Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Immobiliser light blinking, can't start car

1. 03-29-2003 04:07 PM #1
      OK Guys, here's the deal. A buddy of mine got a brand new euro instrument with MFA cluster off of german ebay for his Golf GLS. Both our cars are in storage, but we decided to test in my car. so we take my cluster out. we put the euro one in. turn the power on , and low and behold, the cluster works, the MFA lights up. cool beans. Then a few days later I figure the weather is getting better, and maybe I'll take it out for it's first spin.

Not gonna happen. immobiliser light is flashing and my car won't start.

Just looking for advise, if anyone has been through this. I have access to a vag -com, so if anyone can offer a procedure to get my car going again it would be really cool .

TIA

Vehicles
      '02 Jetta GLS, reigning high mile champ 371,675k miles and counting
      03-29-2003 05:16 PM #2
      Log into the new instrument cluster with VAG-COM and get the immobiliser i.d. #
      and take that and the VIN # to the dealer to obtain your SKC #. You will also need to do the same procedure for the old cluster as well, so if I remember correctly you will need 2 unique SKC's, one for each cluster. Then go to the Ross-Tech website and follow the appropriate instructions. Make sure you have all the keys for the car including the valet key for the key matching portion.

Don

Don

CANCER SUCKS but KAISER SUCKS MORE/But so far I kicked it's ASS

3. 03-30-2003 09:03 AM #3
      Thanks a lot. will do that on Monday.

4. 03-30-2003 10:09 AM #4
      I know this is a little off topic but how much did you pay for the new cluster?

5. 03-30-2003 11:15 AM #5
      if you have Immo-III, you only need to do the adaption to the Euro cluster once

6. Member
      03-31-2003 02:29 PM #6
      Not much...i'll give more details later.

quote:
      I know this is a little off topic but how much did you pay for the new cluster?

7. 03-31-2003 07:40 PM #7
      some of pics are gone... but you can get some good info off of my struggle..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=589191

8. 03-31-2003 09:43 PM #8
      quote:
      Log into the new instrument cluster with VAG-COM and get the immobiliser i.d. #
      and take that and the VIN # to the dealer to obtain your SKC #. You will also need to do the same procedure for the old cluster as well, so if I remember correctly you will need 2 unique SKC's, one for each cluster. Then go to the Ross-Tech website and follow the appropriate instructions. Make sure you have all the keys for the car including the valet key for the key matching portion.

Don

What he said. While swapping ECU's I came upon the same problem even though the ECU #'s were the same. The dealer could fix it but I had no luck getting the chip to work with my car. Im glad though cus I got apr'd instead or Neuspeed'd. Good luck.