VWVortex.com - New: 034Motorsport 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade (MQB)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New: 034Motorsport 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade (MQB)

1. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      04-11-2016 03:31 PM #1

We're pleased to announce the availability of our all-new MQB Audi A3/S3 Quattro Rear Sway Bar Upgrade! Featuring one-piece solid spring steel construction and two-way adjustability, these bars are designed to provide an excellent level of body roll reduction and improvement in handling dynamics, without sacrificing ride comfort.

034Motorsport MQB Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar, 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro, MkVII Volkswagen Golf R

Retail: $265.00 + Shipping

034Motorsport is proud to offer the ultimate rear sway bar upgrade for the MkVII Volkswagen Golf R & 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro! The 034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar is made from a single piece of high-quality, 22.2mm thick spring steel for maximum rigidity, and is designed to combat understeer while reducing body roll under hard cornering.

This product was tested thoroughly on the street and track on 034Motorsport's 2016 Audi S3 Development Vehicle and multiple enthusiast-owned MQB Audi/Volkswagen vehicles before release. The 034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar substantially reduces understeer and body roll on 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro & MkVII Volkswagen Golf R vehicles without compromising comfort on the street.

In addition, the 034Motorsport MQB Rear Sway Bar is engineered to be used effectively with the stock front sway bar. No upgrade in the front is required. The addition of a stiffer front bar can positively affect turn-in feel, but ultimately worsens the platform's tendency to understeer. With the stock front sway bar and upgraded 034Motorsport Solid Rear Sway Bar, body roll is virtually eliminated while turn in and off throttle oversteer are greatly improved.

Features:
      • 22.2mm Diameter
      • Solid Spring Steel Construction
      • One-Piece Design
      • 2-Way Adjustable

What's Included:
      • 034Motorsport 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro & Volkswagen Golf R (MQB) Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar
      • Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings
      • Billet Aluminum Sway Bar Brackets with Integrated Zerk Fittings
      • Sway Bar Bracket Installation Hardware Kit
      • Sway Bar End Link to Sway Bar Hardware Kit

Fitment:
      • 2015 - Present Audi A3/S3 Quattro (8V - MQB)
      • 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf R (MkVII - MQB)

Sway Bar Rate Data:
      • 034Motorsport (Soft) - 37% Rate Increase vs. Factory Audi S3 (22mm) Hollow Rear Sway Bar
      • 034Motorsport (Stiff) - 52% Rate Increase vs. Factory Audi S3 (22mm) Hollow Rear Sway Bar

Installation Instructions:

Please Note: We recommend upgrading to our Spherical MQB Audi A3/S3 & Volkswagen Golf R Rear Sway Bar End Links to gain the maximum performance benefit when installing this rear sway bar upgrade.

Available at these 034Motorsport Dealers near you:

Awesome GTI - UK & Europe

Auto Union Tuning - Southern California

Please don't hesitate to contact us via PM or email if you have any questions!

You May Also Be Interested In:

MQB Audi/Volkswagen Spherical Rear Sway Bar End Links

MQB Audi/Volkswagen Spherical Front Sway Bar End Links

MQB Audi/Volkswagen Billet Aluminum Dogbone Mount Insert Upgrade

1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 Silicone Boost Hose Kit - 8V Audi A3/S3 & Mk7 Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R

034Motorsport - Engineering and Manufacturing Performance Hardware & Software Upgrades for Audi/Volkswagen Enthusiasts Since 2005.

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook

2. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      04-13-2016 07:22 PM #2
      Thank you for the orders! Looking forward to some reviews coming in.
      Last edited by Laszlo@034; 04-18-2016 at 05:17 PM.
      034Motorsport - Engineering and Manufacturing Performance Hardware & Software Upgrades for Audi/Volkswagen Enthusiasts Since 2005.

3. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      04-18-2016 05:17 PM #3
      Thank you for the orders! We still have a few of these Rear Sway Bars on the shelf and ready to ship.

Mk7 Golf R Rear Sway Bar Upgrade | Reduce Body Roll & Decrease Understeer

Here's a review of the bar from the Mk7 Golf R forum:

Quote Originally Posted by dndodd View Post
      I installed yesterday. Instructions were great. Product quality is fantastic. The bushings with the Zerk fittings and channels for the grease are the best I have ever seen.

I used their end links too.

Went on a short drive yesterday in using the soft setting. Much flatter and more neutral. No unusual noises.

Will try the harder setting soon as well as their new sub frame inserts.

I chose this sway bar because I really like their dog bone insert and they advertise that it is designed to work with the front sway bar. The last part just seemed to make allot of sense to me.

4. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      04-21-2016 03:14 PM #4
      Thank you for the continued orders! Another Audi S3 owner's review just came in over on Audizine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathing32 View Post
      So I have no patience and went ahead and installed the new 034 rear sway bar and 034 rear end links last night. Initial impressions are that the car corners as flat as anything I've ever driven now. I'm sure a dedicated sports car would have even less body roll but it would have no where near the ride quality and comfort of the S3. This is key for me since this is my daily driver and although I plan to track it once I've done a few more mods, I really want to maintain or enhance the daily drive-ability with each mod I do. The new sway bar does not noticeably degrade the ride quality as far as I can tell. I took the car through some twisties at 40-50 mph and the responsiveness and predictability are immediately obvious. I'm definitely much more aware of the rear end now - like the car feels much more AWD instead of FWD+. FYI - Currently I have an otherwise stock suspension/wheels/tires although I'm running the ECS flush spacer kit, the UBQ brace and my car came with mag ride.

Install:
      The process is very straightforward and the only minor challenge you'll likely have is figuring out how to fish the passenger side end of the OEM bar out from above the exhaust and axle and around the ride height sensor brackets. I disconnected both the lower bracket that attaches to the control arm (as directed in the 034 instructions) and one of the T25 screws on the upper bracket so I could swing it out of the way. I used jackstands to support the car which gave enough clearance for fishing the old bar out but I imagine a lift would allow you to contort the bar at better angles and make removal easier. Since the S3 sway bar is not straight (like the A4/S4) it requires more manipulation to get it in and out.

One note - make sure you have your 6mm triple square fully engaged in the OEM link end bolts before you try to loosen the nut off of them. The bolts are thin walled and surprisingly brittle. I actually cracked the end of the driver side bolt because I only had the triple square about half engaged. Amateur mistake. I removed the OEM sway bar with the driver side link still attached because of this. Luckily I had the new end links which come with a much more substantial through bolt. The links are beautiful little pieces of sculpted aluminum that make the OEM version look like they came off a riding mower. Note that if you don't buy the new links you will need to reuse the existing link to sway bar bolt and nut (the bolt I cracked) since the sway bar does not come with a new link bolt.

I'll report back again after I've had more time with it but for now I like it a lot and it was a fun install.

5. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      05-19-2016 09:08 PM #5
      It's almost Friday! Looking forward to some more reviews rolling in after weekend drives.

6. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      06-02-2016 01:03 PM #6
      034Motorsport MQB Audi A3/S3 Quattro Adjustable Rear Sway Bars are back in stock and ready to ship!

7. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      06-23-2016 05:04 PM #7
      Thank you for all of the orders!

8. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      07-01-2016 03:08 PM #8
      We only have 4 sway bars in stock.!

Give us a call or email us so we can improve your cars handling!

PHONE

Sales: 877-591-9571
      Customer Service: 877-591-9571
      Technical Support: 877-591-9571

helpdesk@034motorsport.com

9. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      07-15-2016 03:24 PM #9
      Thank you for all of the orders!

10. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      07-29-2016 01:54 PM #10
      Weren't able to make it out to Summerfest? No worries we got a video with some of the action!

11. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      09-09-2016 02:13 PM #11
      Thank you for all the orders!

12. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      09-23-2016 03:00 PM #12
      A look back at Big Socal Euro! Did any of you swing by the booth?

BIG SOCAL EURO 2016 | AN EVENT FOR ALL

13. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      11-18-2016 07:40 PM #13
      Trailing arm bushings have been updated! They will now come with the complete arm with the bearing pressed in to save you some time and money!

Features:

Fully Assembled with New Factory Steel Trailing Arms - Simple Bolt-In Installation!
      Genuine Aurora Spherical Bearings Featuring Teflon Race Lining
      Billet Aluminum Bearing Holders - Anodized Black
      Stainless Steel Bearing Spacers
      Improved Handling & Road Feel
      More Precise & Predictable Handling
      Fully Rebuildable

SPHERICAL REAR TRAILING ARM KIT, MKV/MKVI VOLKSWAGEN GOLF/JETTA/GTI/R & 8J/8P AUDI A3/S3/RS3/TT/TTS/TTRS

Last edited by 034Motorsport; 11-18-2016 at 08:26 PM.

14. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      12-02-2016 07:22 PM #14
      How was everyone's Black Friday/Cyber Monday buying extravaganza! I hope no one missed out on our sale

15. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      12-09-2016 05:03 PM #15
      Looking for rear adjustable control arms to get more camber? Well, look no further!
      Features:
      Billet Aluminum Construction - Anodized Black
      Genuine Aurora Spherical Bearings
      Approximately 5 Degrees of Camber Adjustment (-2.4 Degrees or +2.6 Degrees)
      Adjustable in 1/36" Increments. Each 1/36" Corresponds to ~0.18 Degrees.
      Dust boots now included!

034MOTORSPORT, REAR UPPER ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS

16. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      12-16-2016 07:49 PM #16

17. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      12-23-2016 01:04 PM #17
      In the Fremont California area? Don't miss out on our open house!

Dynos starting at $79 or $89 for three pulls!

NorCal Audi Club and 034Motorsport bring you WinterFest 2016! Join us at 034Motorsport for another great meet with food, cars, and fun!

We'll be hosting the 4th Annual NorCal Audi Club WinterFest as well as another 034Motorsport Dyno Day & Open House on Saturday, January 21st! We'll have all of the attractions you're used to, as well as a few extras:

Cars & Enthusiasts - Bring your stock or modified Audi, meet fellow enthusiasts, see their cars, and get an in-depth look at some of 034Motorsport's race cars and projects.

Food & Drinks – This year Javad is bringing plenty of home-made chili, and we’ll have drinks and snacks on hand for you as well.

Open House - We will be giving tours of the 034Motorsport Facility, including our Service Department. This is your chance to see how our parts are made, and get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on here at 034.

Discounted Products - We will be offering 10% off all 034Motorsport-branded products and merchandise at the event, as well as discounted pricing on 034Motorsport ECU Upgrades.

Free Raffle - Everyone who attends can enter their name in our free raffle, featuring items from 034Motorsport.

Dyno Runs - We are offering great deals on baseline dynos, and accepting 16 cars. See what you car makes on our Mustang AWD Dyno, or just check out some of the other cars doing pulls.

Dyno registration

Facebook event
      https://www.facebook.com/events/1213223295433433/

18. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      12-30-2016 04:50 PM #18
      Waiting to see 034Motorsport's R460 Audi S3 in action? Video from the European Car Magazine 2.0T Tuner GP presented by Continental Tire

19. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      01-06-2017 06:52 PM #19
      Who's ready for tax season?

20. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      04-21-2017 01:44 PM #20
      We have plenty in stock ready to ship! Make sure you take advantage of the free shipping we have going on for a limited time!

For advertising information click HERE