VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

No start electrical issue

577 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  golfGTI94 
#1 ·
Currently working on a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, complaints of no start:/; hit the key and nothing happens. Get the car and cannot recreate issue(typical). Day later car will not start in store parking lot. Bring a battery and jump box assuming the battery is flat, replace battery and either get no start at all or what seems to be an attempt at the starter appendix coming out. Either way the car gets towed. Car does nothing at all at this point when the key is turned. Dash illuminates and cluster says "put in 'P' or 'N'".

Check fault codes and find faults in central electronics:
-00187- Passive/Sporadic Relay for voltage supply terminal 75x adaptation-Electrical malfunction in circuit
-00955- Active/Static Key 1 -no or incorrect basic setting/ adaptation

Get a second key for the car and have the same issue.
Check voltage at starter input getting nothing.
Go to starter relay((J682) in relay box above BCM(J519)) getting 2-3V on the control pin. Grounds and voltage check out on other 3 pins. Replace relay with known good relay too.
KOEO, give the starter 12v and engine starts right up. (rules out immobilizer?)
Looked at diagram via ErWin (No.46/6) and it seems either the clutch switch((G476)for manual trans), trans range sensor((F125)for slushbox), or mechatronics((J743)for dsg trans) gives a voltage to the BCM(J519) which then gives to the ECM(J623) and releases to the relay for starting. Find the DME connector is riveted and tamper-proof so I check voltage at the BCM connector pin 30 conector C and have that 2-3 volt output to the ECU.
Replaced BCM for the hell of it(not the first time I've had some ****ed up problem with the BCM) and same ****.

So not too sure of what to do next due to lacking information on the operating systems. Is the mechatronics the only thing that releases the ECM other than the immobilizer?(shifter is recognizing gear positions in Adv Valves in VAG) Does the immobilizer cut air and fuel to the engine or just the starter input? Does the BCM release to the ECM with 5V? Has anyone replaced a mechatronics with this issue? Is there an adaptation that may help? Am I over thinking this?

Any info to stir the pot in my head would be great, thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.