VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

>>>WRD Advantage Street Coilover SUMMER SALE<<< From $349.95!!! By VdubWarehouse.com

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  CarNut84GTi 
#1 · (Edited)

WRD Advantage Coilovers provide a perfect balance between comfort and performance. With threaded shock body's and perches they allows you to adjust the springs to give your VW or Audi the ride height you desire, lowering the center of gravity and increasing the performance and handling.

MK6 Golf/GTI/Jetta
With 55mm Front Strut Housing
Designed for IRS cars, but have lots of customers running them on Beam cars
Retail: $499.95
$349.95 + Shipping
CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

R32/R/Jetta Sportwagen/Passat/CC/A3 Quattro/TT MKII Quattro
Retail: $599.95
$449.95 + Shipping
CLICK HERE TO ORDER!!!

Product Features

Lowering Range: 35mm to 70mm*
Warranty: 3 Year limited warranty**
Ride height adjustability for a more attractive stance and look
Reduces body roll and lower center of gravity for improve handling
Shocks valved to match our performance spring rates
Chrome finish for corrosion protection and a show quality appearance
Black powder coated springs
Black anodized billet aluminum hardware
Front Axle - Maximum Lowering (12 3/8 from center hub to fender)
Rear Axle - Maximum Lowering (11 7/16 from center hub to fender)
* Lowering ranges varying depending on vehicle modal and condition
** Professional installation recommended

Kit Includes

Two front threaded coilovers, chrome plated for corrosion protection and a show quality appearance with twin tube low pressure gas shocks insides.
Two front spring perches and locking rings hardware, anodized black.
Two front springs and two helper springs, powder coated black.
Two front shortened sway bar end links.
Two rear sport shocks matched to the springs and lowering range, black.
Two rear billet aluminum adjustable threaded spring perches, black anodized.
Two rear progressive rate springs, powder coated black.
Two coilover adjuster wrenches

An Example on one of our customers cars, lowered fully front and rear

How low these go, front and rear

See less See more
#2 ·
here are some pics of them set at their max height, as well as some install pics.

Max Height Front:

Max Height Rear:

Max Height Overall:

Front Installed:

Rear Installed:

Another shot all the way down:

And the height they were set to for the customer:

#3 ·
MK5/6 Customers Review Threads and posts:

gti_mkIII review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6011456-WRD-advantage-street-coilovers-review

fahrenLOW review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6024633-Wrd-coil-over-review

NmyGLi_06 review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6062985-Review-WRD-Advantage-Coilovers-on-an-06-GLI

onevrsix review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6095958-WRD-MKV-Coilover-Review

716GTI review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6125523-WRD-Coilover-Review

MKVDave review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6141562-WRD-Coilover-Review

NFSxGTiVR6 review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6142370-WRD-Advantage-Street-Coilover-MK6-SE-Review

scottryla review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6142350-WRD-Review

fevwer review: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6958828-WRD-Advantage-coilovers-review

My friend just had these installed.
These go low and actually ride pretty nice. Not bad for 399!!!
Installed last night...
Initial Impressions: Well built and a very nice finish. Everything fits very nice without any modifications. Sitting at about 5 threads left up front and 7 in the rear(24.75in ftg front and 26in ftg rear). Rides firmer than stock but not overly stiff, in all fairness I also installed new wheels with lower profile tires which also add to the overall firmness. I was expecting them to be bouncy but was pleasantly surprised that was not the case. Overall very impressed with quality and initial ride. Will continue to adjust in order to level out ride height and report after I've driven it a bit more.

I decided to go ahead and right a review based on my experience so far regarding the WRD Advantage Coilovers that can be found here on the forums for sale.

To start off I would like to say that it was a pleasure dealing with CarNut84GTi, he was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns and was very prompt into returning my messages. I was deciding between the Solowerks and the WRD coils and after much consideration, I went through and purchased the WRD coils.

My only complaint would be the shipping time, however, I know coming from California to North Carolina does take some time, especially with UPS. I am not a fan of the shipping times that UPS has, I believe that FedEx is much more reliable and gets the packages delivered much faster, based on past experience, purchases and shipping.

Upon receiving, I inspected everything. Box was in excellent shape, all of the contents were accounted for and everything was packaged very well!

A buddy of mine and myself installed the suspension on a Saturday and everything went on with no issues, however, I was a little disappointed that the rear springs go in upside down and the perches are on the bottom. To adjust them was not easy - you have to unbolt the sway bar, unbolt the strut and remove the spring completely and then take out the perches and then adjust them off the car. (better measure first so you don't have to guess!!)

Ride Quality
I am EXTREMELY impressed with these coils!!! Even all the way down, 0 threads left front and rear, the ride was actually comfortable, and handling was what I hoped for - responsive. I would rate these as a mid level coilover and priced accordingly.
For them on a Jetta and my liking, the rear was too low so after a week of driving, I raised the rear up an inch. Definitely a lot happier! I have now put 2,000 miles on them in 2 weeks (yes, that is correct) and I am still amazed at the ride quality! I daily drive my car everyday for work, 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week and I am not sick of the ride at all like I was with Racelands. I even took it on a 4 hour drive to Gatlinburg, TN and back over the weekend and the handling and ride was excellent!

Finally installed my set of the WRD Street Advantage coils a couple weeks ago and had them settled in while running my stock wheels, then slapped on these 18x8 Mercedes wheels this past weekend.
As it sits right now, both front and rear are about 8 threads from the bottom and still have the helper on the fronts.
So far I have put in over 2300 miles, rides well, much firmer than stock and not bumpy.

I installed mines this weekend + 034 High Density mounts.

Rear is all the way down with perches
Front is about 4-5 treads from bottom.

fronts all the way down with helper springs. still waiting for the back to settle, even when they do i suspect there is going to be a little bit of rake (maybe because of the rear beam axle) but the front is too low anyway as it is on 19s. good ride quality, good price:thumbup:

Really good coilovers i went from 1500 dollar h&r to these because h&r coils dont drop as low, but in my opinion these are really good they drive close to perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay after I put 4,550 miles on these I think I've got enough information to give a proper review lol.

First off, fit and finish on these I'd rate an easy 9/10. Beautiful units, and they feel solid in your hands.
Install is like any other setup, the rear adjusters are located on the bottom side of the units so you have to set the height before you put them in. You can still adjust them once on the car, but you'll have to remove the bolt that holds the rear spring in place so you can get to the adjusters below the spring (sits down in the cup). Other than that, no problems with these guys at all.

During normal highway/interstate driving....they are SHOCKINGLY good! That was the biggest thing I noticed when I installed such an easily affordable set of coils. Normally in that class, it's pretty bad and super bouncy....not in the least bit here, not at all. Back roads or roads with imperfections are no problem at all, these ride shockingly nicely in all but the absolute worst possible conditions (aka, why are you even driving on a road like that, ever).

The only thing I could find that would upset the coils were roads that have small 'hills' of say 4-7" in height repeating in very short sections (think rolling hill) kinda like this --> ~~~ kinda hard to describe, but just large rolling bumps don't give the front end enough time to settle. It is NOT bouncy in this condition, don't misunderstand, it just goes over the first bump with no time at all to recover before the second so it's at the top of the travel, then another, then another. A seriously killer test on a suspension, and very unlikely you'll really encounter this almost literally ever.

Normal bumps are nothing, no crashing over bumps, no bouncing, it just rides nicely. The car stays pretty flat with the high spring rates, and is pretty responsive as well.

Overall I'd say these are absolutely worth the msrp of $599 without question, for $399 they are a freaking steal. I ran mine with about 1 finger gap between the fender and wheel. They may ride better for people who slam their cars, since the spring rates are clearly influenced by that crowd (the front springs are rated very high to maintain the ability to keep it from bottoming out easily). If you're on the fence, and you don't plan on tracking your car (not talking about a random AutoX event, but many events + track days), I hope this helps.

Are they as good as my Bilstein PSS B14's? No, but they also cost a hilariously 3/4 less, and they ride better for normal street driving and maybe a lil AutoX here and there. If you're doing more than that (almost none of you are) then of course you need to buy something made for that kinda life, but.....weigh the cost, how much do you REALLY believe you need the big money setup. I would not hesitate to recommend these to any of my friends, nor buy another set if I needed a nice street setup.

WRD :thumbup::thumbup:

Kei
Yes they will.

full album: http://imgur.com/a/XGoIb#0

#6 ·
I don't have photo's of a Jetta on these at the lowest setting, but I do of a GTI which will be similar. Maybe someone else with a Jetta wound all the way down can chime in.

An Example on one of our customers cars, lowered fully front and rear

How low these go, front and rear

#8 ·
All of the quotes from customers are images they posted up in past sale threads of ours. But, if you take the measurements shown in our initial post, your going to be close to that (the fender to hub measurement). All cars vary slightly depending on their weight, but this is going to give you a pretty good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.