Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The G60 Rebuilder Rating Thread

1. 11-22-2003 03:39 AM #36
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?

Bahn Brenner Motorsports

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?
      3 hours

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc.
      GT-70 rebuild, Superwide Cogbelt, RSR Outlet, RS/RSR Porting, Installation of 65mm Pulley

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?
      Nope

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?

Very much so. It was a sight to see.

2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?
      Absolutely, great customer service. I even treated them to lunch.

3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?
      Even in the break-in period I was peeing my pants!

4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?
      Due to me choosing a 65mm pulley the warranty was void (perfectly ok with that)

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.

2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.

2. 11-26-2003 03:40 PM #37
      Rebuild Services:
      BBM

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?

a little over 6 weeks after the time of ordering.

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc.

GT rebuild with full port and polish.

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?

Non-that I was informed about

Customer Satisfaction:

NO, it got worse. When I shipped it out I was getting about 3psi of boost after I finally got it back it did not put out any boost.

NO, They sent me the wrong supercharger rebuild the first time around. I then had to pay to ship it back to them and have the correct one sent back down to me. I ended up having to pay for shipping 4 times.

3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?

NO, after the rebuild I got 0 boost out of the charger.

4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?

Non-that I was made aware of. There wasn’t event any paper work to let me know what they had done or if there were any problems.

Overall Rating:

Less the 1

Less then 1

One very pissed off BBM customer. I ended up taking it to a local shop who told me that the insides had been botched so bad they were surprised that it had not grenaded on me. After spending over $2000 on the rebuild I had to spend another $3500 going with another solution. Avoid BBM if you can.

3. 12-15-2003 03:20 PM #38
      Quote, originally posted by xyemox »

One very pissed off BBM customer.

Just a thought I wanted to post after reading such a negative review of a company so many forum members hold in high esteem. If/When you have problems with someone's products or services, the first thing that should happen is an effort to work those problems out with the company. Often, the cause of something like a 0 boost reading can be outside the charger (i.e. boost hoses, IC, etc.) In fact, I was suprised enough by your comments that I checked with BBM, and though they have record of you as a customer, it was not for rebuilding a charger.

Anyways, I don't want to get this thread off topic, but just thought I'd add my thoughts.

-Nate

Modified by SaabFan at 4:34 PM 12-15-2003

4. 12-16-2003 02:27 PM #39
      I don’t want to go to far off topic but I felt a response was warranted here. I just wanted to let you know that I replaced all of my boost hoses and used a cleaned and boost verified intercooler on the car. I ran the car no higher then 2700rpm for about 1,000 miles to break it in. After the break in I was still not getting any boost in fact it had gone down. After pulling the system apart I found grease from the charger all up in the hoses and intercooler. I ended up having to run the car naturally aspirated for several months while saving up the money to get a different solution. As for them not finding me in their "system" doesn’t surprise me. It took them 2 tries to get me what that I ordered in the first place and ended up having to pay shipping there and back on both tries.
      On another note I have purchased other things there and had no problems getting what I ordered. I may have gone overboard in the first post because just thinking about the money spent really gets my ire up.

12-17-2003 02:55 PM #40
      I am going to find out what is going on here!
      Playing phone tag with this guy....
      Our records show that he just bought a screw compressor pulley???
      I'm not sure what the story is, we have no records of even doing a g-lader under his name.
      Anyway, I sure would like to help him get more than 0 psi.

Best wishes,
      John Betz
      BBM

Modified by JBETZ at 2:46 PM 12-18-2003

BBM -Bahn Brenner Motorsport
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

Vehicles
      2002 Audi S6
      02-08-2004 12:32 PM #41
      Rebuild Services:

KompressorKanada

5 business days

Standard rebuild with Stage3 port and polish, OEM VW paint. I also bought Dave's Hop-Up Kit including 65mm pulley.

Yes, displacer tip needed welding to fix a small crack.

Customer Satisfaction:

Absolutely. Dave does awesome top notch work.

Yes. The roar intake pipe I bought at the same time cracked and Dave worked very hard to get his fabricator (who he now no longer uses) to make me a replacement which he shipped free of charge. Recently I thought I might have excessive charger blow by and he spend quite alot of time with me on MSN troubleshooting the problem (turned out to be nothing to do with the charger at all).

Hell yes! Dave's got numbers sheet my from most recent dyno run posted in the rebuild section of his site. It's about 8000km since the rebuild and in third I pulled 13.2psi @ 2516RPM and 18.1psi @ 5899RPM.

No, I chose a 65mm pulley which meant it came without warrantly. Dave made a point of explaining to me that the pulley invalidated any warranty's on the charger at the time and required I give him acknowledgment of that fact before proceeding. As a result of that info and the fact it was my choice, I had no problems with the lack of warranty.

Overall Rating:

Modified by mithril at 11:58 AM 2-11-2004

7. 03-02-2004 09:56 PM #42
      Kompressor Kanada

1.5weeks

Rebuild, stage4 G-ladder

pulley side case was dead apex strips where dead.

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of
      materials/workmanship?
      a little more attention with the finish would have been nice with some things.

Very happy

yes

came with 3months warranty

Overall Rating:
      8 out of 10 im very happy i chose them. i`ll have dyno results soon.

9 out of 10

Modified by LagunaSecaBlueMK3 at 1:59 AM 3-3-2004

8. 03-03-2004 03:26 PM #43

Rebuild Services:

KK

4 Business Days. Shipped from Florida on thursday, received on tuesday.

Rebuild + Stage 4 + Paint

Not that I was told

Customer Satisfaction:

Considering what I sent out compared to what I received, yes extremely happy

Extremely happy with turnaround time especially

Just installed it this morning, will see

N/A

Overall Rating:

9. 03-05-2004 01:16 AM #44
      KK has another VERY near future customer right here. Can't go wrong with a guy who does top-notch work, has GREAT turn-around and isn't as expensive as the others! Keep up the GREAT work KK...

03-08-2004 04:36 PM #45
      Any BBM customers past, present or new that would like their chargers checked out, upgraded or serviced give us a call. Warranties intact or not. If you have an oil leak out of warranty or think maybe your strips could be thin. If your in warranty, obviously as allways we will do our very best to give you the best quality g-lader services on the planet. Get hooked up with deep discounts for this limited time VWVortex Spring Special.
      Thanks again for your support and patronage!
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      91 20vG60 GTi, 91 VR6T GTi, 12 Golf R
      03-11-2004 12:26 AM #46
      Quote, originally posted by JBETZ »
      Any BBM customers past, present or new that would like their chargers checked out, upgraded or serviced give us a call. Warranties intact or not. If you have an oil leak out of warranty or think maybe your strips could be thin. If your in warranty, obviously as allways we will do our very best to give you the best quality g-lader services on the planet. Get hooked up with deep discounts for this limited time VWVortex Spring Special.
      Thanks again for your support and patronage!

Ive ALWAYS been taken care of by John. Charger built 3 years ago and he was always willnig to service it and help me out Same deal with the Lysholm GREAT service!!!

12. 03-11-2004 06:23 PM #47
      I had my blower serviced by bahn brenner about a year ago among many other upgrades in the past. I consider myself one of the select few people that gets a chance to see how bahn brenner operates in and out of the shop. when i first met john at bbm he took the time out of his busy schedule to show me the possible upgrades that i could do to my corrado, then afterwards took me for a ride in his corrado. This to me showed that this is a group of guys who go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that there customers are satisfied and in the time that ive known them i have seen nothing but that. i find it very odd that somebody would have a problem with bbm due to the commitment and passion that these guys share for there customers and there products. Kudos to John and the rest of the BBM crew for making sure that all my performance needs are taken care of.

13. 03-11-2004 08:07 PM #48
      If I had stayed with my g-lader that I had rebuilt and installed by BBM I would've definetly kept my business with them. An all-around great group of guys who do stuff for their customers you never see from a lot of your local tuners or general business ventures in general.

from me

03-15-2004 03:38 AM #49
      Rebuild Services:

Customer Satisfaction:
      BBM
      YES
      Didn't make it that far, took it apart and it was shot

Overall Rating:
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service
      What i must say is BBM was very cool about what i wanted/could get done at the time and very cool about helping me out in everyway. Thanks guys

Clayton

15. 03-20-2004 12:18 AM #50
      Kompressor Kanada

4 business days there, 3-4 days back

full rebuild, stage 4 porting, bright silver paint

yup needed a displacer repair, and a had a crack in intake casing, dave hooked me up with a matched casing for a good price

Customer Satisfaction:
      Yes, A++

YES, very much.. we kept in contact throughout the shipping, he called me at work as soon as the charger arrived and he opened it up..

oh yeah... i love bizzzoost

6 month unlimited mile warranty.. no need to return..

Overall Rating:

to KK

let me just say this one thing, KK, BBM, ORZ.. all good companies.. do your research, talk to Dave, John or Oliver.. and decide for yourself..

Modified by compleckz at 9:03 PM 4-4-2004

///Andrew

fükenbroken: you know how we do.

Vehicles
      98VR6DE
      03-23-2004 11:43 AM #51

Bahn Brenner Motorsport

3 days

Full Monty

none

Customer Satisfaction:

Yes

Yes, very professional

Yes, about what was promised ahead of time

1 year warranty, (no change in pulley sizing…yet)

Overall Rating:

10+

10+ - Nice Guys, good service

Modified by BMDave at 4:03 PM 3-23-2004

17. 04-10-2004 12:08 AM #52
      I have had my charger serviced by BBM and KK.
      (car now owned by a buddy who lives with me)

1st time was BBM I initially was not to happy because when I got it back it leaked from the main pulley seal which was why I had sent it to them in the first place. When I sent it back they almost did not warranty it because I had removed the pulley to install it easier. They ended up warranting it though because the day I got it I called them because it was leaking when I installed it.
      John did make it right though.
      I never noticed any diff in boost and when I got it back the 2nd time from BBM the seal had been pinned(I believe thats what they call it when you make two indentations on the metal around the main pulley seal to bring the metal in tighter) sorry if that is unclear I am not to mechanical. It has never leaked though. I was a little weary of BBM after that which is probally why I used KK the second time.

KK only did the service with new strips, klubber and stage2 port. Felt a lil more boost that time. probally from the port. KK was a little more personable and seemed a touch easier to work with.

Both companies are good though. buddy just had engine rebuilt cause of blown head gasket and charger appears to have excess oil in tubes now. So it is decission time again for me as he doesnt know who to go with.

18. 04-10-2004 12:36 PM #53
      Rebuild Services:
      Kompressor Kanada
      4 days to get shipped back
      full rebuild stage 2 and repaint
      slight damage to the grooves such as bends but was easily repaired.

Customer Satisfaction:
      excellent very happy
      Dave is a great guy never had better service anywhere
      unfortunatly still have to install charger. its going into my jetta with a aba block so its taking some time.
      yes it came with a warranty.

Overall Rating:

a big to KK for a great job and awesome service. thanks David

19. 04-22-2004 04:26 AM #54
      Rebuild Services:

gruven

one

standard rebuild, 68mm pulley, shorter belt, 944 fpr, sns stage IV chip

yeah that thing needed cleaned up serious only 6 lbs of bost b4 "surgery"o

Customer Satisfaction:

h.ell m.otherf.ucking yes!!!

uh, well, he didnt buy me dinner so no.

huge torque steer. so much f.ucking power. everyones like wtf when they drive my car. it breathes fire. its loud and scares people. also, when i step out of it, girls look at me.

this thing is solid. i would recommend mike to my mother if she had a VW. ask mike about the warranty details. gruven in cleveland is 216-640-2117

Overall Rating:

20. 05-04-2004 03:11 AM #55
      Rebuild Services:

Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?
      Dave @ Kompressor Kanada

What was the turnaround time?
      Took about 2 weeks to get there (I didn't want to pay $80 to get it there, I was in no rush), and he had it for about 4 days, and then it took 2 days to ship back.

What rebuild services did you have performed?
      Full rebuild, Stage 4 porting, 68mm pulley

Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?
      There was displacer damage, and that had to be repaired.

Customer Satisfaction:

In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?
      VERY.

Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?
      Yes, Dave is an awesome guy to do business with.

Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?
      Yes.

Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?
      Well, the paper said that any charger with a smaller pulley does not include the warranty, yet it also says that if he installed it, then it does not void the warranty? I'm not too sure about that.

Overall Rating:

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.

21. 05-17-2004 12:19 AM #56

Modified by flyinhigh at 10:07 PM 6-15-2004

05-18-2004 03:22 PM #57

Modified by JBETZ at 6:08 PM 6-16-2004
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

23. 05-20-2004 11:07 PM #58

Modified by flyinhigh at 10:08 PM 6-15-2004

05-21-2004 02:07 PM #59

Modified by JBETZ at 6:09 PM 6-16-2004
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

25. 05-21-2004 02:14 PM #60
      bbm.

Modified by DCI VW at 4:58 PM 6-18-2004

26. 05-21-2004 08:58 PM #61
      all is good now

Modified by flyinhigh at 10:08 PM 6-15-2004

Vehicles
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2000 Passat Estate, 2014 Chevy Spark EV
      05-26-2004 02:41 AM #62

Rebuild Services:

1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild? : Bahn Brenner

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back? 3.5 weeks - Not BB's fault. Fed-Ex "misplaced" my charger for a bit - approx 2 weeks. They only had it in-house approx 3-4 days before i got the call that it was done.

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc. : OE Spec rebuild with GT-70 intake porting and RS/RSR outlet porting.

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? : Not that i was aware of.

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship? Yes, spot on job.

2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? Yes.

3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? Yes- before the rebuild i was putting out 4-5 psi at 6K. After the breakin i was hitting 6-7 at 3k

4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not? Yes it came with a warranty as long as i keep the stock pulley on. Havent had to use it as of yet.

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work. 10
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service. 10

If i had it to do over again, the only thing i would do different is ship with another carrier..

Also, when doing the GT-70 upgrade they have to send you a hose to attach your charger to your airbox. Well, when they shipped mine out they forgot to throw it in the box. Whoops.. Called up after i got the package and they had the hose and the clamps shipped out overnight with saturday delivery for no charge. That is a great example of customer service. It was something small but it was something necessary and they made it right with out me having to beg and plead. Thanks again John & Co..

Modified by psykokid at 10:47 PM 5-25-2004

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

28. Member
      Vehicles
      Current VWs I own...'60 '60 '63 '76 '82 '83 '91 '92 '96 '96 '97 '03
      06-20-2004 04:29 AM #63
      Just got my G-60 going after having an oem spec rebuild by Bahn Brenner. So far-so good seems to be pumping some good psi. Good customer service, as soon as they got it they inspected it and called me. I got it back 6 buisness days after I sent it overall 9.5, -.5 because when I got the pakage back the charger was faced pulley down and resting against the bottom of the box, if it had been dropped it would've landed directly on the pulley... otherwise great expeience with BBM, thanks guys, and keep up the good work!
      @captainsaveadub

29. 06-21-2004 04:32 PM #64
      Rebuild Services:
      >Kompressor Kanada
      2) What was the turnaround time?
      >about 3 weeks (I used snail mail)
      3) What rebuild services did you have performed?
      >Full Rebuild, Stage 2 port/polish
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild?
      >um, let's see if I can remember...part of the scroll on the exhaust-half of the housing was damaged, so a new piece needed to be welded in. I think that's it.

Customer Satisfaction:
      >Yes
      >Yes - when KK received my charger, Dave contacted me through a Vortex IM, by phone, and by email - pictures of the charger came with the email. During a phone conversation he clearly explained what needed to be done, and when I told him to forget about the stage 2 option because of the extra cost of the welding repairs, he did it anyway free of charge.
      >The car has never felt faster (even during the break-in period where I stayed under half throttle and under 3k rpm).
      >Came with a warranty (pulley stayed stock) and I have not had to return the charger for any work.

Overall Rating:
      >10
      >10

30. 07-17-2004 03:45 AM #65
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?David, KK
      2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?7 work days. Exactly what I was quoted.and that was ground return. no rush.
      3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc. Rebuild, stage4, salvaged my casings with his displacer, all the same gen, flat black paint. flawless.
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? No repairs, however, David went above and beyond the call of duty to make me a great deal on a clean displacer, as mine was cracked, irrepairably, and he did so at the expense of one of his own cores, hoping that he'd be able to make a match down the road. Truly a gentleman.

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship? I am so happy I could .....wait, just did. Peed.
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? The only thing better than the flat black finish, was David's flat sense of humor (jk, D.) Again, nothing but a true gentleman.If I emailed him, 10 minutes later he was on the other phone. It was almost sort of creepy.
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? GOBS!
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not? Yes, No, and because the stuff was right.
      Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work. No Doubt, 10
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service. "This one goes to 11....."

Edit:This is all after being thoroughly raped by the other guys. You know the one with the whiney cars.......though i stay

edit 07/20/04: So owner of company with whiney cars IM'd me. Too little Too late. Never called you out, or evil upon you. Just won't hear from me again, nor my money, nor anyone I speak to face to face.

Modified by maxg60 at 7:48 AM 7-17-2004

Modified by maxg60 at 3:13 PM 7-20-2004

07-21-2004 12:31 PM #66
      Quote, originally posted by maxg60 »

Edit:This is all after being thoroughly raped by the other guys. You know the one with the whiney cars.......though i stay

edit 07/20/04: So owner of company with whiney cars IM'd me. Too little Too late. Never called you out, or evil upon you. Just won't hear from me again, nor my money, nor anyone I speak to face to face.

Ok, now what did we do this time?
      Very sorry if we sexually assulted you in any way.
      Whatevery we did, I will do what it takes to make it right for you.
      Just let me know what it is, Thanks.

Face Book
      we share the passion!

32. 07-23-2004 04:03 PM #67
      1.kk

2.2 weeks(i used usps)

3.stage 4 porting

4.no

i'm happy with the whole thing, everything is great.
      it came with a good warrenty, but only until the 65mm
      pulley goes on.

i can't really rate the work cuz i have nothing to compare it to,
      but i am extremely pleased with the results.

i'll rate the customer service at 9, definatly one of the best
      businesses i've ever delt with

33. 08-19-2004 06:51 AM #68
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Took direct to Pitstop Developments, UK
      2) about 5 hours....
      3) Standard rebuild
      4) No

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) Yes
      2) Yes
      3) Yes, Standard Charger now puts out 12psi
      4) Yes, not needed so far

Overall Rating:
      1) 10 Cant falt it
      2) 9 they just need some more customer entertainment

Vehicles
      82 Rabbid G60, 99 Chevy Silverado
      09-12-2004 05:50 AM #69
      Rebuild Services:

Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?

Dave @ Kompressor Kanada

What was the turnaround time?

About 2-2.5 weeks due to repairs, custom paint, and Dave did the work and let me pay when I had collected all my funds

What rebuild services did you have performed?

Full rebuild plus Stage 4 porting, the first geman flag paint job

Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?

There was about an inch worth of displacer damage that needed to be welded

Customer Satisfaction:

In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?

VERY.

Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?

Absolutely

Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?

Repaired to normal boost levels, tho full boost comes sooner

Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?

No, I use a 65mm pulley not supplied or installed by KK

Overall Rating:

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.

Vehicles
      2005 Audi A4 Quattro
      09-24-2004 03:40 PM #70
      Rebuild Services:
      Bahn Brenner Motorsports
      3 Days. They were very busy at the time. Surprised they got it done as soon as they did cause I said I need it back by friday I got it thursday.

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, paint. Performance options: GT-70 porting, RS/RSR Porting, ported to the MAX!

Very slight grove repair cause an apex strip slipped some time.

Customer Satisfaction:
      Yes

They bumped me to the front of the rebuild line to get it to me even before I needed it. Good guys!

I had some boost leaks and I took it very easy on the break-in but once I got the boost leaks fixed and break-in was over. It was like BALLS TO THE WALLS BOYS!!! I also after the break in got a 68mm pulley. So I went from 6psi to like 14psi. Feels good!

There is a warranty but no return for warranty work cause none is need boosting very well.

Overall Rating:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast