Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The G60 Rebuilder Rating Thread

1. 02-26-2007 10:19 AM #106
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild? BBM
      2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back? 2.5 weeks (most was shipping time from ALABAMA, actual time in shop was only about 4 days)
      3) What rebuild services did you have performed? rebuild with port work
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? none

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?yes
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? over the top!
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? smaller pulley = more boost
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?
      Well, the charger came with no warranty due to the smaller pulley, however, the guys at BBM were willing to check my charger out when I noticed and oil leak about 2 weeks after installing. So far still dont know where the oil leak is coming from, but they made no issues about checking it out for me, even though it technically didn't come with a warranty. These guys are AWESOME, don't hesitate to do business with them!

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work. 10
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.10

Customer service is great, and they are even willing to do custom stuff for you. Props to the guys (and girls) at BBM!
      And a BIG Thanks from Erin & Daniel (Mobile, AL)

2. 05-28-2007 09:53 AM #107
      Had my supercharger rebuild by Bahn Brenner in Aug 2004.

Turnaround time was about one week.
      Had the standard rebuilt done with some machining on the outlet.
      No repairs done at this time. Just excellent work by them.

I am very happy with the service, quality of materials and workmanship.
      Customer service was excellent
      Much improved performance from the G60.
      It has been well over the warranty and have not had any problems with the system. It just runs and runs.

Overall rating would be a 10 for quality of work.
      Custome service would be a 10.
      Great job by all at Bahn Brenner. Thank you.

Tony De Franco
      Sarasota, Florida

Vehicles
      90 Corrado 2.016vG60, 14 GLI
      06-01-2007 12:19 PM #108
      Rebuild Service:
      1. kompressor kanada
      2. 3 weeks to get it there via crappy USPS. turn around time4 days. 5 days to get back to me via UPS.
      3. full rebuild
      4. no repair needed

Customer Satisfaction:
      1. very happy with material and workmanship.
      2. customer service was very good and kept me informed
      3. don't kow yet its not broken in. but anythings better then what it was!
      4. yes came with warranty.

Overall Rating:
      1. 10
      2. 9.5

4. 06-26-2007 08:25 AM #109
      1) Bahn Brenner
      2) A little under three weeks

5. 07-13-2007 08:42 AM #110
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Bahn Brenner
      2) 3 Weeks
      3)OE Spec rebuild, RS/RSR Porting-Stage 4, 68mm Pulley
      4)No Repairs

Customer Satisfaction:
      1)Very happy with rebuild, looks brand new and puts out way more boost
      2) Spoke with John Betz himself and he was too nice and very knowledgeable...nice dude
      3) 100% difference in the performance
      4) I'm pretty sure a 6 month warranty is included and no warranty work with 1,000's of miles logged on since rebuild

Overall Rating:
      1) 10 on work
      2) 10 on customer service

6. 08-10-2007 02:35 PM #111
      Rebuild services:
      1 BBM
      2 3 days
      3 New apex strips, oil seals, super wide belt conversion
      4 No repairs

Customer satisfaction:
      1 Happy with finished product - still breaking it in
      2 even though the person i spoke with had only worked there a matter of weeks he was very knowledgeable and helpful

3 cant tell the car was in such bad shape when i picked it up ie really badly leaking boost tubes, hole in piston etc. The charger looked pretty good however.

4No warranty at all. Although they did say if anything broke they were responsible for they would take care of it.

Overall rating:

7. Member
      Vehicles
      Current VWs I own...'60 '60 '63 '76 '82 '83 '91 '92 '96 '96 '97 '03
      10-11-2007 09:36 PM #112
      Quote, originally posted by 2deepn2dubs »
      Just got my G-60 going after having an oem spec rebuild by Bahn Brenner. So far-so good seems to be pumping some good psi. Good customer service, as soon as they got it they inspected it and called me. I got it back 6 buisness days after I sent it overall 9.5, -.5 because when I got the pakage back the charger was faced pulley down and resting against the bottom of the box, if it had been dropped it would've landed directly on the pulley... otherwise great expeience with BBM, thanks guys, and keep up the good work!

UPDATE...I now have 10k miles on my charger and now only boosts 5psi, i have a fresh motor rebuild with good compression and no boost leaks!

Modified by 2deepn2dubs at 6:37 PM 10-11-2007

10-17-2007 01:17 AM #113

UPDATE...I now have 10k miles on my charger and now only boosts 5psi, i have a fresh motor rebuild with good compression and no boost leaks!

Modified by 2deepn2dubs at 6:37 PM 10-11-2007

emailed you

BBM -Bahn Brenner Motorsport
      http://www.BahnBrenner.com
      we share the passion!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      11-01-2007 03:46 PM #114
      I was removing my charger to send it to you and heres what I found
      e-mail sent...

Modified by 2deepn2dubs at 6:18 PM 11-1-2007

10. Member
      Vehicles
      11-02-2007 04:07 PM #115
      Quote, originally posted by JBETZ »

emailed you

John, did you get my e-mail? ...Im sending you my charger today

11-07-2007 03:53 PM #116
      Not good, you might need a new charger
      We did this build in early 2004
      Just for the record the g-lader can be an unreliable unit when over driven with a power pulley even if brand new or newly rebuilt.
      I'll talk to you soon.
      Sorry to see that your charger is in this condition.

we share the passion!

12. Member
      Vehicles
      11-07-2007 04:35 PM #117
      call me ASAP.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      11-14-2007 03:09 AM #118
      hey everyone... Id just like to thank John at BBM for the "customer satisfaction discount", i got my package back today and even tho he didnt have to, john kicked down the OEM oil seals instead of the oem spec seals that i had ordered, Super stoked!! Thanks John

11-14-2007 04:24 PM #119
      hey everyone... Id just like to thank John at BBM for the "customer satisfaction discount", i got my package back today and even tho he didnt have to, john kicked down the OEM oil seals instead of the oem spec seals that i had ordered, Super stoked!! Thanks John

Very glad that you are happy, thanks again

we share the passion!

Vehicles
      Let's just say I have a few.
      01-18-2008 12:55 PM #120
      Rebuild Services:
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild? Kompressor Kanada
      2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back? Less than 2 weeks
      3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Stage 4
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? not that I remember
      Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship? Oh yeah
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? YES
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? The stage 4 delivers more than I expected it to.
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? Yes, it came with a warranty and thankfully I haven't had a need for it.

Overall Rating:
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.10

16. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 MR2 turbo
      03-26-2008 09:05 PM #121
      just thought i'd post up here.
      i didnt actually get my 'charger "rebuilt" but i bought it off ebay and the PO said it was rebuilt a few hundred miles ago, already had RSR stage IV porting so i had the gt70 porting done as well.

took 3 weeks including shipping time from SE tennessee to his facility in oregon, they took it apart and recommended the tune up and the bearings looked great so i went along with this. got it back and it took me almost a month to break it in properly (500 miles with little to no boost, i only hit 2-3 psi towards the end of the break in once or twice, and i never went over 3k rpms). been almost a thousand miles since i got it back with no issues. shes really quiet and boosts slightly low but im guessing i have a few small boost leaks to chase down. no oil leaks and i will be sending it back in a year for another inspection and probably a tune up and belt.

thanks john! (charger went to BBM by the way)

09-18-2008 02:15 PM #122
      Just dropping a quick note to all of the recent people that have sent us G-Laders for rebuilds, repairs and upgrades.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Thanks again

we share the passion!

Vehicles
      2002 M5, 2002 325Xi Touring, 2001 Jetta, 1995 gsx600
      09-22-2008 04:17 AM #123
      JBETZ I have a couple questions for you regarding a pulley, What would be the best way to contact you? I need help identifying it, it is supposedly a BBM pulley.

09-22-2008 01:41 PM #124
      you can call me at 541.388.1202 or my direct email is betz@bahnbrenner.com
      we share the passion!

20. 09-22-2008 07:32 PM #125
      Quote, originally posted by sabbfan »

Rebuild Services:

1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild? BBM
      2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back? 10 days
      3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc. Standard oem rebuild
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? No

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship? I'm currently in contact with John at BBM. He's made it very clear he stands behind his warranty if needed
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? 10.. they were informative, courteous, and professional
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? Hard to tell staying off boost and under 3k rpm. Still breaking in with almost 200 miles so far.. noticed right away that it's much quieter though.
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not? Yes and no

Overall Rating:
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service. 10

Update 10/27/08 Due to a small oil leak BBM paid for shipping both ways, replaced oil seal free of charge, and had it back to me within days. Thanks John... honoring your warranty along with quick service like that guarantees I'll be back for more!

Modified by Nine2cg60 at 12:12 AM 10-28-2008

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      11-21-2008 09:24 AM #126
      Any thoughts on OEM vs OE spec rebuild (already decided on BBM)? I'm all about keeping originality, but, does it really matter?

12-04-2008 03:49 PM #127
      Quote, originally posted by beckyg60 »
      Any thoughts on OEM vs OE spec rebuild (already decided on BBM)? I'm all about keeping originality, but, does it really matter?

Ok, so the OEM VAG Goetze oil seals are a little tougher, stiffer or better material and better geometry. From what I have seen I believe that they do last longer and they are after all true OEM... so they cost more. Thank you for your business

we share the passion!

23. 03-20-2009 06:36 PM #128
      Quote, originally posted by SaabFan »
      ...Please post in this thread to allow others to know about your experiences, good or bad, with rebuilders you've worked with...

I sent off my KK Stg IV to be inspected to 'da crew at BBM. A place you just feel there is a real sense of teamwork and pride. And I was gladly confirmed of my intuition!

March 19th
      My KK Stg IV arrives at the BBM workshop to have Mark view and diagnose the blower. Not good, displacer has bits missing out of it and the apex was definitely not going well. I guess this is the reason for the 7.5 psi on my gauge? Missing bits was allowing the air to whisp past and then the apex was being spit out in pieces making the displacer useless. I spoke up, "I have the original g-lader from the car, can we use that?" Mark said we would need to know what generation it is and go from there. It was a match! They are going to combine with best parts and upgraded parts into a single unit.

The Mark helped me feel very confident in his knowledge as well as the history BBM carries in the field, not talking over anyone's head and being straight forward to me, courteous and informative.

I know with the attitude and positive communications like this, BBM is the correct choice to have my blower taken! BBM is off to a very, very good start in my book.

24. 04-03-2009 11:38 PM #129
      Rebuild Services: Charger 1 '04
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild?
      KK

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?
      2 1/2 weeks

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc.
      stage 4 plus paint

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?
      no displacer was in perfect condition

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship?
      not very happy as the charger blew an oil seal the first second it hit boost....the paint was nice

2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?sure dave is fun to talk to

3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? no

4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not?
      charger was returned 4 or 5 times each time it blew an oil seal within minutes of it hitting boost dave finally stopped warrantying it and blamed motorteknik for installing the wrong size seal(even though the charger was running great before he touched it)

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.0
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.7

Rebuild Services:
      KK '07

KK(i know slow learner)

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back?
      2-3 weeks

3) What rebuild services did you have performed? Standard rebuild, performance options, paint, etc.
      stage three

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?minor displacer repair

Customer Satisfaction:
      nope charger never developed over 8psi

2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?
      no i was yelled at in an email

3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?
      no charger developed 7-8psi for a month now is down to 6psi

im not sending it back im tired of paying hundreds of dollars in shipping to have my charger come back to me no better off then when i sent it out i will be using BBM for all of my supercharger needs

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.0
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.0

Modified by Clownracer v2 at 11:44 PM 4-3-2009

Vehicles
      Broken Corrado,1.9TD B3 Wagon,MS2 2.0T 82 Jetta,'77 CB750,'82 NC50 Noped(FOR SALE),'71 CT90 Suitcase
      04-23-2009 04:48 PM #130
      Rebuild Services (for both my SUPERchargers actually):
      KK
      n/a- PO did it
      STG4+
      4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs?
      Negatory.

Yep
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service?
      n/a - but I've talked to KK before- guys chill.
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades?
      Vroom vroom 15+ PSI (13 right now because of my slipping belt )
      n/a since Im not the OG.

1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work.
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service.
      n/a

All up in your harble, stealing your internets.
      "Life is like a bad margarita with good tequila, I thought as I poured whiskey onto my granola and faced a new day"
      Grow old or die trying.
      My rocket and My baby...

Vehicles
      1991 Corrado G60
      01-05-2010 03:25 PM #131
      Rebuild Services:
      1) HSM
      2) about 2 weeks
      3) It was rebuilt and porting
      4) Standard wear items

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) It was okay. You can see it was a rush job.
      2) Customer service was horrible he only answered sales calls. If you had a charger there or wanted post-sale support... Good luck!
      3) Close to the same. Replaced the silencer and I think that helped more.
      4) It had a 6 month warranty, but started to make a funny noise right around 4 months. He said it wasn't a problem, but the noise got a lot louder after the warranty was up...

Overall Rating:
      1) Quality of work: 3
      2) Quality of customer service: 1

27. 05-02-2010 09:05 AM #132
      Rebuild services:
      1) top-gear-center (account name on ebay)
      2) I have bought a charger + rebuild kit, they made rebuild extra for nothing
      3) I have waited 4 hours for rebuild
      4) Was made the full rebuild, bearings, apex strips, seals, timing belt, the tuning grease.
      5) Parts were very high quality and I don't made any additional repairs after rebuild, there are normal VW parts, like were installed in original superchargers in Europe.

Customer satisfaction:
      1) I am very happy, awesome quality and low price (the half price than in Czech Republic)
      2) yes, happy too, nice people
      3) The power trong uprised after the 100 km, and still on the same level
      4) yes, was warranty, but I won't return nothing, everything is perfect! The rebuild was made in 2009, and will made the next rebuild here too

Overall Rating:
      1) 10
      2) 10

Modified by TER-CZECH at 6:07 AM 5-2-2010

07-22-2010 01:16 PM #133
      Thanks again to all of you people for your business and support in the G60 department, we appreciate it!
      we share the passion!

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      08-11-2010 09:02 PM #134
      got mine rebuilt in February..... Just finally got it on there.

Rebuild Services:
      1) Who did you send your charger to for a rebuild? Kompressor Kanada
      think about a week or 2, went from stock to stage 4 and got it polished
      complete rebuild with german parts, porting of flow chamber, polished fins, Polished knife edged outlet fins, buffed internal casing and polished flow chamber
      got new apex strips included, charger was pretty worn out, had some gouges in the casing, but he smoothed them out

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship? yes
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service? yes
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (i.e. boost level) as a result of the rebuild, or as a result of the performance upgrades? having troubles with a leak, which i got before putting the new charger on
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty? If so, have you had to return the charger for warranty work? If not, why not? yes, no

Overall Rating:
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service. 10

a pic of the difference. stage 4 on left and regular on right

Vehicles
      1985 Golf GL with a 2.0l 16v, 1990 Corrado G60, 2011 Jetta SE
      04-11-2012 12:15 PM #135
      Rebuild Services:

1) Bahn Brenner has done my last three Glader rebuilds

2) It was a 2-3 week turnaround on each occassion

3) One of my gladers is a genuine TEC 2RS twin belt which BBM has rebuilt for me twice during its life span. I've also had them rebuild my spare Glader which is fully stock.
      On the TEC 2RS, I had them convert the drive belts to a single wide 19mm belt. They thoroughly clean the case and internal components and provide detailed instructions on break-in.
      In addition, on my very first rebuild, due to my own error, I crushed the steel braided lower oil feed line to the Glader and they gave me a replacement.

4) Neither of my Gladers required repair services during the rebuild

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) I'm very happy with their customer service, communication, and advice

3) Performance was maintained at the same levels.

4) My rebuild came with the BBM standard warranty

Overall Rating:
      1) Quality of work - 10
      2) Customer service was 10
      1985 MKII Golf GL with 2.0l 16v
      1990 Corrado G60 TEC 2RS
      2011 MKVI Jetta SE
      corradog60project.blogspot.com
      mkiigolfproject.blogspot.com

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 97 Triple White New Beetle 2.5 6SP Auto (JUA)
      04-20-2012 04:11 PM #136
      I lost my TEC GT-1 due to neglect. Got busy in life and oil soaked my $8 belt. Pulling into the Del Taco drive thru at 2 mph wasn't how I expected it was going to happen.

Rebuild Services:
      (2005) New Dimensions who secretly sent it to BBM for my 1st rebuild on a TEC GT-1. . They've done a total of 3 rebuilds on my G-Ladders since.

2) What was the turnaround time? i.e., how many days from when you sent it out did you get it back? It took about three weeks to get from ND to BBM and back to me in CA.

3) What rebuild services did you have performed?
      Standard rebuild back to spec for the GT-1.

4) Were any repairs needed at the time of rebuild, such as apex strip groove repairs? Yes, the bearings were noisy on cold start up. ND had unknowingly removed all the wax like coating that covered the larger inlet TEC welded to the charger. BBM restored the finish and rebuilt GT-1 back to TEC spec's. After pressing ND they came clean on what occurred and said only they did not have the resources to rebuild it.

After calling BBM to see what occurred they were ultra discreet until they knew ND had informed me of what had happened. They commended ND for asking for a hand and said I was well taken care of and had nothing bad to say about ND. Professional all the way around.

Customer Satisfaction:
      1) In General, are you happy with the quality of materials/workmanship (Extremely).
      2) Are you happy with the rebuilder's customer service (Extremely).
      3) Was there an improvement in charger performance (It was back to the Orig GT-1 output).
      4) Did the rebuild come with a warranty (Yes, never had to use BBM's warranty).

Overall Rating:
      1) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of work. TEN
      2) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate the quality of customer service. TEN

BBM rebuilt the TEC GT-1 twice since it was purchased new in Sept 2002. My oe G-Ladder went for almost 12 years in unmodified form. Boosting these things increases service intervals 50 to 75%. All my chargers get pulled pulled through the gears consistantly between 5-6K on shifts. They not baby'd, but not punished either.

Since I'm realistic with the G-Ladder limits I opted for another one like the TEC GT-1. BBM stands behind their stuff. They're consistently coming up with new technology to keep the G60 Corrado alive and specialize in improvements that increase performance and reliability. Here's some pics of the TEC GT-1 and a BBM VWMS w/ a full monty work over. It wont go in the car until I finish restoring the Passat moonroof conversion and replacing the fuel system with - AN type fittings and s/s braided hose. I had the G-Ladder powder coated in a chrome like finish to keep it cleaner.

Notice the machine work on the outlet fins.

TEC cut and then welded an aluminum inlet tube on their GT-1 conversion. This TEC GT-1 is dead and has a hole punched through the case. (below)

BBM ported and machined theirs to the limit of 70mm.
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

Vehicles
      '00 TT,'92PassatG60 Syncro,'90 G60Corrado,'89 Cabriolet,'86 Jetta Coupe,'81 Rabbit,'74&'69Westfalia
      10-02-2012 05:16 PM #137
      I KK still around and doing chargers?
      BSc.N, EMS/FIRE

10-08-2012 06:32 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by sprocket007 View Post
      I KK still around and doing chargers?
      I do not believe he is around as KK chargers have been coming here on a regular basis.
      we share the passion!

10-09-2012 09:13 PM #139
      We have a mega sale going on right now for this.....!
      Thanks to all for your business and support

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...FREE-SHIPPING!
      we share the passion!

35. 12-19-2012 10:41 PM #140
      How long is the sale on for? You'll rebuild with a widebelt and porting right? Is an aftermarket pulley okay in place of the 78mm?

JW because if my car gets running right the next thing to go will be my charger...
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness View Post
      Paint, charcoal and crayons don't cause holes and deteriorate metal you effing nancy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast