VWVortex.com - Well boys and girls........RS3 Time!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 433

    Thread: Well boys and girls........RS3 Time!

    1. 07-13-2016 08:20 PM #1
      I am going to be getting one as soon as it hits our shores. It will be a long wait but with the aluminum engine and hopefully, but doubtful, more aggressive flared fender all the way around and not just in the front it should look sweet.

      http://blog.caranddriver.com/and-hea...hred-the-ring/

    2. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2012
      Location
      415|California
      Posts
      56
      Vehicles
      B5.S4|MK6.R|RS3?(!)
      07-13-2016 09:17 PM #2

    3. Member 27turbocars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2016
      Posts
      388
      Vehicles
      16' S3 APR Stage II, 13' A6 S/C APR Stage I, Forester XT with goodies
      07-14-2016 12:17 AM #3
      It suppose to be a heck of a car, kind of like the S3 but with even better hardware (engine, brakes, transmission, AWD system). I wonder how much would it cost, I am guessing a solid $55k plus mark ups. Typical first year of a car hitting the markets there are not much discounts.

      Soon AMS will have a garrett based OEM location turbo that could bring the S3 power into the 450-500hp. Time will tell, it is a year and a half until we see it. I personally like the compact size of the A3 MQB paltform, now add the 5cyl and you have a winner.
      I have been registered and active on this forum since Nov 2005. Recently got my account breached and couldn't resolve my password.
      My previous username prior to this was 1998GTIVR6.

    4. 07-14-2016 04:46 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by crackkills View Post
      I am going to be getting one as soon as it hits our shores. It will be a long wait but with the aluminum engine and hopefully, but doubtful, more aggressive flared fender all the way around and not just in the front it should look sweet.

      http://blog.caranddriver.com/and-hea...hred-the-ring/
      If you have a deposit down (I do) make sure your dealer puts in writing the deal will be done at MSRP or better including ACNA if applicable, and that you have at your sole discretion first available car or first configurable car if the first avail launch model or whatever is not configurable to your liking. Basically you'll get the car you want as soon as possible as cheaply as possible.

    5. 07-14-2016 11:33 PM #5
      She sounds pretty.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    6. 07-15-2016 02:16 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by primolak View Post
      She sounds pretty.
      Looks good too. Fender flares look more aggressive on the black mule than the red one in the leaked photos.

    7. Member b-R-ad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2012
      Posts
      606
      Vehicles
      2016 GW Audi S3
      07-15-2016 08:44 PM #7
      That sure sounds tasty.
      Last edited by b-R-ad; 07-15-2016 at 10:50 PM.

    8. 07-17-2016 10:03 AM #8
      Damn that sounds great! Anyone know when on sale date is?

    9. 07-18-2016 10:29 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Damn that sounds great! Anyone know when on sale date is?
      Supposed to be August 2017 but who knows, the S3 slipped quite a bit when it was launched if memory serves.

    10. Member VR6Nikopol's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 11th, 2001
      Location
      Aylmer, Québec
      Posts
      1,218
      Vehicles
      MK5 R32
      07-20-2016 12:27 PM #10
      Hopefully it comes to Canada as well. Started to shop for an S5 this summer but there's something about it which holds me off. It's in the details I guess. I can't see myself in a 4 cylinder not matter how I try to convince myself.

      Let's hope !

    11. 07-20-2016 06:03 PM #11
      New S5 here in less than 12 months...

    12. 07-20-2016 07:44 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by BEM10001 View Post
      New S5 here in less than 12 months...
      Had a RS5. Looked great from the front and rear and at angular views of the side from the front or back but once you look at it directly from the side, it is just too long looking and loses a bit of the sporty-ness. You can really tell it is a four door pretending to be a two door.

      The RS5 engine is amazing. Just not amazing in a 4100lb car.

    13. Member ctAL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2013
      Location
      connecticut
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 Prestige
      07-21-2016 11:04 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by BEM10001 View Post
      If you have a deposit down (I do) make sure your dealer puts in writing the deal will be done at MSRP or better including ACNA if applicable, and that you have at your sole discretion first available car or first configurable car if the first avail launch model or whatever is not configurable to your liking. Basically you'll get the car you want as soon as possible as cheaply as possible.
      Are you serious?!?


      If it is going to be $55-60k, count me in.
      Last edited by ctAL; 07-21-2016 at 11:06 PM.
      ACNA

    14. 07-22-2016 09:46 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
      Are you serious?!?


      If it is going to be $55-60k, count me in.
      Yep, put a deposit down 8 months ago now, receipt is sitting on my desk

      It's going to be in your price range, maybe a bit better. Just based on PUBLIC information and doing some quick comps, the M2 is under $60K fully loaded. The S3 fully loaded is what, $53K? I strongly suspect the RS3 will start just shy of that, $52,500 would be a safe bet. $10K premium to base S3, just a bit ahead of M2. Real world pricing, assuming ACNA discount, is likely to be better than the M2 which are still fetching premiums. Another data point, typically (at least as long as I can remember), S version of 3 is roughly equal to base version of TT. So S3 is within $1K of the TT, RS3 at $52.5K is exactly what the TTS is.

      Another thing to consider, 2 years later the BMW 2-Series will come in GC format. If I know this, Audi does. GCs are priced in line with their coupes. M2 GC should be RWD only, but 240 xDrive GC will be AWD optional. That car will be low $50s nicely equipped. Is the RS3 a better car than a 240GC? Tough for me to say, I honestly don't know. I drove the current RS3 in Sweden and have an M235 now. Is the RS3 worth $15K more? That's a definite no. That strengthens my feelings on pricing, again all based on PUBLIC information.
      Last edited by BEM10001; 07-22-2016 at 09:52 AM.

    15. Member ctAL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2013
      Location
      connecticut
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 Prestige
      07-22-2016 10:39 PM #15
      damn bro, good info.....................my car only has 10k miles right now i might hold off on mods for now and miles.....


      ****
      ACNA

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Posts
      131
      Vehicles
      2016 Cayman GT4
      07-22-2016 11:57 PM #16
      I just have a feeling that BMW will release the M2CSL when the RS3 is out.

    17. Member ctAL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2013
      Location
      connecticut
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 Prestige
      07-24-2016 11:51 PM #17
      ACNA

    18. 07-25-2016 09:23 AM #18
      That is NOT going to be an easy car to get, and I am not holding my breath that it does materialize. At least the RS3 we are 100% certain it's coming here.

    19. Member Converted2VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      1,893
      Vehicles
      2016 S3, 2001 TT Roadster 225
      07-31-2016 06:17 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
      Mother of sweet baby Jezuz!
      - Luis
      IG: toplessTT
      VW CC Iron Gray Club Member #1

    20. 07-31-2016 03:46 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
      If you are into chasing down little nagging issues and clinching your ass so tight each time that you could turn charcoal into diamonds out of fear of blowing up and engine, it is the right solution.

      Nothing beats factory HP and despite how big of a melon you add to the exhaust manifold, a four cylinder sounds like poop. Even ours. Sounds less like poop than other four bangers but it is still a four banger and four banger sound.

      Love how the soundaktor tried so make the car sound like a five banger. It was the first thing I did to my car after I got it. I disconnected mine before I took it off the dealership. The salesman was puzzled as to why I was pulling the weather stripping off and accessing it.

    21. Member franklinplanner's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2003
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      191
      Vehicles
      2009 Nissan GT-R 2015 VW Golf R
      08-01-2016 11:52 AM #21
      I am new to Audi - have been buying R32's and R's.

      I know no definite info is available yet but what are the chances we can order a car with a matte color?

      Thanks.

    22. 08-01-2016 01:41 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by franklinplanner View Post
      I am new to Audi - have been buying R32's and R's.

      I know no definite info is available yet but what are the chances we can order a car with a matte color?

      Thanks.
      Audi allows you for $2,500 to order any color you like. Remember, money is the answer. What is the question again?

    23. 08-02-2016 09:45 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by crackkills View Post
      Audi allows you for $2,500 to order any color you like. Remember, money is the answer. What is the question again?
      Money is always the answer... another route if you were planning to install Xpel, they make a satin film so you get the benefits of the self healing paint protection film and the flat look you are after.

      http://www.xpel.com/xpel-stealth-film/

    24. Member franklinplanner's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 13th, 2003
      Location
      Central NY
      Posts
      191
      Vehicles
      2009 Nissan GT-R 2015 VW Golf R
      08-02-2016 10:56 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by crackkills View Post
      Audi allows you for $2,500 to order any color you like. Remember, money is the answer. What is the question again?
      Quote Originally Posted by BEM10001 View Post
      Money is always the answer... another route if you were planning to install Xpel, they make a satin film so you get the benefits of the self healing paint protection film and the flat look you are after.

      http://www.xpel.com/xpel-stealth-film/
      Thanks for the info.

      It was somewhat difficult to get a VW allocation for an R because my local dealers are small.

      Can you tell me how hard it is for an Audi dealer to get an allocation for an RS3? Do they work the same as a low production number VW?

      Just trying to get an idea of how this is going to go.

    25. 08-04-2016 01:36 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by franklinplanner View Post
      Thanks for the info.

      It was somewhat difficult to get a VW allocation for an R because my local dealers are small.

      Can you tell me how hard it is for an Audi dealer to get an allocation for an RS3? Do they work the same as a low production number VW?

      Just trying to get an idea of how this is going to go.
      Imagine it would be quite a bit worse than the Golf R, for instance, but tough to say for sure. We are still 12 months out. Best bet - get yourself on a list at the closest large dealer in a bigger city and hope for the best.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •