Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack on iphone 7

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      04-19-2017 12:14 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      Which pair did you go with? I researched quite a bit and would have liked complete wireless buds, but tech-wise we are currently not there yet. So I fell on these Taotronics and very pleased with hoe they sound for the price. I did order some Comply foam tips made for the pair; so they ended up costing a bit more for the complete seal and fitment I am looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...oth+headphones

Also I am incredibly disappointed at myself. Dropped my phone yesterday. Twice. The flimsy 2mm thick clear case came right off during the first fall. Then I dropped it again while picking it up and nicked it all around the body.. facking derp
      Right now I'm using Bose SoundSport earbuds and occasionally borrow the wife's QC35s. I know it's sacrilegious to bring up Bose to Audiophiles but I'm happy with them and any sort of audio playback on my phone is compressed files anyways. The BT range is good, not great. I don't have range issues when on the same floor but being on separate floors pushes the range limit. I was thinking of getting the Jaybirds but their price was close to the Bose pair so I went with them since they've been established longer, should i need warranty support etc.

I had purchased a few other cheaper model earbuds but most of them had horrible range. You needed to have the phone in your pocket to stay within range.

2. 04-19-2017 07:51 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      Right now I'm using Bose SoundSport earbuds and occasionally borrow the wife's QC35s. I know it's sacrilegious to bring up Bose to Audiophiles but I'm happy with them and any sort of audio playback on my phone is compressed files anyways. The BT range is good, not great. I don't have range issues when on the same floor but being on separate floors pushes the range limit. I was thinking of getting the Jaybirds but their price was close to the Bose pair so I went with them since they've been established longer, should i need warranty support etc.

I had purchased a few other cheaper model earbuds but most of them had horrible range. You needed to have the phone in your pocket to stay within range.
      Couldn't go wrong with the Bose or Jay's. The latter caught my eye and I am in trial mode to try out a few more. Bluetooth 5.0 is out so I'm watching for how headphone manufacturers are shifting their products towards a better connectivity. Mine are just Ok in those regards.
      Leave it to the internet to drop a chair on your back, when you've merely stubbed your toe on it.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      04-19-2017 10:01 PM #153
      I use a pair of non soundsport buds, the normal ones. I will say that they are the ONLY earbuds I've ever worn that don't hurt my ears after prolonged use. They are super comfortable. Sound wise I've used better but if earbuds start to hurt after a while your probably not going to be wearing them very long.

Bose earbuds 10/10 comfort and ergonomics. I'll give them that.
      Like I told my last wife, I says, Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes.

4. 04-21-2017 09:55 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I use a pair of non soundsport buds, the normal ones. I will say that they are the ONLY earbuds I've ever worn that don't hurt my ears after prolonged use. They are super comfortable. Sound wise I've used better but if earbuds start to hurt after a while your probably not going to be wearing them very long.

Bose earbuds 10/10 comfort and ergonomics. I'll give them that.

Haven't tried them out yet.

In other news-- I was looking for info on who will manufacture Apple's new touch screen home button: come to find out they will be moving it to the back like all other android big guns. Lol.. Apple's innovating days are done!
      Leave it to the internet to drop a chair on your back, when you've merely stubbed your toe on it.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      04-21-2017 10:27 AM #155

In other news-- I was looking for info on who will manufacture Apple's new touch screen home button: come to find out they will be moving it to the back like all other android big guns. Lol.. Apple's innovating days are done!
      I'm a total Apple fanboy, and will probably always have their products, but it's a fact that the current crew running the show are not innovators. They are focused only on sales and finances. True Apple innovation died with Steve Jobs.

6. 04-21-2017 01:09 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I'm a total Apple fanboy, and will probably always have their products, but it's a fact that the current crew running the show are not innovators. They are focused only on sales and finances. True Apple innovation died with Steve Jobs.
      I still prefer the 5SE over many new smartphones today. It does what many smartphones cannot provide in real world usage. Take your smartphone out for a day in the city. No external chargers, batts, or wallet and bulky cases. Run about and use the MTA and sight see. Take calls, switch over to the camera, then go back to texting-- all within the palm of your hand navigating through GPS. It is damn near impossible with the new stuff. Mobility in those regards are phenomenal with the 5S/SE.

I gravitate towards LG and Sony but I don't care about branding or being a fanboy. I really had my hopes up for the 10th anniversary Iphone however Apple simply can no longer compete... and just think of the price tag they'll slap on..

7. 04-28-2017 09:41 AM #157

For the life of me, I could not find who's manufacturing the screens/home buttons. There were rumours of it being either Toshiba or Sharp and I was hoping to throw down on a few shares.

And now today, I found engineers schematics with no home button on the back. And vertical camera setup.. ew. Maybe the apple logo on the back is the home button.

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      04-28-2017 01:13 PM #158
      For the life of me, I could not find who's manufacturing the screens/home buttons. There were rumours of it being either Toshiba or Sharp and I was hoping to throw down on a few shares.

And now today, I found engineers schematics with no home button on the back. And vertical camera setup.. ew. Maybe the apple logo on the back is the home button.

I think this would be the best for aesthetics.

9. Yesterday 09:05 PM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      I think this would be the best for aesthetics.
      That is just something I thought of. I did not read or get hints of that anywhere and highly doubt apple is going that route. Their original plan was to add an on-screen fingerprint scanner which would register your print through the display. The most recent news was they had a hiccup in that plan and had to suffice through a backup plan. Samsung was unable to pull this off with the s8 as well and Incorporated the eye scanner.

Speaking of which-- I got some hands on time with the s8/+, LG G6, and Crackberry KEYone just now. Figured I would share my opinion while it is still fresh starting with the larger S8. By far the most beautiful phone I've seen and it is immersive! Placed next to the iPhone 7 and it was downright sad. Apple is really stealing your money with that one. Anyways, that eye scanner is fast. By the time my friend lifts his hand up to face level, it is unlocked. The note 7 was not that good. Another thing I noticed about the Samsung is the camera interface and how thoughtless the implementation. There were large areas of black foundation where functions keys and modes could have been much more well placed.

The G6 is by far the most ergonomic phone. It just works very well. Holding it felt very assuring and the screen is by far the best I've found in any LG phone prior to it. It didn't look or feel as big as when watching reviews on it. I'm just disappointed there wasn't a speaker added to the earpiece. If I had to make a smart decision for an all around smartphone for media content and one handed capabilities, this would be it for a large screen smartphone. Until Samsung comes out with a decent screen replacement program, the LG wins over it.

And now for the KeyOne: it is unlike anything out there. The keyboard, omg that keyboard is a tool I really need. But is it worth it to sacrifice screen real-estate? That was something I wondered till today and my god yes yes yes! The programmable keys. That light clickity clacking of typing on it. The rounded edge and one-handability. The ability to pretty much access all contents of the screen without ever touching it. The screen is legit and a very good size. The same pixel camera lens. That metallic build and weight: It is a premium phone. There is a learning curve and I liked that aspect of the hardware which is intertwined with the recognizable Android N-- the split screen somehow worked well with the 4.5inch screen.

There is just too much to list about the blackberry and I am very impressed by TCL. I've quickly learned how abusive I can be with my smartphone with my most recent endeavors. I promised myself I don't need another phone but come may 31st, I don't think I could keep that promise. Plus it's coming out on my birthday month... C'mon now, Crackberry!

For advertising information click HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567