VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi TT Quattro 225 Haldex Issue

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225QC, 2001 Passat Wagon 1.8T
      03-20-2017 09:20 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Christian_02_225 View Post
      I have no idea if anyone is actually going to see this post since it is so old but I finally bought a vag scanner and was shocked to see what came up when I scanned the AWD module. There was a total if 2 codes, The first one was 00526 Brake Light Switch-F sporadic: Implausible signal, the other one was 01155 Clutch sporadic: Mechanical fault, but when I cleared the codes, the 01155 didn't come back but the brake light switch code did. I recently replaced the sensor back last summer because my brake lights and cruise weren't working. The brake lights and cruise control work right now and I really don't know why it is throwing a code if it is working. I feel really stupid for not scanning my car before AS YOU GUYS TOLD ME lol. Tell me what you guys think, and look at my other thread on Cool things to do with Vag Com. Thanks
      Many of our cars occasionally throw the brake light switch code even when everything is working correctly. It shouldn't affect the operation of anything negatively.

2. Junior Member Christian_02_225's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT Quattro 225
      03-20-2017 09:30 AM #52
      Hmmmmm, well then why do you think that it would throw a code under the AWD module? I did the self-test and I could hear it faintly engaging every time it would cycle so I guess it is mechanically in order. I heard that these particular brake light switches were very bad and always failed.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225QC, 2001 Passat Wagon 1.8T
      03-20-2017 04:00 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Christian_02_225 View Post
      Hmmmmm, well then why do you think that it would throw a code under the AWD module? I did the self-test and I could hear it faintly engaging every time it would cycle so I guess it is mechanically in order. I heard that these particular brake light switches were very bad and always failed.
      Those brake switches are unreliable as all get out. I replaced mine twice in three years of ownership of my car.

The only thing the AWD test can do for you is confirm if your precharge pump is working. I always felt it was a generally unreliable way of testing the functionality of the Haldex as a whole.

The software won't really tell you what is and isn't working unless you unbolt the controller from the car, in which case you will be able to hear a very audible whining noise from the stepper motor inside if it's functioning correctly. That requires you to completely empty and refill the coupling though and requires a replacement crush gasket for the controller when you bolt it back on.

I previously had an intermittent mechanical fault and the issue ended up being the controller itself. The module can throw codes but some codes can have multiple causes. The troubleshooting continues!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      02 225q
      03-20-2017 06:56 PM #54
      Couple of things here. First, order the crush gasket from ECS or your local dealer. The dealer will tell you that there is no gasket as their screens don't show it but if you give them the part # which you can find online they can get it for you.
      Second, my controller also failed. After replacing it with a good used one I took the old one apart and found the stepper motor to be stuck, after twisting on the gear with a pair of pliers it freed up and if reassembled should function again. They say that these controllers almost never fail, I think they do but it seems like just the stepper motor gets jammed. If your controller is acting up order the gasket and fluid and remove it, open it and see if the stepper motor wants to turn with your fingers. You might be able to just push on the rod in the opening to get it to free up without opening the controller and have yourself a cheap fix.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123