VWVortex.com - Your gear is bland.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Your gear is bland.

1. n00b
      09-21-2016 10:28 AM #1
      I imagine an unwashed scraggly homeless man wearing one of your articles of clothing that he got from a salvation army after it was donated from someone who never wore it that received it as a birthday gift from a mediocre girlfriend who thought it would be neat because he uses the vwvortex.com.

I hate to be blunt, but wearing one of these shirts would make me feel like an employee forced wear a company billboard and would compare to an amazon.com or ebay.com shirt. It also seems as if it's a wanna-be classic Technics shirt without having the history of the iconic 1200 turntable that made the simple design so cool. Maybe you should invest some money in creating a line of products people may want to buy. Dubkorps would be the place to start to overhaul your line.

Overall, I would maybe use a t-shirt to dry my dipstick when I'm checking the oil in my ride. You wanted feedback, there you go.
      Last edited by Drop_City; 09-21-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      09-24-2016 06:40 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Drop_City View Post
      I imagine an unwashed scraggly homeless man wearing one of your articles of clothing that he got from a salvation army after it was donated from someone who never wore it that received it as a birthday gift from a mediocre girlfriend who thought it would be neat because he uses the vwvortex.com.

I hate to be blunt, but wearing one of these shirts would make me feel like an employee forced wear a company billboard and would compare to an amazon.com or ebay.com shirt. It also seems as if it's a wanna-be classic Technics shirt without having the history of the iconic 1200 turntable that made the simple design so cool. Maybe you should invest some money in creating a line of products people may want to buy. Dubkorps would be the place to start to overhaul your line.

Overall, I would maybe use a t-shirt to dry my dipstick when I'm checking the oil in my ride. You wanted feedback, there you go.

Harsh but agreed. White logos on black apparel would help. I'd explore other made to order and print store options with better merchandise. The old man baseball hat blows and I'm an old man saying that. Also, the rest of the merchandise isn't much better.

Here's a list of some other options, I've had good experiences with both Cafepress and zazzle.
      http://smallbiztrends.com/2015/10/19...ch-amazon.html

You've got a bunch of graphic designers and art directors on here as users along with some great advertisers whose shops they spend money at. You might consider picking a shop with better merchandise and doing some type of advertiser sponsored contest giveaway to your user base. Let people know the service you're using then have them design like five items of their choice for each entry and let the forums decide the winners. You'd end up with a much cooler selection of 25 items people might actually buy.
      Last edited by ceese; 09-24-2016 at 06:47 PM.
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

Vehicles
      '16 Golf R
      09-25-2016 07:28 PM #3
      I was thinking it would be nice to have a golf or Tshirt with a small logo on the sleeve. Nothing too flashy and embroidered.

I know it is hard to start off with a store and not have any feedback or suggestions, but the options given need a little tweaking.
      Previous: '15 MINI JCW | '13 MINI JCW | '11 BMW 528xi | '11 BMW Z4 35i | '11 BMW 335xi sedan | '10 MINI Convertible | '09 BMW 335xi coupe | '09 BMW 135i | '07 MINI Cooper S | '06 BMW Z4 3.0si | '02 Toyota Celica GTS | '01 VW Beetle Turbo | '00 VW Jetta VR6

4. Not your buddy, guy...
      09-28-2016 04:02 PM #4
      Thank you for your feedback I will report back your wishes

~ glenda

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Lapiz Blue R Base Manual, 2011 Victory XRoads
      09-29-2016 12:44 AM #5
      Maybe not as harsh, but my sentiments as well. Nothing on the site is interesting. How about a logo made up of/inspired by the various brands/models on the forums?

For advertising information click HERE