VWVortex.com - Alltrack Factory Order Wait Time
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alltrack Factory Order Wait Time

1. 11-26-2016 10:56 AM #1
      I placed my oder a month ago at Princeton VW and while I did check in with them this morning, I still have no VIN and am being told it could still be two to three months before I take delivery. I have ordered an SEL Night Blue/Marrakesh Brown with DALP. A nationwide search on Cars.com indeed shows only one in El Paso. I really do want the color combo but that wait is making me question just how much I want the color combo.

Are others hearing similar wait times on factory orders? Do others already have a VIN?

Thanks all for your help and input!

Vehicles
      '16 Golf R
      11-26-2016 11:11 AM #2
      Three to four months isn't a bad wait - I waited six for my R. I didn't have a VIN or COMM number until a couple weeks before my car arrived either. As for whether or not you should wait for the colour combo, that's up to you. I'd probably regret it if I compromised and changed, personally.
      '16 Volkswagen Golf R | 6-speed | Oryx White | Titan Black Leather | Tech Package

3. 11-26-2016 01:25 PM #3
      I spoke to my local dealer and they said the same thing. An order today, means a Late January, early February delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ebenkeA6; 11-26-2016 at 01:30 PM.

4. 11-26-2016 03:37 PM #4
      Remember, I wanted the same exact car a while back. In October, they told me March to get the car. Instead, I bargained them down on the same car but with grey exterior.

There were two dark blue with brown interior SEL's in the US but they didn't have DALP. If there's the exact one you want in ElPaso, then get it. No reason why they can't do a dealer trade or you could just get it from the dealer yourself.

5. 11-26-2016 03:40 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
      Remember, I wanted the same exact car a while back. In October, they told me March to get the car. Instead, I bargained them down on the same car but with grey exterior.
      They grey with Marrakesch is a great color combo. I built one up on VW.com, I really liked that look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. 11-26-2016 04:21 PM #6
      While not for an Alltrack, my dealer put in an order for a Sportwagen SEL Night Blue over Quartz Grey (wish we could get Marrakesh Brown!) with the Driver's Assistance/ Lighting package back in July. I was recently told January would be the earliest I'd see it. So they must be churning out regular S and SE models, only a few SELs, and not very many at all with the option package (they *are* by order only). They probably want to make sure dealers have stock for less picky people - especially with the Alltrack, as it is all new. It is annoying, but I'm using it as a good excuse to acquire some nifty accessories so I'll be ready when it finally does arrive.

7. 11-27-2016 12:11 AM #7
      VW should really get with the program when it comes to ordering cars. It makes no sense why the other VAG companies can do it much faster and more information. The current system just takes potential customers and makes them go elsewhere. This just happened to a friend of mine that bought a WRX STI even though he wanted a Golf R. It's that the dealers were too vague or just didn't really want to order a car. The Subaru dealer was helpful, he got all the info he wanted and within 4 weeks he had exactly what he asked for.

Mini has the best ordering system for such a reasonable car. You can cherry pick whatever options you want and 6 weeks later you have a car. My neighbor just did this.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Alltrack Platinum Gray
      11-27-2016 08:28 AM #8
      Ordered mine on August 22....taking delivery of it November 29! About time ! So long because I didnt want the DAP.

9. 11-27-2016 10:21 AM #9
      Good to hear that the timeline is pretty par for the course. Definitely frustrating to wait so long but I feel like I will be disappointed if I lose my patience. Most annoying though is that there is a Night Blue/Marrakesh SEL on Long Island but without DALP! UGH!

Thanks so much everyone for your help and input!

10. 11-27-2016 11:01 AM #10
      VW should really get with the program when it comes to ordering cars. It makes no sense why the other VAG companies can do it much faster and more information. The current system just takes potential customers and makes them go elsewhere. This just happened to a friend of mine that bought a WRX STI even though he wanted a Golf R. It's that the dealers were too vague or just didn't really want to order a car. The Subaru dealer was helpful, he got all the info he wanted and within 4 weeks he had exactly what he asked for.

Mini has the best ordering system for such a reasonable car. You can cherry pick whatever options you want and 6 weeks later you have a car. My neighbor just did this.
      This. 100% this. Not sure why they do it the way they do. I don't mind waiting, but at the very least communication could be much more clear.

11. 11-27-2016 11:24 AM #11
      This. 100% this. Not sure why they do it the way they do. I don't mind waiting, but at the very least communication could be much more clear.
      To add to that. If there were at least 10 Alltracks at every dealer, there would be a variety for people to pick off the lot or at least get an idea of what they want. If you are going to try to keep people from ordering them, then have a much larger variety for people to choose from.

Then mjsonne and I were after the same exact Alltrack and there were none available. At this point, I have been driving around in mine for a month adding everything from a hitch, crossbars, snows, mudflaps etc. I have over 100K on it too. If the March date is indeed correct, I'll be enjoying my Alltrack for 4-5 months. It just literally came down to that I had to give in on something. I really could care less about the color but my wife wanted dark blue. It came down to, waiting until March or just giving in on the color. In reality, it shouldn't be that way because VWoA is advertising the dark blue/brown SEL with park assist yet they don't tell you the lead time on it and nobody can give you a concrete date. It's like, "Yep, we got these cars but if you want it your way, it's a crapshoot if it's in stock."

At the end of the day I look at it like this. I spend most of my time on the inside of my car. The outside is for posting pics on the forums. We got the color interior we wanted and the SEL with the one option you can get. We don't regret it.

I am wondering if VW is running this vehicle and the new Tiguan on the same assembly line. Since the Tiguan will sell much better, I wonder if they are just limiting the amount of line time to the Golf thus the reason why the Sportwagen/Alltrack is just trickling in. I know that the dealers are chomping at the bit for the new Tiguan and Atlas.

12. 11-27-2016 11:36 AM #12
      If there's the exact one you want in ElPaso, then get it. No reason why they can't do a dealer trade or you could just get it from the dealer yourself.
      I notified my dealer about the one in El Paso but he seemed to suggest that doing a trade from NJ to TX would be cost prohibitive for them. Does that sound normal to you? Should I be trying other local dealers to see if they will accommodate the trade? My understanding was that dealers only want to trade within their region. Please excuse my naiveté.

Vehicles
      Sportwagen4M 17 - A4 CVT 02 - A4 Q 11 - 323GTX 88
      11-27-2016 12:07 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by mjsonne View Post
      I notified my dealer about the one in El Paso but he seemed to suggest that doing a trade from NJ to TX would be cost prohibitive for them. Does that sound normal to you? Should I be trying other local dealers to see if they will accommodate the trade? My understanding was that dealers only want to trade within their region. Please excuse my naiveté.
      To transport a car via a truck/trailer would be about a grand from TX to NJ. For someone to drive it would be less, but consider a flight, fuel, per diem and hotel for at least one night.

Head down to the dealer and make a road trip out of it. I hear Texas is nice this time of year!

It will be a great time, we just went to Virginia last weekend and drove the car back to Michigan. Enjoyable ride getting to know your new car. Take backroads, break in the engine, all good stuff!
      signature series

14. 11-27-2016 02:59 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by logicallychallenged View Post
      To transport a car via a truck/trailer would be about a grand from TX to NJ. For someone to drive it would be less, but consider a flight, fuel, per diem and hotel for at least one night.

Head down to the dealer and make a road trip out of it. I hear Texas is nice this time of year!

It will be a great time, we just went to Virginia last weekend and drove the car back to Michigan. Enjoyable ride getting to know your new car. Take backroads, break in the engine, all good stuff!
      Not a bad idea! The El Paso dealership is closed today so will call tomorrow morning and get more info.

15. 11-27-2016 06:12 PM #15
      Just buy it from the dealer in El Paso. Either fly down and pick it up or have it shipped (i.e. UShip). Whatever dealer you are talking to is full of it. People buy cars from all over the country and have been doing it as long as I have been alive. If it was in Hawaii or Alaska, I could understand. A while back I flew to Columbus, Ohio to pick up a Tesla and delivered it to Albany, NY. After that, I flew to Denver and picked up an Alfa 4C and delivered it to Hartford, CT. It's done all of the time by many.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Alltrack SEL
      11-28-2016 01:14 PM #16
      Like others I was told 2-3 months wait time but the car showed up in 4 weeks. The dealer said that the variability in wait time is based on the colors/options ordered and the colors/options coming off the assembly line and the set of other pending orders. Mine was Silk Blue/Marrakesh, other customers from the same dealer who ordered before me with different colors got their cars later. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to predict how things will work out for a given color so they tend to predict worst case.

17. 11-28-2016 02:59 PM #17
      I ordered an SE in Night Blue/Brown with DAP two weeks ago and was told 2-3 months. However, they found the exact car and at two different dealerships and was told they were ordered and came in 45 days.

18. 11-28-2016 09:33 PM #18
      Virtually every dealer in the US got an SE and an SEL, both with DAP, as part of the initial 'seeding' of Alltracks in September. Some of those are still available. But DAP is a 'sold order only' option for every trim level - has anybody seen or heard of an S being ordered with DAP being delivered or even scheduled? None of those were part of the initial seeding, and it's what I'm waiting on

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL DA/LP, 2002 GL Jetta TDI, 03 Allroad (sold), 2010 Jetta TDI (VW Buy Back)
      11-28-2016 11:06 PM #19
      Had to pick mine up 400 miles away only cost me a day and $50 for a rental. Money well spent and I was able to get the Silk Blue fully loaded SEL package. Also was able to get 2K off the MSRP so I was Ecstatic!

20. 01-17-2017 10:35 AM #20
      I ordered the same exact vehicle as you in Mid October here in Sacramento...was first told they thought they were going to able to change one of the 39 scheduled to built in the system to my specs and I would have it in 6 weeks... VW supposedly kicked it out of the system the next week and we then "placed" a order... as of now it shows in production line but no vin... dealership now saying I hopefully should have it in March...hopefully my tdi Golf goes back next month! This seems crazy to me since my vehicle before my tdi was a A3 I ordered and had in 3 months and it was built and shipped from Germany not Mexico!! Any word on your vehicle?!?!

21. 01-18-2017 11:12 AM #21
      I ordered a Night Blue/Brown SE with DAP on November 14th and was told 60 days. On Jan. 6th (just shy of 60 days), the car was still processing (no VIN, no production started) and they guessed it would be another 60 days. On Jan 7th, I got a call saying they were reallocating a car coming into port. On Jan 12th, my car arrived at the dealer. I pick it up tomorrow.

Moral of the story, I'd bet 120 for them to build you car. Encourage your dealer to put in a sold order and get the car allocated to the dealership...this may be harder for SELs with DALP as SE trims do not have a sold order required for DAP, i.e. they are making them with it.

Also, Night Blue and Marrakesh Brown seems to be the highest in demand.

22. 01-18-2017 01:59 PM #22
      You might want to order an Alltrack soon because a SEL with the one option you can get, will go from $35,705 to $47,915 due to the impending 35% tariff for cars built in Mexico (the Alltrack and GSW is built in Puebla, MX). A 4mo GSW with a DSG will go from $25,750 to $34,475.
      Last edited by jjvincent; 01-18-2017 at 02:03 PM.

23. 01-18-2017 02:14 PM #23
      You might want to order an Alltrack soon because a SEL with the one option you can get, will go from $35,705 to $47,915 due to the impending 35% tariff for cars built in Mexico (the Alltrack and GSW is built in Puebla, MX). A 4mo GSW with a DSG will go from $25,750 to $34,475.
      I am very happy to already have my purchase deal indeed!

I decided to wait on my ordered car which is expected around the last week of February. Originally ordered mid October. I discovered a new found patience in myself and did not go to El Paso.

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 4dr United Grey Golf TDI
      01-18-2017 02:44 PM #24
      I ordered the same exact car on the first day you could officially place an order, back in the middle of September. The last I spoke to the dealer was a few weeks ago and they said it would be delivered between the middle of February and the middle of March.

I have been tempted by the El Paso one, but even a flight down there is pricey.

25. 01-18-2017 02:55 PM #25
      Which one of you will get this dark blue GSW/Alltrack then?

Someone ordered a red one and here's the guy who installs your front bumpers:

For advertising information click HERE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast