VWVortex.com - Alltrack Factory Order Wait Time
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 181

    Thread: Alltrack Factory Order Wait Time

    1. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2017
      Location
      Hardy, VA
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI DSG, 2017 GSW 4MO 6MT (on order)
      03-12-2017 09:57 PM #76
      Hello, I'm hoping that someone on this forum can give me some information about ordering a GSW 4MOTION with a 6-speed MT. My local dealer (here in Roanoke, VA) has told me that "VW is not accepting orders at this time", yet many people on this forum have said that they've ordered cars from VW. Is this a recent change (I first asked about ordering a car in the color I like about a month ago), or is the salesman (or dealer) misinformed or are just yanking my chain? Any guidance or direction to a dealer somewhat close to Virginia that DOES accept custom orders (and sells them at a decent discount) would be appreciated. Thanks!

    2. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2011
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      16
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      03-16-2017 02:01 PM #77
      Finally got an update on my 6M AllTrack. Part of the email from my sales rep below.


      NIGHT BLUE METALLIC / MARRAKESCH BROWN

      Vehicle Status Factory Current ETA 04/09/2017-05/07/2017 (DRAFT ETA)

      * Best estimate based on current information available

    3. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2017
      Location
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Posts
      16
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SE
      03-16-2017 02:08 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by RBrianTaylor View Post
      Hello, I'm hoping that someone on this forum can give me some information about ordering a GSW 4MOTION with a 6-speed MT. My local dealer (here in Roanoke, VA) has told me that "VW is not accepting orders at this time", yet many people on this forum have said that they've ordered cars from VW. Is this a recent change (I first asked about ordering a car in the color I like about a month ago), or is the salesman (or dealer) misinformed or are just yanking my chain? Any guidance or direction to a dealer somewhat close to Virginia that DOES accept custom orders (and sells them at a decent discount) would be appreciated. Thanks!
      I didn't order an Alltrack but I did place a factory order for a GSW on Feb. 7th if it helps at all. I am in Virginia as well and placed an order from Casey VW. From my experience, dealers will try to do anything they can to not factory order a vehicle including lying and just outright ignoring your request. I had one dealer call me three times telling me about other vehicles I wasn't interested in. I made it very clear that I wanted a Tornado Red GSW SE with black interior. He called back talking about a Passat, then a Golf, then an Alltrack. Salesmen can be complete idiots and only care about moving their inventory. Try calling other dealers in the area or a couple hours away. Be upfront with your desires and tell them you are not looking for anything else. Those that want your business will get the hint pretty quickly.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2016
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      100
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta hatch; 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L
      03-16-2017 04:13 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by RBrianTaylor View Post
      Hello, I'm hoping that someone on this forum can give me some information about ordering a GSW 4MOTION with a 6-speed MT. My local dealer (here in Roanoke, VA) has told me that "VW is not accepting orders at this time", yet many people on this forum have said that they've ordered cars from VW. Is this a recent change (I first asked about ordering a car in the color I like about a month ago), or is the salesman (or dealer) misinformed or are just yanking my chain? Any guidance or direction to a dealer somewhat close to Virginia that DOES accept custom orders (and sells them at a decent discount) would be appreciated. Thanks!
      I sure hope he's just full of crap because I plan on ordering an Alltrack this weekend because I haven't come close to finding the combo I want. The dealer didn't blink when I asked about ordering this week and gave me a total right away. I doubt they could be switching over to 2018s already. The car has only been out since September, and the manual versions for less than a month.

    5. 03-18-2017 01:37 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by mjsonne View Post
      I placed my oder a month ago at Princeton VW and while I did check in with them this morning, I still have no VIN and am being told it could still be two to three months before I take delivery. I have ordered an SEL Night Blue/Marrakesh Brown with DALP. A nationwide search on Cars.com indeed shows only one in El Paso. I really do want the color combo but that wait is making me question just how much I want the color combo.

      Are others hearing similar wait times on factory orders? Do others already have a VIN?

      Thanks all for your help and input!
      Same here. Ordered my SEL in October. Supposed to show up any day now




      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2nd, 2014
      Location
      Vermont
      Posts
      22
      Vehicles
      2014 Jetta SportWagen 2.5S
      03-18-2017 03:39 PM #81
      I ordered a Silk Blue/Beige GSW S 4Motion 6 MT, no options, on February 24. My dealer emailed me on March 15 to say "The range on your order is April 16 - May 14 right now."

      I'm a little anxious about that "right now"... hah...

    7. n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 2016
      Posts
      8
      Vehicles
      2017 SportWagen S 4Motion 6MT
      03-18-2017 09:24 PM #82
      Ordered a GSW 4Motion 6MT on 2/8, last night it showed up in the dealer inventory online search. Will call them on Monday to see where it is.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2016
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      100
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta hatch; 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L
      03-20-2017 08:54 AM #83
      I did the deed this weekend and ordered a 6MT Silk Blue/Marrakech Brown Alltrack SE. When I get some info, I'll post it. I did take a DSG for a more comprehensive test drive just in case. It was great, but I still miss the activity of a manual (I've owned 5 of them). If the order just won't happen though I'd be ok with a DSG if pushed.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2015
      Posts
      307
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      03-20-2017 07:23 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by FlipFriddle View Post
      I did the deed this weekend and ordered a 6MT Silk Blue/Marrakech Brown Alltrack SE. When I get some info, I'll post it. I did take a DSG for a more comprehensive test drive just in case. It was great, but I still miss the activity of a manual (I've owned 5 of them). If the order just won't happen though I'd be ok with a DSG if pushed.
      Congrats. Did they give you a lead time, or is that the info you haven't gotten yet?

    10. Member 1.8TJet 16VRab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2000
      Posts
      290
      Vehicles
      2013 TDI Beetle 1981 Vanagon Westfalia
      03-20-2017 09:17 PM #85
      We ordered our Alltrack at the end of October. It took them a few days to let me know if VW would "accept" our 6MT tranny order. Here's a pic of it finally arriving at the dealership on 3/17 and we are picking it up tomorrow so almost 5 months wait time.

    11. 03-20-2017 09:24 PM #86
      Ordered my 6mt in the middle of December pushed off my buyback appointment 2 times. Recently the TDI has been going into regen daily and has just died on me 2 times. Sold it back last week and gave up on the factory order. Bought an Alltrack S with DSG Black exterior and Marrakech brown interior


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    12. 03-20-2017 09:25 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Series60toTDI View Post
      Ordered my 6mt in the middle of December pushed off my buyback appointment 2 times. Recently the TDI has been going into regen daily and has just died on me 2 times. Sold it back last week and gave up on the factory order. Bought an Alltrack S with DSG Black exterior and Marrakech brown interior


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I am sad to not have a manual anymore but my fiancé is happy.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2016
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      100
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta hatch; 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L
      03-21-2017 08:53 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by WagenMafia View Post
      Congrats. Did they give you a lead time, or is that the info you haven't gotten yet?
      Nope, nothing yet. If I get anything I'll post it. The dealer said with orders they will typically still look around and if they find one that matches somewhere else they will try and get it for me. Others here on the forums have been mentioning that they have started to see 6MT Alltracks in the Midwest, so I'm hoping they are starting to become more numerous.

    14. 03-21-2017 10:52 PM #89
      I ordered a SEL with DALP in platinum gray on 12/19/2016. Using the Find a Match process at the VW web site, with an inventory search for my local dealer's zipcode, I found my ordered car with VIN on 3/15/2017; this was verified by my salesman. Delivery date range is now 4/5 - 5/3 to the Seattle area.

    15. 03-22-2017 07:34 PM #90
      The SEL with DALP Night Blue and Brown I ordered on October 7th showed up last night!!! I love love love it!!! I would post pics but it won't seem to let me from my Iphone!! SO when we ordered my car the VW mistakenly put the order in twice for the same car!! Sooo if one of you are still looking for a SEL blue/ brown with DALP the other is one is there unsold at Elk Grove VW in CA... I would call my sales guy Adam stat... 917-538-2817... He was great! Good luck!
      Last edited by Kombi5150; 03-22-2017 at 07:44 PM.

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2014
      Posts
      77
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf Sportwagen
      03-22-2017 07:36 PM #91
      My parents were interested in getting an Alltrack with Technology Package (similar to US market DAP) to replace their 2005 Passat Tdi, 3 month wait as mother wanted a specific color, dealer is only 100 kilometers from Canadian port of entry for VW. Dealer would not write a $45,000 Canadian offer, they went to the town's Toyota dealership and purchased a Camry. My sister in 2005 had ordered a new Camry with manual transmission, 30 days for it to be built, shipped from Japan to Canada, rail transport from west coast to east coast, and picked up at dealership. Why is VW unable to get their act together with build and delivery schedules ?

    17. Member 1.8TJet 16VRab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2000
      Posts
      290
      Vehicles
      2013 TDI Beetle 1981 Vanagon Westfalia
      03-22-2017 08:50 PM #92
      I'll update my earlier wait time from above. We actually ordered our 6MT back in the beginning of October and it arrived at the dealership 3/17/17 so our wait time was just over 5 months. I was in no hurry and after a beautiful drive through Malibu today - it was all worth it. The level of refinement on the MQB platform is amazing. We drove over 100 miles at 33MPG with the AC blasting at 65+MPH with lots of hill/mountain roads. We ended up getting the $1,000 VW loyalty bonus, used our $500 TDI dealer credit, and $900 off dealer MSRP which almost worked out as an even trade with our 4 year old TDI Beetle.

    18. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2017
      Location
      Hardy, VA
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI DSG, 2017 GSW 4MO 6MT (on order)
      03-23-2017 08:00 AM #93
      If I'm not mistaken, more and more GSW 4MO 6MT models are starting to arrive here on the East Coast, or at least the dealer inventories are starting to grow as VW is shipping more of them. While they may be in transit, an Alexandria dealer is showing 4 of them in their inventory (as I'm writing this email):

      http://www.alexandriavw.com/VehicleS...n&bodyType=CAR

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2003
      Location
      left coast
      Posts
      236
      Vehicles
      2013 VW JSW TDI 6M
      03-23-2017 10:05 AM #94
      ....the blue wagon with Alhambra dealer front plate - a 6M.........

      33 MPG right off the showroom floor is big time impressive.

      I would guess that is based on the car's computer following the 100 mile sojourn.

      If that is pen/pencil calculation then you are better than the 40 Alltrack wagons at Fuelly.com



      ez (still worried about buyer's remorse potential following JSW TDI buyback)
      2013 JSW TDI 6M

    20. Member 1.8TJet 16VRab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2000
      Posts
      290
      Vehicles
      2013 TDI Beetle 1981 Vanagon Westfalia
      03-23-2017 11:28 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by ezshift5 View Post
      ....the blue wagon with Alhambra dealer front plate - a 6M.........

      33 MPG right off the showroom floor is big time impressive.

      I would guess that is based on the car's computer following the 100 mile sojourn.

      If that is pen/pencil calculation then you are better than the 40 Alltrack wagons at Fuelly.com



      ez (still worried about buyer's remorse potential following JSW TDI buyback)
      You're very right - just going by what the car is telling me as I have yet to fill the tank but I'm assuming it's fairly accurate. It's definitely no TDI but I'm still impressed

    21. 03-23-2017 11:41 AM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8TJet 16VRab View Post
      You're very right - just going by what the car is telling me as I have yet to fill the tank but I'm assuming it's fairly accurate. It's definitely no TDI but I'm still impressed
      After months of waiting, an identical car showed up at Jeff D'Ambrosio earlier this week. Picked up the other day! Finally have my Night Blue/Marrakesh SEL w/ DALP! Got an amazing deal on it too with internet pricing, conquest bonus, partner (SCCA) and 1.9% APR through VW credit. Even came with the roof racks! Could not be happier! Will post photos soon!

      25mpg on the dot for the fist 250 miles. Car feels fantastic. After my 2010 Honda Odyssey, it's quite a difference!

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2015
      Posts
      307
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      03-23-2017 02:31 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8TJet 16VRab View Post
      You're very right - just going by what the car is telling me as I have yet to fill the tank but I'm assuming it's fairly accurate. It's definitely no TDI but I'm still impressed
      You should assume it's not very accurate, unfortunately. Other owners here have discovered that the computer is something like 7% optimistic, or a couple MPG, take your pick.

    23. 03-24-2017 03:03 PM #98
      Ordered my Night Blue/Brown S Manual on February 10th

      Today I received notice that the vehicle has been built and is "off the line" and that it will arrive between March 31st and April 21st here in Rochester.

      Kind of a big range for delivery, but we're making progress.

      In contrast, my in-laws ordered a new Audi Allroad in November 2016 and still haven't received any notice on delivery time.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2016
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      100
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta hatch; 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L
      03-24-2017 03:30 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by Cardyjones View Post
      Ordered my Night Blue/Brown S Manual on February 10th

      Today I received notice that the vehicle has been built and is "off the line" and that it will arrive between March 31st and April 21st here in Rochester.

      Kind of a big range for delivery, but we're making progress.

      In contrast, my in-laws ordered a new Audi Allroad in November 2016 and still haven't received any notice on delivery time.
      That's great to hear. I just ordered one a week ago also in Rochester, so I'm hoping my expected late May delivery may actually happen then. Thanks for sharing.

    25. Member bluer3204's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Long Island , NY
      Posts
      945
      Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      03-24-2017 09:11 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by mjsonne View Post
      After months of waiting, an identical car showed up at Jeff D'Ambrosio earlier this week. Picked up the other day! Finally have my Night Blue/Marrakesh SEL w/ DALP! Got an amazing deal on it too with internet pricing, conquest bonus, partner (SCCA) and 1.9% APR through VW credit. Even came with the roof racks! Could not be happier! Will post photos soon!

      25mpg on the dot for the fist 250 miles. Car feels fantastic. After my 2010 Honda Odyssey, it's quite a difference!

      You beat me to it!!

      I was ready to pick that one up this weekend. Congrats on the purchase. I ended up placing an order today for a Silk Blue/Marrakesh SEL. I was told 3-4 months wait but can go even longer.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •