Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rez32's Deep Blue Pearl 2004 MKIV R32

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32, 2016 VW Jetta sport.
      05-12-2017 10:29 AM #76
      Great choice of Products! I was debating getting KW V2 with Running BBS CH 19" with 235/35/19
      Many people enjoy eating apples and oranges, but in the end they are still… just apples and oranges. The R32 is passion fruit. . Live Long and Prosper.

Vehicles
      2004 R32 // 1999 BMW R1100S // 2001 Ducati 996 // 2013 Brammo Enertia Plus
      05-12-2017 12:37 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Rez32 View Post
      It would be great if there was an LED option that matched the halogen color. Although now that I think about it ,the HIDs are pretty "cold" already so to have a city light that matches it might actually work out. I'll see what options are out there. Thanks for the tip sir!

Could you by chance point me to the correct city light for the HIDs? It seems Ziza only makes the LED city lights for the US headlight assembly.
      I believe I have Ziza lights, I'm not sure where I got them. I'll see if I can find that out.

Just ballparking based on my uncalibrated eyeballs, your city lights look like my headlights, my city lights look like your headlights. :)

3. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 - B8 S4 - MKIV R32
      05-13-2017 12:57 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by trillsx88 View Post
      When you replaced the sway bar bushing did the creaking sound go away or do you still have that sound?
      Unfortunately that was not it either. I went through the records and realized that the motor/trans mounts have not been replaced. The dog-bone inserts have been but with an unknown bushing so once I have a bit more cash available I'll replace all three mounts, I have yet to determine if OEM or aftermarket is the right choice. Likely OEM though.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme86 View Post
      Yes, the recommended procedure is to remove the bumper to access the lights.

Because of this VW also fit "Long Life" bulbs with thicker filaments in high beam and city light.

High Beam = N 103 201 02
      City Light = N 104 455 02

Osram sell a long life H6W with part number 64132ULT (64132ULT-02B for a twinpack)
      Sir, your contributions are always appreciated. Thanks for the part numbers and details.

Quote Originally Posted by vr6fanatic View Post
      Great choice of Products! I was debating getting KW V2 with Running BBS CH 19" with 235/35/19
      Thanks man! I am happy with things thus far although I'm likely going to downsize my wheels from 18>17 for added compliance in daily with horribly maintained roads where I live. I cannot even imagine running 19s but that always depends on the person and their goals/circumstances.

BBS CH is a beautiful wheel and works really nicely with our cars. As for the KW V2... I would recommend that you go either with V1 or V3. I don't feel V2 makes much sense as they only allow rebound adjustment, not compression. The way I see it, I'll either accept their choice of both compression/rebound or I'll want to customize both myself. But again, whatever works for you and your ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzlndr View Post
      I believe I have Ziza lights, I'm not sure where I got them. I'll see if I can find that out.

Just ballparking based on my uncalibrated eyeballs, your city lights look like my headlights, my city lights look like your headlights.
      I'm leaning towards just putting in the OSRAM "long life" halogens but if you do come across a link, please do share. Hahah yes, we are kind of in a flip flop situation at the moment
      Last edited by Rez32; 05-13-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Vehicles
      2004 DBP R32; 1971 Superbug
      05-13-2017 02:38 PM #79
      The Osram Long Life H7 Bulb is part number 64210ULT by the way.

Last edited by graeme86; 05-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.
      PM if you are looking for: Euro Headlight switches; RHD folding Stubbies.
      OEM+ freaks click here: Graeme's Webspace - Latest Updates: TPMS; More cluster programming goodies; Fuel & Brake Line Protection; Audi Rear Wiper; Passenger Footlight Mounting Bracket.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 - B8 S4 - MKIV R32
      05-13-2017 08:26 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by graeme86 View Post
      The Osram Long Life H7 Bulb is part number 64210ULT by the way.

Thanks! I ended up ordering a pair of these bulbs to replace before installing the headlight assemblies. I considered replacing all of them to be safe but am going to save the $$$ for now and only replace what needs to be done.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 - B8 S4 - MKIV R32
      05-18-2017 08:08 PM #81
      Hey guys,

This update is mostly about how she's feeling these days in terms of suspension/handling. I went ahead and softened up compression/rebound even further and reduced tire pressures to 32F/34R. Once this was done, daily driving became more comfortable and actually not so bad, I may be able to stick with 18s instead of downsizing to 17s with the current configuration.

Once I was about as happy as I knew I could get with the current setup on the streets, I took the wookie out to the woods:

I was very pleased with the overall handling characteristics of the car. Currently the only modifications in terms of handling are the KW V3 coils (running soft compression/rebound settings) and the Neuspeed wheels. The car feels night and day from stock, if you don't push the car beyond it's limits, it actually feels neutral and well balanced. I did not experience any understeer as long as I kept steady throttle through the turn and accelerated out of them. There is a slight amount of body roll, but I welcome it as it feels well controlled.

The KW V3s dance on twisty roads, they work hard and do it gracefully. At this point I'm really curious if the UM Haldex tune will have any impact on the handling characteristics since it's making the car more rear wheel drive under throttle application but that'll have to wait a while until my R32 piggy bank recovers a bit.

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32, 2016 VW Jetta sport.
      05-19-2017 08:47 PM #82
      Great job.
      Many people enjoy eating apples and oranges, but in the end they are still… just apples and oranges. The R32 is passion fruit. . Live Long and Prosper.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 - B8 S4 - MKIV R32
      05-22-2017 10:49 PM #83
      I received the city bulbs a few days ago, replaced them and finally got around to installing the OEM EURO HIDs. They do look pretty sexy:

In typical VW fashion, this was much more work than it should have been. It's not difficult work though, but I can't imagine having to do all this just to swap out a light bulb!

I still need to make sure the cutoffs are setup properly to not disturb oncoming traffic so I'll do some googling and post back if I can't find any good documentation on the process. I haven't had the chance to drive at night yet, I'll comment on the light output in comparison to OEM US Halogen headlights soon.

In terms of fit and finish, it's OEM. This specific set I acquired are minty clean and are fully functional. Everything installed perfectly without any hassle or fitment issues. I did use some harness adapters that made the job silly easy so I would recommend them to anyone who is going to retrofit EURO HIDs.
      Last edited by Rez32; 05-22-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Vehicles
      2004 .:R / 2014 JETTA TDI
      05-24-2017 11:42 AM #84
      You sure got lucky sourcing a set of those bad boys.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 A4 - B8 S4 - MKIV R32
      05-24-2017 11:58 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6fanatic View Post
      Great job.
      Thanks for the positive vibes sir. I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Slverjet View Post
      You sure got lucky sourcing a set of those bad boys.
      Yes sir, you are absolutely right. Although I did not "need" these headlights, I was motivated to buy a set before they become impossible to find. In reality, this upgrade should have been one of the finishing touches.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234