VWVortex.com - Unitronic Performance Software for North American 1.4 TSI - Now Available!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 149

    Thread: Unitronic Performance Software for North American 1.4 TSI - Now Available!

    1. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2013
      Posts
      1,813
      01-24-2017 12:32 PM #1
      Unitronic -- Performance Software & Hardware for VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
      Web: www.getunitronic.com
      Tel: 1.866.341.2447
      Follow us on: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Please note that this account do not accept PMs. For private questions, please email info@getunitronic.com.

    2. Junior Member Vdub33's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2016
      Location
      Boca Raton
      Posts
      62
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Jetta GLI
      01-24-2017 12:46 PM #2
      Any update on the 2016 GLI ECU and TCU tunes?
      16' VW Jetta GLI - CTS Turbo CAI - AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust - CTS Turbo Catless DP- KSport Coilovers

    3. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-24-2017 12:50 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Vdub33 View Post
      Any update on the 2016 GLI ECU and TCU tunes?
      The software is currently under development, unfortunately we do not have any ETA on when it will be available, as research and development is variable. Please rest assured we are working to make it available as quickly as possible.

    4. Member diablo2424's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2015
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      150
      Vehicles
      2016 Jetta GLI SEL
      01-24-2017 12:53 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Vdub33 View Post
      Any update on the 2016 GLI ECU and TCU tunes?
      THIS.

      Quote Originally Posted by Pat@Unitronic View Post
      The software is currently under development, unfortunately we do not have any ETA on when it will be available, as research and development is variable. Please rest assured we are working to make it available as quickly as possible.
      lol... tunes for other EA888 Gen 3's (MQB) are out, and now the 1.4, but still no '16 Jetta EA888 Gen 3... hard to believe it's even being worked on at this point
      2016 Jetta GLI SEL w/DSG
      Mods: Unitronic Stage 2 Tune | Unitronic downpipe w/high flow cat | CTS Turbo Intake | Interior LED's | Blacked out chrome | Euro headlight switch | Nokya 2500k Fogs | %35 Tint
      Mods to come: Lowering Springs, Hood struts, Charge/Throttle Pipes, DSG TCU Tune Stage 1/2

    5. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-24-2017 12:59 PM #5
      lol... tunes for other EA888 Gen 3's (MQB) are out, and now the 1.4, but still no '16 Jetta EA888 Gen 3... hard to believe it's even being worked on at this point
      Rest assured, we are as eager as you to make it available as soon as possible, as previously mentioned, research and development is variable and unfortunately, some platforms take more time than others.

    6. Member I800C0LLECT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2012
      Location
      Williamsburg, VA
      Posts
      610
      Vehicles
      2013 Jetta Hybrid & 2012 Passat TDI
      01-24-2017 02:18 PM #6
      Any chance this could be used with the hybrid model?

      Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    7. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-24-2017 02:27 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
      Any chance this could be used with the hybrid model?

      Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Unfortunately not.

    8. 01-24-2017 02:32 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Pat@Unitronic View Post
      The software is currently under development, unfortunately we do not have any ETA on when it will be available, as research and development is variable. Please rest assured we are working to make it available as quickly as possible.
      I'm confused. I thought the 2016 has a tune available? It's on the site and I just quoted the cost of a stage 1 tune from a uni dealer.

    9. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-24-2017 02:44 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by bkuu View Post
      I'm confused. I thought the 2016 has a tune available? It's on the site and I just quoted the cost of a stage 1 tune from a uni dealer.
      We are sorry for the confusion, our software for JETTA MK6 1.8 TSI EA888 GEN3 is currently under development.

    10. Member diablo2424's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2015
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      150
      Vehicles
      2016 Jetta GLI SEL
      01-24-2017 07:46 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by bkuu View Post
      I'm confused. I thought the 2016 has a tune available? It's on the site and I just quoted the cost of a stage 1 tune from a uni dealer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Pat@Unitronic View Post
      We are sorry for the confusion, our software for JETTA MK6 1.8 TSI EA888 GEN3 is currently under development.
      The Jetta MK6 1.8 TSI EA888 Gen 3 AND Jetta MK6 2.0 EA888 Gen 3 are both still under development, even though they both show as available with dyno sheets on their website, it's been that way since at least July 2016 (when I tried to get my Jetta GLI 2.0T Gen 3 tuned).
      2016 Jetta GLI SEL w/DSG
      Mods: Unitronic Stage 2 Tune | Unitronic downpipe w/high flow cat | CTS Turbo Intake | Interior LED's | Blacked out chrome | Euro headlight switch | Nokya 2500k Fogs | %35 Tint
      Mods to come: Lowering Springs, Hood struts, Charge/Throttle Pipes, DSG TCU Tune Stage 1/2

    11. Banner Advertiser Jason@NGP's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2011
      Location
      Aberdeen, MD
      Posts
      3,222
      Vehicles
      2016 Jetta Sport, 2002 Audi TT
      01-24-2017 08:16 PM #11


      I'm interested in that badgeless grill though
      New German Performance
      Instagram / Facebook / Newsletter
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Looking for a part? Have a question? Feel free to contact me!
      jp@ngpracing.com / 1.877.German.1

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2017
      Location
      NNJ
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2017 Jetta S A/T 1.4T
      01-24-2017 08:46 PM #12
      I'm hoping you can use 87 octane for this too?
      "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life". If you don't understand this, feel free to ask me.

    13. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-25-2017 12:16 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark17jettaS View Post
      I'm hoping you can use 87 octane for this too?
      We don't recommend running 87octane on our Stage 1 software as it's precisely calibrated for 91octane.

    14. Junior Member THEunderACH1EVER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2016
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      16 Jetta Sport 5spd
      01-25-2017 01:10 PM #14
      Are the power figures quoted at the wheels or at the crank?
      Don't let the bastards grind you down.

    15. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2013
      Location
      Laval, QC
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      B8 S4
      01-25-2017 01:46 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by THEunderACH1EVER View Post
      Are the power figures quoted at the wheels or at the crank?
      To the crankshaft, as referenced on the dyno graph Y-axis.
      UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
      Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
      Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

    16. 01-25-2017 08:21 PM #16
      1. Will this software affect the way that the car will pass an emissions inspection test? Here in Massachusetts our cars are tested for emissions output every other year.
      2. Is it possible to undo the software and return the car to the stock mapping/configuration?

      Thank you!

    17. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-26-2017 09:24 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by itchyrichy View Post
      1. Will this software affect the way that the car will pass an emissions inspection test? Here in Massachusetts our cars are tested for emissions output every other year.
      2. Is it possible to undo the software and return the car to the stock mapping/configuration?

      Thank you!
      1) No you shouldn't have any concerns with emissions testing.
      2) Yes, you can reflash to stock.

    18. 01-26-2017 09:37 AM #18
      Are you guys working on an exhaust system for the 1.4 tsi as well? Im getting my jetta chipped as we speak, ill let you guys know how it is
      Last edited by Airportsecurity; 01-26-2017 at 02:03 PM.

    19. Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Laval, Qc
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      MK7 R
      01-26-2017 04:13 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Airportsecurity View Post
      Are you guys working on an exhaust system for the 1.4 tsi as well? Im getting my jetta chipped as we speak, ill let you guys know how it is
      Enjoy your new tune! We may have exhaust options available in the future

    20. 01-26-2017 04:16 PM #20
      Unitronic Vw 1.4 tsi stage 1 tune:

      Night and day difference

      Even just rolling just feathering the clutch is so much quicker and smoother, first gear is smoother, easier to launch, second gear pulls too stronk, 3Rd gear much peppier, 4Th gear roll on, on the highway pulls like third gear did pretune @ 100 km/h, 5Th gear top speed unknown, I looked down once and I was at 160 km/h in a jiffy, overall this tune is great cant wait for stage 2 and beyond. This is all with Bridgestone blizzak tires in the Toronto area, cant wait for summer to roll around.

    21. 01-26-2017 04:37 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Airportsecurity View Post
      Unitronic Vw 1.4 tsi stage 1 tune:

      Night and day difference

      Even just rolling just feathering the clutch is so much quicker and smoother, first gear is smoother, easier to launch, second gear pulls too stronk, 3Rd gear much peppier, 4Th gear roll on, on the highway pulls like third gear did pretune @ 100 km/h, 5Th gear top speed unknown, I looked down once and I was at 160 km/h in a jiffy, overall this tune is great cant wait for stage 2 and beyond. This is all with Bridgestone blizzak tires in the Toronto area, cant wait for summer to roll around.
      NICE!

      I am going to be getting mine soon. However I have 1/2 a tank of 87 kicking around so I should wait until I burn through it before mixing the octanes together.

    22. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2017
      Location
      NNJ
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2017 Jetta S A/T 1.4T
      01-26-2017 07:21 PM #22
      Does this work for Automatic trans?

    23. Forum Sponsor John@Unitronic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2013
      Location
      Laval, QC
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      B8 S4
      01-26-2017 07:53 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Airportsecurity View Post
      Unitronic Vw 1.4 tsi stage 1 tune:

      Night and day difference

      Even just rolling just feathering the clutch is so much quicker and smoother, first gear is smoother, easier to launch, second gear pulls too stronk, 3Rd gear much peppier, 4Th gear roll on, on the highway pulls like third gear did pretune @ 100 km/h, 5Th gear top speed unknown, I looked down once and I was at 160 km/h in a jiffy, overall this tune is great cant wait for stage 2 and beyond. This is all with Bridgestone blizzak tires in the Toronto area, cant wait for summer to roll around.
      Thanks for your feedback! Glad you're enjoying it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Lorne117 View Post
      NICE!

      I am going to be getting mine soon. However I have 1/2 a tank of 87 kicking around so I should wait until I burn through it before mixing the octanes together.
      You should definitely wait until you're done with the 87 before getting tuned. You'll want to make sure you're using 91 octane at minimum for Stage 1 and 93 octane at minimum for Stage 1+.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mark17jettaS View Post
      Does this work for Automatic trans?
      Yes.
      UNITRONIC — Performance Software & Hardware for your VW® /Audi® / Porsche®
      Web: GetUNITRONIC.com | Tel: (866) 341-2447
      Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2017
      Location
      NNJ
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2017 Jetta S A/T 1.4T
      01-26-2017 08:00 PM #24
      Is there a reduced cost for "de-tune/re-tune" scenario? IE - when going to dealer for warranty work? I suppose it's up to the Uni-dealer, but curious if every time it is $500.

    25. 01-27-2017 07:29 AM #25
      Hi - thanks for posting the review. I have contacted my local installer to get a pricing quote for the install so hopefully I will get it done soon.

      When you mention that first gear is smoother - is the spongy initial drive-away throttle lag still there? I came from having a Mazda 3 for 7 years and that car had great throttle response and the Jetta seems to have a strange type of drive-by-wire lag when you first pull away from a stop in normal driving conditions.

      Thanks again!

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •