Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson slams new NSX

1. 02-16-2017 06:58 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman View Post
      I've driven neither, but from all I've read the Tesla's handling is very responsive and linear, which seems to be the major complaint about the NSX. Were it built as a smaller, lighter coupe? No contest.
      Torque Vectoring- go read up on it and how rare it is in most supercars of today. Those two front motors on the NSX has taken this kind of driving dynamics to the next limit.
      Problem child, I'm familiar with problems; i know how to solve 'em--

Vehicles
      A Few Alphas
      02-16-2017 09:40 PM #102
      I have no idea why someone would get an NSX over XYZ.

3. 02-16-2017 09:48 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      I have no idea why someone would get an NSX over XYZ.
      It may not be the fastest or lightest or most dramatic looking car, however it is the most effortless around a track-- It's a driver's car.

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      02-16-2017 10:12 PM #104
      Hilarious. Shomegrown posted a thread with a positive review of the car; it died after 5 replies. This one's gone 5 pages.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

5. Senior Member
      02-16-2017 10:14 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      It may not be the fastest or lightest or most dramatic looking car, however it is the most effortless around a track-- It's a driver's car.
      That XYZ is a damn fine car.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      02-16-2017 10:47 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Reisner View Post
      Did you just compare a Tesla to this NSX? The former may be quicker but it certainly doesn't have the responsiveness of the latter. Furthermore, that 0-60 acceleration comes at a tremendous cost to battery, top speed and stability. In terms of performance, the Tesla only has the 0-60 metric going for it. It certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with other sports cars in a race considering its limitations.
      The NSX transmission isn't very responsive according to JC and Motor Trend. The Tesla has great throttle response and only one gear.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

7. 02-16-2017 11:04 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      The NSX transmission isn't very responsive according to JC and Motor Trend. The Tesla has great throttle response and only one gear.
      And a top speed of 155 mph. But heavens forbid should you push the Tesla that hard, its batteries will fry. With that said, I'd love to see someone race a P100D against an NSX for a couple of miles. I find it ironic that people complain about the NSX being all computerized but are singing the praises of a car that only dominates on the drag strip. No bias here...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 2-door base DBP
      02-16-2017 11:08 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Reisner View Post
      Technology is progress.
      Not necessarily.

Now, carry on.
      Let them eat cake...

Vehicles
      2014 Rogue SL, 2008 XC90 3.2, 2012 Golf 2.5
      02-16-2017 11:24 PM #109
      Meh, ever since they crowned the SC430 as the "worst car of all time", I don't care much for his opinions.

That being said, his major complaints sound like they could be dealt with a mere software update here and there, maybe, maybe not. And I mean, parts bin things aren't a huge deal, I'm not sure what he's on about there either. The earlier Ferrari Californias had their infotainment systems was exactly the same one you'd find in a Dodge GC. The 200k Tesla model S still has the gear shift out of a entry spec Mercedes. I'd rather some parts bin here and there than the Ferrari 458 I drove in Italy that had broken A/C

I think this car is drop dead gorgeous, and I'd definitely take one over a run of the mill Ferrari/Lamborghini (though I can't say I won't miss the noise )
      Quote Originally Posted by DRUB View Post
      What just cause Im new.

10. 02-17-2017 07:23 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      That XYZ is a damn fine car.
      Kinda early, but I'll drink to that

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      02-17-2017 07:26 AM #111
      Good review, I'm hoping now I can pick one up for under $40K

2013 Mk VI GTI / 2002 Acura RSX type S / 94 Chevy pickup1500

Vehicles
      One quick and great handling tin can with a notchy manuel.
      02-17-2017 08:06 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Hilarious. Shomegrown posted a thread with a positive review of the car; it died after 5 replies. This one's gone 5 pages.
      I think nobody here really cares about this car. It is like Honda made a great "robot", not a NSX successor. Not much to be excited about to be honest. It is a great car for a "Popular Science" article but not so much for a car enthusiast publication/website.

Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 2008 Mazda3 GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      02-17-2017 10:31 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      I think nobody here really cares about this car. It is like Honda made a great "robot", not a NSX successor. Not much to be excited about to be honest. It is a great car for a "Popular Science" article but not so much for a car enthusiast publication/website.
      Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive?
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Panache, bruh.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      One quick and great handling tin can with a notchy manuel.
      02-17-2017 10:36 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive?
      I don't think they do but I don't think this particular car is a good example of that, specially knowing what it replaced...

Vehicles
      2003 Wolfsburg, 2008 Fit Sport, 2010 Kizashi S, 2012 500 Sport, 2000 4Runner, 2015 CX5, 1975 MGB
      02-17-2017 12:12 PM #115
      No offense but if I hadn't read the rest of your posts I'd think you're being sarcastic. If anyone ever tracks this NSX like people do with 911s, Vipers and 458s, I'll get a small, discrete NSX tattoo somewhere private.
      Power is knowledge

16. 02-17-2017 12:59 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman View Post
      No offense but if I hadn't read the rest of your posts I'd think you're being sarcastic. If anyone ever tracks this NSX like people do with 911s, Vipers and 458s, I'll get a small, discrete NSX tattoo somewhere private.
      Wait a second: no one tracks a Tesla either. What does tracking the NSX have anything to do with this topic?

I differed with your pov and believe the NSX to be a drivers car- It was not in my judgement on how the car drives, but that of reviewer's pitting the car against 911's, Mclaren's, R8's, and Lambo's. The lap times reviewers posted are literally a 10/th off any car in its category. Just youtube it and you'll see how near-perfect the NSX is slicing through a track.

And fwiw, Acura is trying to get their track image up; not that this is the intended purpose of the car.

17. 02-17-2017 01:15 PM #117
      His criticism of the new NSX is like a cut and paste of his criticism of the old NSX (no match for Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche). His conclusion was that Japanese engineers beavered away at making a great supercar and did a tremendous job at engineering, but they don't get what makes a supercar great.

Okay, so he didn't complain about the sunshade and Navs didn't exist back then, but he did complain about the generic Hondaness of the interior.

18. Member
      02-17-2017 01:19 PM #118

2017 Acura NSX/MPG
      21 city / 22 highway

2017 Nissan GT-R/MPG
      16 city / 22 highway

...pretty much touches on all of our criticisms.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      997 GTS | 2012 TTRS
      02-17-2017 01:33 PM #119
      I'll wait to weigh in until I get a chance to drive one. However, that clown clarksons opinion is about as meaningful and useful as a wool coat in south florida.
      Iroz Motorsport Built Engine | 034 Motorsports Catless DP | APR RSC Catback | APR Stage 2+ Tune | 034 Motorsports RARB + Shifter Bracket Bushings

Vehicles
      '06 Evo Mr, '15 CRV Touring, '16 Civic Touring
      02-17-2017 06:17 PM #120
      Holy Moses, this thread..

I guess it will take 10-15 years for people to fully comprehend what the current NSX exemplifies; same as it did for the first gen to grow appreciation.

Its pretty true.... people didnt like the original so much too when it came out

I imagine, in the next decade, people will truly understand why this vehicle was built and the foundation of technology is lays for what comes next.
      2.0T+034efi+meth = 300+whp = RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Everyone always praises function over form until the form is something that they don't like

Vehicles
      02-17-2017 06:25 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by GTijoejoe View Post

I keep saying this, no one wants to hear it.

22. Member
      02-17-2017 07:57 PM #122

I imagine, in the next decade, people will truly understand why this vehicle was built and the foundation of technology is lays for what comes next.
      Not true. People loved them. Its just that few were willing to pay the asking price for one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

23. 02-17-2017 08:28 PM #123

I keep saying this, no one wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      Not true. People loved them. Its just that few were willing to pay the asking price for one.

Honda's biggest failure was the timing of the unveil. The longer it took, the higher the expectations grew. But when you factor in the endless possibilities of electronic tuning starting from the motors, steering, all the way down to the brakes, you will truly see the potential of the NSX in years to come.

Vehicles
      02-17-2017 08:46 PM #124
      Honda's biggest failure was the timing of the unveil. The longer it took, the higher the expectations grew. But when you factor in the endless possibilities of electronic tuning starting from the motors, steering, all the way down to the brakes, you will truly see the potential of the NSX in years to come.
      Oh I see it. I know that there is only one car out there that does anything similar with electrics, and that is a $400k SLS AMG thing.

I was in contact with an Acura engineer when the car was not even testing yet, so I've been aware of its existence/potential longer than most.

25. 02-17-2017 09:01 PM #125
      Oh I see it. I know that there is only one car out there that does anything similar with electrics, and that is a $400k SLS AMG thing.

I was in contact with an Acura engineer when the car was not even testing yet, so I've been aware of its existence/potential longer than most.
      I don't understand what people want this car to accomplish. Like, bend the laws of physics or probe a black hole portal in your garage.. *shrugs*

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast