Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECS Tuning Alternative facts, buyer beware

Vehicles
      16 GTI 13 XC70 12 CSBE
      02-15-2017 07:59 PM #1
      I was shopping for an iDrive controller for a friend’s BMW and found ECS Tuning had a competitive price. Before placing an order I went on a chat to verify if the part was really in stock and was assured it was in stock and ready for shipment. Placed the order and later in the day received notification that a FedEx label was created. Of course during tracking I notice ECS mentions it takes 24-48 hours for the tracking to become active. So today approximately 24 hours post order I check tracking and it’s still just a created label. Call FedEx and they verify it’s not yet scanned. I get on a chat with Rachel (aka Kelly Ann Conway) and get absolutely nowhere. She insists it’s typical for packages to get picked up from ECS by Fed Ex and not get scanned. I’m calling BS on that story. Why would FedEx touch anything without some form of proof? I’m finished with ECS. They are scamming people by saying an item ships same day. They are scamming people by not telling people nothing happens for 24-48 hours. I have not piled on when I have seen other complaints of ECS’s bad service, but now I understand their dishonest and unseemly practices that lead to bad customer experiences. Ships today means it is in transit not that a label was created. Alternative facts.

MK7 Content

2. 02-15-2017 08:39 PM #2
      I've ordered from ECS without issue. The label took time to track but everything arrived without incident.
      What part of the experience do you feel was misleading?

3. 02-15-2017 08:49 PM #3
      I on the other hand ✋ would like to say that if you have received poor customer support you need to contact a human being and speak to them and not blast them in a public forum. I have had nothing but good customer service through them. I believe your issue is really with FedEx. I will be honest my wife is in works at FedEx and knows how things work.

If you are shipping via ground, then if a contractor for FedEx picks up your package then the initial scan will not hit FedEx's system until it is actually in the hands of a FedEx employee, and that may not happen until it hits the sorting center in a major city. Now if the contractor picks it up (contacted by FedEx) they take it to their holding facility and call for a pick up. Which in most cases can take anywhere from 24-48hrs for departure from the contractor holding facility because they only make truck runs on certain determined days to those contractor based facilities. That's why often the initial scan for a package shipped ground from me comes from Orlando or Tampa Florida, but I live in Lakeland which is 55 miles away from a Major sort facility that is actually run by FedEx ground. Ground is also a Monday through Friday shipper so don't count weekends into your number of days. That's how ground shipping for FedEx works and you get what you pay for.

FedEx Air also has similar ways of pickup, often if in a out of the way location the item it is picked up by a contractor and taken to a airport in the region for that location. If that airport location is also run by a contractor then your first scan will not hit until it hits the sort facility in Tennessee. Note that if I ship a air package from me to my neighbor it will go from here to Tennessee and back. If there is any weather conditions that are affecting your shipment from that contractors location they are posted on FedEx's website daily, weather is not good in a lot of locations right now and could delay the initial scan of it hasn't exchanged hands between a FedEx employee and the contractor. FedEx overnight packages have delivered to me before I even saw the first scan.

Just because you have not seen a scan does not mean that it has not left ECS's facility. I am sorry if you feel as though I am blasting you with information but, I have been in your situation thinking it is the shippers of vendors fault and my wife has educated me more than once and told me to be patient. Just my .02 cents.

4. 02-15-2017 09:15 PM #4
      ECS states could take 24-48 hours to ship, you stated you looked 24 hours after initial order that still leaves them another 24 hours to process and ship your order. Give them a chance as they were still within there advertised time frame. I have ordered multiple times and multiple items from them and everything has always arrived on time and without incident.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tornado Red VW GTI w/ PP
      02-15-2017 09:18 PM #5
      I'm typically not a huge fan of open forum blasting but I feel like the OP needs more timeline and content...

For one, what shipping option was chosen here? I am not particularly familiar with ECS shipping guidelines but whether this is an option for "expedited shipping" or "free shipping" could really dictate how this story goes.

Of course during tracking I notice ECS mentions it takes 24-48 hours for the tracking to become active. So today approximately 24 hours post order I check tracking and it’s still just a created label.
      Businesses should probably err on the side of the latter but this kind of seems unfair considering they mentioned 24-48 hours?

Again, not trying to slag the OP or the business but feels like it needs more clarification on what is actually going on here.

6. 02-15-2017 09:27 PM #6
      Addendum to my post, most Ohio locations for FedEx are currently two days behind because of weather. ECS is in Norton, Ohio and the nearest ground shipping facility that is FedEx run is in Akron, Ohio. Akron is a good distance from Norton and ECS so likely a contract courier handles the pick up in a little truck and it likely won't get a scan until it hits Akron or Cleveland. FedEx ground is a 8-5 business and requires 24hr notice for pickup. For a company like ECS they likely have a scheduled daily pick up which if it is anywhere near 5pm you are unlikely to see a scan for 48-72 hours and maybe even 4 days due to the backed up packages. Please be patient, note that I don't work for ECS or have any affiliation to ECS or FedEx. This is all second hand knowledge. Air is currently backed up as well in that location. Technically FedEx air and ground are 2 separate companies both with different operating parameters and policies. FedEx ground is a all contractor based company.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn
      02-15-2017 09:52 PM #7
      I'm with everyone else. I've ordered from ECS countless times and have zero complaints about shipping times or their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2016 GTI SE T-Red
      02-15-2017 10:16 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by mk7casey View Post
      I'm with everyone else. I've ordered from ECS countless times and have zero complaints about shipping times or their customer service.

Yup. Same.

My Build Thread
      2016 GTI SE T-Red/2006 GTI/2004 VW .:R32/2004 GTI/1995 Surf Green Golf

Vehicles
      '16 GTI, '13 Q5
      02-15-2017 10:18 PM #9
      I've been using ECS Tuning for 15+ years and only have compliments. They're reliable, consistent, convenient, and I *love* snagging things on clearance.

02-15-2017 10:54 PM #10
      Stop being so butthurt. ECS is a legit godsend to the euro community
      Precision Turbo l Tial l Autotech l BSH l AEM l BFI
      .doTuning

Vehicles
      Some American, British, German, and a bunch of Japanese.
      02-15-2017 10:56 PM #11
      Wait, what? If you wanted it yesterday, you should have ordered it last week.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit L, '07 Eos 3.2L, '15 Golf LE
      02-15-2017 11:01 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by mk7casey View Post

I have Mk1s, it's very frustrating when you make an order and everything is listed as in stock or ready to ship. You place the order then the next day or a couple days later you get a call, "Hello this is XXXX from ECS Tuning. I'd like to inform you that part numbers XXXX, XXXX, XXXX and XXXX are not in stock/backordered/NLA. Just FYI if I contact you before the order and you tell me it's available don't take my money then tell me it's not available. Really freaking annoying. Especially when they decide they are going to hold the rest of your order until the other parts arrive (Even if it's months til they get the next one).

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      02-15-2017 11:02 PM #13

Vehicles
      '98 M3
      02-15-2017 11:04 PM #14
      Phew, this thread had me nervous for a second because I just ordered something an hour ago. I also ship things FedEx and there are times where it won't scan until the following day even after it gets to a sort facility before going out for delivery. Especially anytime around the holiday season (in this case, V day).

You should be fine.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-15-2017 11:31 PM #15
      I've ordered from them a couple times, never had an issue. Perhaps there is sand in your underpants?

Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Wait, what? If you wanted it yesterday, you should have ordered it last week.
      Egg Zachary.
      initiative comes to thems that wait

Support Your Local Homebrewery

16. 02-15-2017 11:49 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Schultzie78 View Post
      ECS states could take 24-48 hours to ship, you stated you looked 24 hours after initial order that still leaves them another 24 hours to process and ship your order. Give them a chance as they were still within there advertised time frame. I have ordered multiple times and multiple items from them and everything has always arrived on time and without incident.

Bingo. Depending on when you ordered it may not have dispatched that day.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '09 C4S, '16 S3
      02-15-2017 11:55 PM #17
      Sorry you had a bad experience. I've been using them literally for 8 years without issue, including returns and refunds. I like em!

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      02-15-2017 11:59 PM #18
      I bought a oil service kit for the R from them a few months ago, it shipped for free and was here in 3 days. I can't really complain about that. /shrug

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line CW :::::::::::::::::1998 GTi PB
      02-16-2017 12:09 AM #19
      just had an order arrive from them today actually. been buying from them off and on for well over a decade now with no real issues. they sent a wrong part one time on an order, but corrected their mistake free of charge. all in all nothing but good things to say about the company.

been using them a lot more lately now that they finally have free shipping.

i ordered a little cover for the rear wiper arm, as i broke mine cleaning the window not too long ago. went to install it today and cracked it in the process. looks like they will get another 50 dollar order out of me soon so i can tack on that stupid 6 dollar part again.

one thing i really appreciate about them is that they offer a huge selection of OEM parts, even though they are more expensive. i LOVE GAP to death, but their lack of OEM options can be annoying sometimes. its nice not to have to buy an aftermarket part if i want to spend the extra money on an OEM one.
      Last edited by jreed1337; 02-16-2017 at 12:11 AM.
      1+3+3=7

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Mazda Miata NA, Honda Pilot
      02-16-2017 12:10 AM #20
      Wow. You don't ship much do you? I can print a label today and not have it picked up and scanned until tomorrow. 24-48 hours later.

Vehicles
      16 GTI 13 XC70 12 CSBE
      02-16-2017 12:10 AM #21
      Like I said alternative facts. Same day shipping means it ships the day it is ordered. Otherwise it would say 'same day shipping plus 24-48 hours'. It's a pretty simple concept. Thanks for the replies.

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      02-16-2017 12:18 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by jbx2 View Post
      Like I said alternative facts. Same day shipping means it ships the day it is ordered. Otherwise it would say 'same day shipping plus 24-48 hours'. It's a pretty simple concept. Thanks for the replies.
      You keep saying alternative facts but I don't think you know what that actually means. If they give you a 24-48 hour window that means up to 2 business days. Yet here you are, complaining that it wasn't shipped within 24 hours.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI, 2001.5 Passat, 2010 Civic, 2006 Pilot
      02-16-2017 12:25 AM #23
      ECS Tears = Liberal Tears

24. 02-16-2017 12:28 AM #24
      What make and year bimmer. Just asking cause I looked up some idrives at ECS for bimmers and they say usually ships within 5 days.

25. 02-16-2017 12:29 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Form Ocean View Post
      ECS Tears = Liberal Tears
      Lmao.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast