1. Member
      Vehicles
      N
      02-16-2017 10:14 AM #51
      Snowflake

2. Member
      02-16-2017 10:16 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by jbx2 View Post
      She insists it’s typical for packages to get picked up from ECS by Fed Ex and not get scanned. I’m calling BS on that story. Why would FedEx touch anything without some form of proof?
      The drivers operate on pickup windows. They cannot pickup packages outside that window, the system will not let them scan. Many times drivers will pick up packages before their pickup window if they happen to be at the location. When doing so they will take the packages and not scan them before getting to the depot they will stop and scan all those packages. It does mess things up in the system when they forget, I've received packages that show never picked up but already had them in my hands.

Fedex does NOT condone this and does not want their drivers (independent operators) doing this, but they do it anyway.

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2000 BMW 323I 5spd
      02-16-2017 10:20 AM #53
      I have no issue with ECS. It's free shipping with anything over $49. I just order things ahead of time and I get it when I get it. Better than paying Bavauto the same price plus shipping.

4. 02-16-2017 10:20 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      Modded = beat to ****
      Stock = driven by 87 year old grandmother
      Miss Daisy might not do all her own work and rub her car with a diaper, but she also wasn't a flatbrim bro who hoped boosted VTAK would make women jump into the car naked at 50mph.

5. Member
      02-16-2017 10:22 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by RedMK7Dave View Post
      Yep that is called smartpost and it is solely run by the usps, and the pickup and delivery is done by the usps. Sometimes tracking is very spotty typically it is only scanned at each postal facility as it passes through the system. If it only changes hands once before it gets to you, typically status is very limited.
      Smart post is picked up and transported over the main distance by fedex. At the final depot nearest to you it is then transported to the USPS depot, then to your local post off and final delivery is done via the USPS.

It is a special service and fedex driver must be told which packages are smart post so that they get sorted properly.

Vehicles
      '15 RAV4, '17 Impreza Sport
      02-16-2017 10:57 AM #56
      One guy at work dropped something off with local FedEx store to ship overnight. The FedEx guy picked it up, but never scanned it. The package was found on a truck two days later. I will believe ECS that they shipped it but moron Fedex guy didn't do his job. I've order many things from them and got them with zero issues.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2006 Honda VTX1800C, 2012 Civic SI, 1997 GMC Suburban
      02-16-2017 11:21 AM #57
      Wow.

I've been shopping at ECS for more than 10 years now and have never had a single issue. I have nothing but great things to say about them, they're my go to for parts for any european car I'm working on. One of the best parts suppliers I've ever worked with. (ECS and American Muscle are my two favorites.)

And actually, based on your description, it actually doesn't sound like you're having a real issue either, you're just looking for something to complain about. Sit tight. The parts will show up. No need to bash ECS for no reason.
      2007 Volkswagen GTI/2012 Honda Civic Si/1997 GMC Suburban/2006 Honda VTX1800C

Vehicles
      Never enough boost.
      02-16-2017 11:28 AM #58
      This sounds like a fake news article from CNN. I ordered from ECS tuning before and my experience was MAGAnificent!

Vehicles
      IV R32, Tiguan S 12'
      02-16-2017 11:32 AM #59
      I'm sorry but that car part your ordered isn't a heart stent is it? Good, I think you'll live.
      R32
      H&R coilovers. USP adj rear control arms. USP high flow cats. ceramic coated ECS downpipe. Stoptech front and rear rotors. Nitto NT05 summers, Blizzak winters. RS4 mod front bumper. United Motorsports 93 tune W/ LC and NLS from automobiledayspa
      Insta: thatdude_mcfly

10. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      02-16-2017 12:20 PM #60
      jbx2 sorry to read about your current experience. You have a PM from me requesting a little information so I can look further into this.

Quote Originally Posted by MKjiVe View Post
      Stop being so butthurt. ECS is a legit godsend to the euro community
      You're too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
      I have Mk1s, it's very frustrating when you make an order and everything is listed as in stock or ready to ship. You place the order then the next day or a couple days later you get a call, "Hello this is XXXX from ECS Tuning. I'd like to inform you that part numbers XXXX, XXXX, XXXX and XXXX are not in stock/backordered/NLA. Just FYI if I contact you before the order and you tell me it's available don't take my money then tell me it's not available. Really freaking annoying. Especially when they decide they are going to hold the rest of your order until the other parts arrive (Even if it's months til they get the next one).
      I do apologize for older car (mk1 for example) parts issue. Sadly much of the time we are told by VW/BMW/MB/etc that the parts are available (hence why our site shows them available) only to find out.. no not really after we submit the purchase order to them. I don't mean to make excuses, but this is pain I also feel with some of my toys.

Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett420 View Post
      My only problem with ECS is sometimes the information they have listed in the product details is incorrect
      If you run into errors by my parts guys please feel free to shoot me a PM, I'll happily go over and do a little yelling about accuracy on your behalf.

Thanks MonsterM, Hogan, SinisterMind, gonzo08452, kkingma, Schultzie78, mk7casey, Boosted_Bunny, Lemon Merchant, patrikman, Ronan1, Hostile, jreed1337, GasInMyVeins, gonzo08452, and anyone else I may have miss by mistake for the feedback!

-James

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Vehicles
      17 Golf R, 15 VW Tiguan, 93 LX Foxbody, 70 C10 5.3L LS
      02-16-2017 03:54 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
      Thanks MonsterM, Hogan, SinisterMind, gonzo08452, kkingma, Schultzie78, mk7casey, Boosted_Bunny, Lemon Merchant, patrikman, Ronan1, Hostile, jreed1337, GasInMyVeins, gonzo08452, and anyone else I may have miss by mistake for the feedback!

-James
      I'm disappointed you would leave out your friendly Russian.... I really thought we had something special back in the day.

Vehicles
      '15 Fiesta ST; '16 GTI
      02-16-2017 03:56 PM #62
      I have had 0 issues with ECS over the years. How long did you wait before contacting ECS about this? Sometimes it can take a few days to just process your order before it is picked up. And yes, sometimes the scan doesn't transmit from the driver to the online system. Welcome to logistics. Have some patience, it's not like you're performing bran surgery over there. No one is going to die.

Vehicles
      UberBlack
      02-16-2017 04:01 PM #63
      Hahahahahahahahaha, "buyer beware."

No thanks, I know how shipping works.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '09 335d
      02-16-2017 04:02 PM #64
      Has it been 48hrs yet?

Vehicles
      '17 GLI DSG
      02-16-2017 04:13 PM #65
      I frequently receive packages via FedEx that don't even show they've shipped yet but it's already at my house. OP needs to chill a little.

Vehicles
      '16 Mercedes AMG C63 S, '14 Audi Q5, '97 Ford Ranger
      02-16-2017 04:23 PM #66
      This is the worst thread I've read in here in some time. Congrats, OP!
      SOLD '15 Lapiz Blue VW Golf R, '13 Sepang Blue Audi S6, '11 Sprint Blue Audi S4, '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i, '04 Deep Blue Pearl VW R32

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8t
      02-16-2017 04:36 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMind View Post
      One guy at work dropped something off with local FedEx store to ship overnight. The FedEx guy picked it up, but never scanned it. The package was found on a truck two days later. I will believe ECS that they shipped it but moron Fedex guy didn't do his job. I've order many things from them and got them with zero issues.
      If I'm prioritizing things I'd like a driver to do, the pickup scan is at the bottom of the list. If it makes it on the truck without getting dropped or crushed, it's still on time to getting to you, regardless of that initial scan.

At this point, it's no longer ECS' problem. It's unreasonable to expect company, even one of their size, to have hourly pickups by shipping companies. Your order was packed, the label was printed and it was picked up the following business day. That's exactly how every business in the world works.

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2000 BMW 323I 5spd
      02-16-2017 04:48 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by MXTHOR3 View Post
      Has it been 48hrs yet?
      in Tonga

Vehicles
      2004 DBP .:R32, 2013 JSW 2.5S MT
      02-16-2017 05:19 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
      I have Mk1s, it's very frustrating when you make an order and everything is listed as in stock or ready to ship. You place the order then the next day or a couple days later you get a call, "Hello this is XXXX from ECS Tuning. I'd like to inform you that part numbers XXXX, XXXX, XXXX and XXXX are not in stock/backordered/NLA. Just FYI if I contact you before the order and you tell me it's available don't take my money then tell me it's not available. Really freaking annoying. Especially when they decide they are going to hold the rest of your order until the other parts arrive (Even if it's months til they get the next one).
      Actually they give you the option of partial shipment or hold until complete. I'm no ECS fanboy and have had several somewhat negative experiences but the positives have far outweighed them, especially since they established a "free shipping" dollar limit. Being in Ohio and having to be hit by sales tax always made it a bittersweet deal when they added shipping. Not anymore...with several VWs I get to free shipping pretty quick and I do appreciate the really full array of products offered.

Vehicles
      99 M3, 17 GTI, 17 Golf Alltrack
      02-16-2017 05:25 PM #70
      I ordered from ECS recently and they shipped so fast I got the items before OP could spell snowflake.

02-16-2017 05:54 PM #71
      I'm willing to bet OP gets his package earlier than he expects and he will be too ashamed to post here that he was wrong all along.

22. 02-16-2017 05:58 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by georgekelp View Post
      I'm willing to bet OP gets his package earlier than he expects and he will be too ashamed to post here that he was wrong all along.
      And we'll never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      '86 QSW, '87 GTi VR6, '01 GTi, '12 Routan, '16 Passat R-line
      02-16-2017 06:09 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by jbx2 View Post
      I was shopping for an iDrive controller for a friend’s BMW and found ECS Tuning had a competitive price. Before placing an order I went on a chat to verify if the part was really in stock and was assured it was in stock and ready for shipment. Placed the order and later in the day received notification that a FedEx label was created. Of course during tracking I notice ECS mentions it takes 24-48 hours for the tracking to become active. So today approximately 24 hours post order I check tracking and it’s still just a created label. Call FedEx and they verify it’s not yet scanned. I get on a chat with Rachel (aka Kelly Ann Conway) and get absolutely nowhere. She insists it’s typical for packages to get picked up from ECS by Fed Ex and not get scanned. I’m calling BS on that story. Why would FedEx touch anything without some form of proof? I’m finished with ECS. They are scamming people by saying an item ships same day. They are scamming people by not telling people nothing happens for 24-48 hours. I have not piled on when I have seen other complaints of ECS’s bad service, but now I understand their dishonest and unseemly practices that lead to bad customer experiences. Ships today means it is in transit not that a label was created. Alternative facts.
      Can you explain your overreaction? You sound like a spoilt brat needing instant gratification. Scam, dishonest, bad service, unseemly practices, Alternative facts. Really??

Also, please let us know when you get your package... if you have the courage to come back.

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      02-17-2017 01:18 AM #74
      Never ordered from them but I'm so sick of entitled, impatient, knowitall customers.

Unless someone has done something malicious or to cost you money due to ignorance then ****ing take a xanax. You didn't have it yesterday, you'll survive without it today and you'll see it someday soon. Don't project your impatience onto other people.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      yes, i am bored by FWD driving dynamics, and anyone who doesn't drive there cars to the limits and the beyond.

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI, 2007 VW GTI (sold), 2013 Infiniti G37x Sedan
      02-17-2017 02:19 AM #75
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast