This is the APR Ultracharger System.
The APR Ultracharger System dramatically increases horsepower and torque, and maximizes the power potential of the 3.0 TFSI. It removes a massive pre-supercharger restriction, allowing uninterrupted airflow into the supercharger for up to an astonishing 542 HP with APR’s Supercharger and Crank Pulleys. Stunning carbon fiber and smooth cast-aluminum adorn the system, creating a clean and simple install that looks just as powerful it is. Finally, APR’s innovative Ultracharger ECU Upgrade delivers a smooth and exciting driving experience, and it is included as a free upgrade to all who own an APR Stage II ECU Upgrade.
The factory throttle body is a massive power-robbing restriction. Its cross-sectional area is ~25% smaller than the supercharger’s inlet, causing airflow to plummet at high supercharger speeds. It’s responsible for losses as high as 33 HP!
The APR Ultracharger Throttle Body is huge. Its cross-sectional area is ~28% larger than stock, and an additional 5% larger than the supercharger’s inlet. It completely eliminates the throttle body as a point of restriction and allows for maximum airflow into the supercharger.
The APR Ultracharger ECU Upgrade
APR’s incredible Ultracharger ECU Upgrade is why it all just works. It delivers an outstanding driving experience, packed with a smooth daily driving, thrilling wide open throttle acceleration, and unmatched performance. It’s our most advanced 3.0 TFSI software to-date, and it’s included as a free upgrade to all who own an APR Stage II ECU Upgrade.
S4 & S5 Ultracharger System
Our Product Page has graphed power and torque figures at the wheels, crank, and gain over stock for each stage and vehicle.
- APR recommends and tuned with Sunoco GT 260 for 100 AKI mode and Sunoco GT 260 Plus for 104 AKI mode. Never use lower octane than specified by the mode.
Audi S4 / S5 (B8)
Stage Fuel Grade Power Torque Gain Over Stock
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 91 AKI / 95 RON 478 HP 426 FTLBS +133 HP +97 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 93 AKI / 98 RON 498 HP 441 FTLBS +154 HP +112 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 100 AKI / 104 RON 530 HP 464 FTLBS +185 HP +135 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 104 AKI / 108 RON 542 HP 472 FTLBS +196 HP +143 FTLBS
Audi S4 / S5 (B8.5)
Stage Fuel Grade Power Torque Gain Over Stock
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 91 AKI / 95 RON 478 HP 429 FTLBS +167 HP +122 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 93 AKI / 98 RON 498 HP 444 FTLBS +187 HP +137 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 100 AKI / 104 RON 530 HP 467 FTLBS +219 HP +160 FTLBS
APR Stage 2+ Ultracharger 104 AKI / 108 RON 541 HP 475 FTLBS +230 HP +168 FTLBS
- Max increases are based on APR's actual measured stock values and not those reported by Audi. | RON = ROW Fuel Grades | AKI = North American (RON+MON)/2 Fuel Grades.
- Reported wheel figures measured using APR's in house dynos using SAE J1349 correction and an average of multiple runs for all figures. Crank figures are estimated based on the measured wheel figures and APR's engine dyno results. Results may vary depending upon environmental conditions, vehicle, transmission, vehicle health, operating conditions, temperatures, fuel grade, dyno type, dyno setup, other variables and other modifications. Results will vary heavily based on dyno conditions, especially with inadequate airflow. For the best results, APR recommends removing the intake snow screen.
B8 / B8.5 S4 / S5
APR Ultracharger System (Includes upgrade from Stage 2 to Stage 2+ Ultra)
You must purchase or currently own APR Stage 1 and Stage 2 software to upgrade to the included Stage 2+ Ultra software. This product will not work without the ECU upgrade.
This upgrade is only applicable to superchargers with a pressed on pulley as shown here.
IMPORTANT PRICING AND AVAILABILITY DETAILS:
- Pricing: Please contact an APR Importer for pricing outside the USA.
- Availability Compatibility: Stages, programs, and features may not be available for all ECUs.
- ECU Revision Notice: Multiple ECU revisions exist for each platform. APR software may be temporarily unavailable when factory updates are applied. An APR dealer can check availability in person, or over the phone if the [url=http://www.goapr.com/support/boxcode.php]ECU
This product is designed for use with APR’s Supercharger Drive and Crank Pulley Upgrades, APR's S Tronic TCU Upgrade, included NGK BKR9EIX plugs gapped @ .024” +/- .002” torqued to 30Nm., and the APR Coolant Performance System. IAT’s must be below 75c to achieve the advertised power figures. A high flow intake system is highly recommended and is required to meet the advertised power figures on the A4/A5/S4/S5/Q5/SQ5. For the best results, APR recommends removing the intake snow screen. At these power levels APR does not recommend use of the factory catalyst. (Always refer to the website for the most up to date product information)