Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mods made to Turbo's and Manifolds

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-07-2017 04:00 PM #1
      Hi, Guy and Gals

I really like all the Welding Fab that goes on here . . and other Custom Fab's and Tweaks .

I have a few I do , so I thought I'd share . .

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-18-2017 10:48 AM #2
      Hit a Speed Bump - I guess - VW Vortex - crashed My ID . .

Staring another Manifold Intake this Time after doing Sleds and 2 Strokes Bikes for a Long time - Started doing 4 stroke
      Bikes and Now Cars .

Click to get the Larger View . .

https://goo.gl/photos/oxGTGcGnDh3XohsV7

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-18-2017 10:53 AM #3
      A Factory Sponsored Yamaha _ Team - Dusted Them . .

Before there were Computers , Cell Phones , Push Button Phones - just Party Lines !

We Rocked the Lakes and the Woods - then the Tracks . .

https://youtu.be/lLGv-l-Zbhk

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-18-2017 09:34 PM #4
      Welded On More Material to allow for a Large Increase of the Inside Tight Turn Radius .
      Stock R is about .450 on the Inside - after - Weld Build Up able to Port Out to Gradual 1.00R Inside on Each Track .
      This allows for a - Nice Tight Boundary Layer of Air to Hug the Inside Radii of - Intake Track Walls ..
      As there is a 2.5" straight Drop out of the Plume to this Area - Air Speed - 125 Mph approx or More .
      If Running a High Boost K16 - Intake Air Speed could Reach 200 Mph .

.450R is for Tumble effect - Not - Performance . .
      https://goo.gl/photos/KtTFvJdJ9AJMmS9Z7
      Last edited by CustomBuilder; 03-19-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-19-2017 04:03 PM #5
      Stage 2 First Pass
      [IMG][/IMG]

Stage 2

second Pass :
      [IMG][/IMG]

Get Ya Porting Done Pronto !

[IMG][/IMG]

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      03-21-2017 09:55 PM #6
      Approx is what's Worth $325.00 a Manifold .

What You guys think doing a Manifold is Worth . . ?

Text Me to make Comments or Request : 423-920-3031

7. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 Jetta Gli
      04-15-2017 01:32 AM #7
      Nice work man. I am doing a pretty popular intake mod right now where you cut and weld a stock mk2 16 valve manifold into a short runner. It will be installed into a mk2 16v jetta gli with a twinscrew charger. There will be a lot of fab involved. I am making alot of stuff, and port matching everything. Just finished port matching intake flange to head, need to do some minor finishing touches to the intake ports. Plus I just started opening up the exhaust side. Looks like there is a lot of room for improvement on the ports of these early heads. I will also be running an AWIC setup, and possibly watermeth in the future if I decide to crank it up. I also machined out a throttle body spacer, and am working on a serpentine belt crank pulley spacer right now. Would really like to make a phenolic spacer for the intake manifold.

Oh and my big awesome idea is that I want to make or buy an aluminum racing radiator (a nice one, pretty thick), then I want to get another aluminum heat exchanger of the same size but slimmer as it will be used as my AWIC setups water heat-exchanger. Then I will entirely jacket and shroud the two cores together and run my dual low profile electric fans on the shroud. I have even considered running a push / pull fan setup on it but it seems like a bit much. If it proves to need more airflow I will add a front shroud and more fans later on.

Anyway, I have a lot of things I am working on at once. As I am trying to get as much as I can done in the meantime until I am able to order all the parts I need. But I will post some pics in the near future. Maybe link it to a build thread. Sounds like a good idea now, but I desperately need to sort through, back up, and reformat everything. Which is quite a large project in itself.

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      04-16-2017 08:24 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Union Forge View Post
      Nice work man. I am doing a pretty popular intake mod right now where you cut and weld a stock mk2 16 valve manifold into a short runner. It will be installed into a mk2 16v jetta gli with a twinscrew charger. There will be a lot of fab involved. I am making alot of stuff, and port matching everything. Just finished port matching intake flange to head, need to do some minor finishing touches to the intake ports. Plus I just started opening up the exhaust side. Looks like there is a lot of room for improvement on the ports of these early heads. I will also be running an AWIC setup, and possibly watermeth in the future if I decide to crank it up. I also machined out a throttle body spacer, and am working on a serpentine belt crank pulley spacer right now. Would really like to make a phenolic spacer for the intake manifold.

Oh and my big awesome idea is that I want to make or buy an aluminum racing radiator (a nice one, pretty thick), then I want to get another aluminum heat exchanger of the same size but slimmer as it will be used as my AWIC setups water heat-exchanger. Then I will entirely jacket and shroud the two cores together and run my dual low profile electric fans on the shroud. I have even considered running a push / pull fan setup on it but it seems like a bit much. If it proves to need more airflow I will add a front shroud and more fans later on.

Anyway, I have a lot of things I am working on at once. As I am trying to get as much as I can done in the meantime until I am able to order all the parts I need. But I will post some pics in the near future. Maybe link it to a build thread. Sounds like a good idea now, but I desperately need to sort through, back up, and reformat everything. Which is quite a large project in itself.
      Same Goes for the Harley Guys & Truck Mods - -- Their all Way to Busy to do what I do , so I give them High Quality Work , and sometimes Exchange Services . .

If Your able to Spend all that Time & Time = Money

1. I'd Build in a Water Jacketed - Intercooler - in the Top Half and 4 Core Coolant Rad into the Bottom Half ..
      Separate Pump & Fans - Air to Water - Heat Exchange . . 4 Core on the Eng. Coolant as it is Smaller in Sq. Inches
      and Needs to have - Incoming Air Shrouds !

Vehicles
      VW - CC
      04-16-2017 08:26 AM #9
      Same Goes for the Harley Guys & Truck Mods - -- Their all Way to Busy to do what I do , so I give them High Quality Work , and sometimes Exchange Services . .

If Your able to Spend all that Time & Time = Money

1. I'd Build in a Water Jacketed - Intercooler - in the Top Half and 4 Core Coolant Rad into the Bottom Half ..
      Separate Pump & Fans - Air to Water - Heat Exchange . . 4 Core on the Eng. Coolant as it is Smaller in Sq. Inches
      and Needs to have - Incoming Air Shrouds !

Text Me 423-92--3031 Text

For advertising information click HERE