Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colour indecision 2017 Mustang

03-18-2017 05:13 PM #101
      Grabber Blue. Believe me.

Vehicles
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      03-18-2017 05:28 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Hey, by TCL standards the Mustang V6 is a better car than a Golf R. More HP, more cylinders, and RWD.
      It's no GTI, but evidently the OP thinks it's better than his expensive BMW, otherwise he wouldn't be buying one.
      Last edited by NoXenons; 03-18-2017 at 05:49 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 2008 Mazda3 GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      03-18-2017 05:51 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by MGQ View Post

I actually traded in a V8 Mustang for it. I just don't really like how the new V6 pony cars feel to drive. They don't live up to the numbers. You can tell yourself "well it's a 300 horsepower car", but they just feel like sleds. maybe it's the gearing, I don't know.
      Or the weight.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Hey, by TCL standards the Mustang V6 is a better car than a Golf R. More HP, more cylinders, and RWD.
      Hmmm... Ross is prolific TCL contributor, which by definition makes him a TCLer... so the V6 Mustang being better is actually YOUR standards, right?
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      I don't think anyone would argue against the V8 being the better car. It's also 50% more expensive (in cash, in finance, in lease) than the V6 that OP's buying. That's a huge price/payment difference.
      Bingo. If it weren't for the huge price premium, I would not even think about the V6.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Panache, bruh.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      03-18-2017 06:09 PM #104
      I would actually like to take a new base V6 manual Mustang- to see what's what.
      Steering feel is probably poor, but the brakes, chassis and engine/tranny should be good.
      You can always upgrade the suspension later if it needs to be stiffened.
      The V6 in the Mustang sounds great.
      Hmm.. how much are base 2015 V6 mustangs going for now?
      "I owe it to myself, and to my choir students, to not be upset about barns."

Vehicles
      1960 Euro Bug, 1992 Golf VR6, 82 Caddy Diesel, 87 Cabby, etc
      03-19-2017 10:57 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      I feel like I'm very close to ordering a 2017 Mustang but I can't decide on the colour combo.

and apparently I don't know how to make a poll

Grabber blue with black racing stripes
      White with black racing stripes
      Grabber blue, but I'm partial. That color is what got me to finally buy my first brand new car(and I was like 36 or 37 when I bought it, not 20 lol).
      70k miles later, no regrets.
      Friend of mine was saying this is probably the year to get, with next year getting a 10spd automatic and direct injection, there's some reliability fears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

6. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-19-2017 11:14 AM #106
      Bingo. If it weren't for the huge price premium, I would not even think about the V6.
      This. For the price of a modestly equipped Golf you can have a 300 hp RWD coupe with IRS. With the turbo 4 you have the option of the track pack to boot. It's a very compelling argument for a non-V8 Mustang.

Would I rather have a Coyote powered one? Absolutely. Is it worth the extra $12,000 (Canadian) that it would cost the OP? That's between each individual and his or her wallet.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Vehicles
      Ls1 E36, 13 Focus
      03-19-2017 11:28 AM #107
      How about a used 1 year old GT?

I see quite a few on Kijiji. Only issue would be that there aren't very many used White or Grabber blue MT GTs...
      Past: 94 Jetta, 89 Accord (beater), 97 Jetta GT, 91 Mazda 626 (beater), 02 Audi A4, 07 Civic (commuter), 06 BMW 330i, 12 GTI

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 11:47 AM #108

Yes. *flamesuit engage* I paid a lot of coin for my GT and I both rarely use the full capability of the car nor do I like paying for it. The V6 doesn't get much better gas mileage, but it makes the car a little lighter and your wallet a bit heavier. I would get a V6 PP if I could do it over.

I also don't see the point of the Ecoboost over the V6 besides available options.
      You're still paying on it?
      Yeah, I probably paid similar coin for mine too. Do you have the appearance package?

All in, taxes, fees, blah blah I financed $33k and gave them my 93 Passat with a street value of $500.. Zero percent financing, so other than giving them the Passat I was nothing out of pocket.

V6? Even though rated at a healthy 300 something hp, they still feel gutless. My dad had one as a rental car and he let me drive it. I went from excited to "this thing sucks".

I'd pay more for a v8 over a 6 anyday. Compared to what my car cost, at the time a base V6 was $24k and a base GT was 27K. What made mine cost what it did was the "appearance package" which is just nicer interior trim and some ambient lighting. The car I bought was the first car I test drove. After the test drive I thought about it for a few days and test drove a base GT that would have been much cheaper.
      I ran the numbers on the payments, and decided that even though the payment on the base model was a lot cheaper, it would still be a lot of money. And 6 months in after the new car excitement wore off I would be pissed off I was paying 400 something a month for a car with blah trim and flat cloth seats.
      So same for a V6 vs v8.

As far as the ecoboost goes, the big advantage of the ecoboost over the V6 is it actually has POTENTIAL. It already has a lot of aftermarket support unlike the V6, and NMRA actually has Ecoboost class shootouts for OE equipped and swapped ecoboost cars. And they are hauling ass.

Last edited by BoostedOne; 03-19-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Vehicles
      '12 Jetta GLI
      03-19-2017 11:47 AM #109
      BLACK and no bs stripes
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhine
      Power sliding is not worth it, I realized I was addicted and have taken up a much healthier safer hobby called high school girls

Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-19-2017 11:54 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Brimjolt View Post
      BLACK and no bs stripes
      Black is not a color.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 12:03 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by jai5 View Post
      How about a used 1 year old GT?

I see quite a few on Kijiji. Only issue would be that there aren't very many used White or Grabber blue MT GTs...
      Depends on the deal you can find, and unless you are paying cash, Ford will probably have financing that is much cheaper in the long run on the new one than you will save by paying a few k less and a higher rate on a used one..

And you are correct about finding one. When they changed the body style for 13, I could have sold my 12 GT Manual trans for more than I paid for it. Most GB cars were v6.
      When I bought mine I was hoping to pin the local dealers against each other. Turns out there were only two GB GT 6 speeds in the state of Florida(both at the dealership I bought mine from), next closest one was in Kentucky.

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 12:16 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by BoostedOne View Post
      You're still paying on it?
      Yeah, I probably paid similar coin for mine too. Do you have the appearance package?

All in, taxes, fees, blah blah I financed $33k and gave them my 93 Passat with a street value of $500.. Zero percent financing, so other than giving them the Passat I was nothing out of pocket.

V6? Even though rated at a healthy 300 something hp, they still feel gutless. My dad had one as a rental car and he let me drive it. I went from excited to "this thing sucks".

I'd pay more for a v8 over a 6 anyday. Compared to what my car cost, at the time a base V6 was $24k and a base GT was 27K. What made mine cost what it did was the "appearance package" which is just nicer interior trim and some ambient lighting. The car I bought was the first car I test drove. After the test drive I thought about it for a few days and test drove a base GT that would have been much cheaper.
      I ran the numbers on the payments, and decided that even though the payment on the base model was a lot cheaper, it would still be a lot of money. And 6 months in after the new car excitement wore off I would be pissed off I was paying 400 something a month for a car with blah trim and flat cloth seats.
      So same for a V6 vs v8.

As far as the ecoboost goes, the big advantage of the ecoboost over the V6 is it actually has POTENTIAL. It already has a lot of aftermarket support unlike the V6, and NMRA actually has Ecoboost class shootouts for OE equipped and swapped ecoboost cars. And they are hauling ass.

Paid cash. Brembos, glass roof, rear camera, no nav, 401A, HIDs.

Your post only really applies to the US (at the time) however as Canada only got GT Premiums, thus the high price differential. I would have loved to pay <$35k CAD for a base GT with cloth seats if they were available. Also would have loved to get Recaros which only became available in 2013.
      Panache, bruh.
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      Ls1 E36, 13 Focus
      03-19-2017 12:41 PM #113
      I like this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/h...ationFlag=true

It's not a colour I would get but it's just as bright as the grabber blue...close enough?
      Past: 94 Jetta, 89 Accord (beater), 97 Jetta GT, 91 Mazda 626 (beater), 02 Audi A4, 07 Civic (commuter), 06 BMW 330i, 12 GTI

Vehicles
      Fusion Hybrid
      03-19-2017 12:42 PM #114
      at least right now on the Ford.ca configurator you can build a grabber blue GT with no options for 40k flat with destination included and -$500 delivery allowance. That's actually cheaper than the 33k base GT on the US site when you figure current exchange rate.
      Press hard, you're making four copies.

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 01:16 PM #115
      Paid cash. Brembos, glass roof, rear camera, no nav, 401A, HIDs.

Your post only really applies to the US (at the time) however as Canada only got GT Premiums, thus the high price differential. I would have loved to pay <$35k CAD for a base GT with cloth seats if they were available. Also would have loved to get Recaros which only became available in 2013.
      In theory maybe. But I never seen a Grabber Blue in our years as a GT that was a base GT. Mines a Premium, just no brembos, camera or glass roof. Note what I said when I planned to work different dealers against each other. Lol. Went on Fords website to find dealers with a grabber blue GT manual, 2 in Florida, next closest, Kentucky. Kona Blue, there were dozens.
      I'm happy though. The glass roof looks super cool, but I can live without it. Backup camera I always thought was a waste, but do wish I had one in this car, or some better mirrors.. I can swing my dually backwards into a parking spot with only a few inches on each side in one shot with perfection. The Mustang is 50/50 chance im centered and straight

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 2-door base DBP
      03-20-2017 01:57 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by jai5 View Post
      "Executive Driven"?? What's that supposed to mean? Driven by Jeffrey Skilling? That instills such calm and confidence.
      Let them eat cake...

03-20-2017 05:57 AM #117
      They shouldn't offer grabber blue or stripes on the v6 IMO. If you are going to be a poser, then you get white, and lexus gold.

Vehicles
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      03-20-2017 07:59 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      They shouldn't offer grabber blue or stripes on the v6 IMO. If you are going to be a poser, then you get white, and lexus gold.
      Holy ****... now driving a 300hp Mustang instead of a 400hp one makes you a "poser..." wow.

It's not like OP's putting 5.0 badges on the fenders and lights in the grille.

Vehicles
      03-20-2017 08:22 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Holy ****... now driving a 300hp Mustang instead of a 400hp one makes you a "poser..." wow.

It's not like OP's putting 5.0 badges on the fenders and lights in the grille.
      Lol, saw this one day at the doctors office. Love the owners honesty.

Vehicles
      2011 128i
      03-20-2017 11:46 AM #120
      so it's looking like grabber blue but I think I'm going to hold off another year.
      Quote Originally Posted by westopher View Post
      If you want to spend a bunch of money for something to look at, buy a painting. I'll happily drive my car til its worth nothing.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Since my presence has been requested, Beetlejuice-style, I'll address the current controversy:
      Yes, the Prius is the greatest car ever made.

Vehicles
      03-20-2017 11:58 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by MGQ View Post
      at least right now on the Ford.ca configurator you can build a grabber blue GT with no options for 40k flat with destination included and -$500 delivery allowance. That's actually cheaper than the 33k base GT on the US site when you figure current exchange rate.
      Doesn't change the fact that a V6 is $12k cheaper.
      Quote Originally Posted by BoostedOne View Post
      In theory maybe. But I never seen a Grabber Blue in our years as a GT that was a base GT. Mines a Premium, just no brembos, camera or glass roof. Note what I said when I planned to work different dealers against each other. Lol. Went on Fords website to find dealers with a grabber blue GT manual, 2 in Florida, next closest, Kentucky. Kona Blue, there were dozens.
      I'm happy though. The glass roof looks super cool, but I can live without it. Backup camera I always thought was a waste, but do wish I had one in this car, or some better mirrors.. I can swing my dually backwards into a parking spot with only a few inches on each side in one shot with perfection. The Mustang is 50/50 chance im centered and straight

The backup camera is a must with these, IMO.
      Panache, bruh.

Vehicles
      03-20-2017 11:59 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      so it's looking like grabber blue but I think I'm going to hold off another year.
      Hopefully it is still around then.
      Panache, bruh.

Vehicles
      2011 128i
      03-20-2017 12:39 PM #123
      Hopefully it is still around then.
      yep
      If you want to spend a bunch of money for something to look at, buy a painting. I'll happily drive my car til its worth nothing.
      Since my presence has been requested, Beetlejuice-style, I'll address the current controversy:

Vehicles
      Hondas
      03-20-2017 02:34 PM #124
      Grabber Blue really sticks out if that is what you want. I would go with Magnetic personally.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

Vehicles
      2011 128i
      03-20-2017 03:16 PM #125
      I understand that a lot of you like magnetic, but my current car is the same colour and i dont want two cars in a row the same colour!

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast