VWVortex.com - And its goodnight from me....
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: And its goodnight from me....

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 vw Phaeton 3.0v6 TDI
      03-17-2017 05:23 PM #1
      Well... wont be long now... I expect to be dropping my car at local VW dealer on Wednesday and collecting a cheque...

In advance I had to get a new set of wheels and decided that as the kids are now old enough to not need any paraphernalia I can finally get the convertible that I have always wanted but has never been practical enough at the time. In addition to a change of role at work and a car allowance I decided to follow both my head and my heart.. Today I put a deposit down on a 2004 Volvo C70 2.4 LPT convertible.... Head because its cheap, reliable(I took a same engined V70 to 248K miles 8 years ago), easy and cheap to fix if needed with few complex "bits". Heart because it's a good looking, relatively quick if needed convertible that I've always thought I'd like to own at some point. I'm going to let the car allowance build up with whats left of the P cheque for 12-18 months or until I get fed up with the C70 so I will have a nice nest egg for the next car.

Its been a blast and I will have a set of 17" Inspirations and a genuine VCDS cable for sale that aren't going in with it if anyone interested...

I'm sure I'll pop by every now and then to see whats happening as I have really enjoyed my time in a very very underrated car... just a shame they can't keep the paint on the doors!!!

Ian
      Entwisi

2005 VW Phaeton 3.0 V6 TDI, Honda Varadero XL1000, Moto Guzzi Mille GT

Vehicles
      2007/VW/Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI
      03-17-2017 05:37 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
      Well... wont be long now... I expect to be dropping my car at local VW dealer on Wednesday and collecting a cheque...

In advance I had to get a new set of wheels and decided that as the kids are now old enough to not need any paraphernalia I can finally get the convertible that I have always wanted but has never been practical enough at the time. In addition to a change of role at work and a car allowance I decided to follow both my head and my heart.. Today I put a deposit down on a 2004 Volvo C70 2.4 LPT convertible.... Head because its cheap, reliable(I took a same engined V70 to 248K miles 8 years ago), easy and cheap to fix if needed with few complex "bits". Heart because it's a good looking, relatively quick if needed convertible that I've always thought I'd like to own at some point. I'm going to let the car allowance build up with whats left of the P cheque for 12-18 months or until I get fed up with the C70 so I will have a nice nest egg for the next car.

Its been a blast and I will have a set of 17" Inspirations and a genuine VCDS cable for sale that aren't going in with it if anyone interested...

I'm sure I'll pop by every now and then to see whats happening as I have really enjoyed my time in a very very underrated car... just a shame they can't keep the paint on the doors!!!

Ian
      Hi Ian.
      Well good luck with your new car.
      Have you any spare parts for sale?
      Wiken

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton 4.2L V8 LWB 4 Seater Klavierlack Black and Sonnen Beige with Chestnut wood
      03-17-2017 07:38 PM #3

Ian
      Hey there Ian,
      Sorry to see you go!! I am sure that I'm not the only one to see you go. Please feel free to drop by and continue to share your knowledge.

How much do you want for the VCDS cable?

-John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2005 Volkswagen Phaeton 4Motion 4.2L 335 HP V8 LWB 4-Seater Klavierlack Black with Sonnen Beige Perforated Leather, 18'' Performance rims, and Comfort, Cold Weather, and Technology Package with extended Chestnut wood trim and almost 220,000 kms. My Build Sheet
      It took me across the continent no problem at all! Check out my road trip here

Vehicles
      2017/17 Infiniti Q70 Premium
      03-18-2017 03:51 AM #4
      Good luck with the new one. Volvo's are super tough. As per my previous post, my P had to go as my job ended and after a few calculations a brand new Infiniti Q70 was going to cost less to lease and run than the P was costing just to run.
      Regards
      Tim
      Gone But Not Forgotten. 1981 Saab 99 Turbo, 1989 Ford Sierra 2.9i V6 4x4, 1997 Nissan 200SX, 1995 TVR Chimaera 400, 1994 BMW 525i 24v, 2000 Alfa Romeo 166 TS Lusso, 2008 VW Phaeton 3.0TDI 240.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 3.2 V6
      03-19-2017 11:09 AM #5
      I'd like to thankyou for all your invaluable advice of the past few years. Best of luck with the new wheels.
      Tim

Vehicles
      2014 3.0TDI Phaeton; 2009 1.4 Tiguan;2013 Take Up!
      03-19-2017 01:25 PM #6
      Well Ian - very sorry to see you go... especially as the nearest Phaeton owner to me that I know of.....

I'm sure (as before) you'll be better at spotting me round and about than I will you.... be sure to give me a wave and a honk ...

Best of luck.

M
      Ex member of Le Club 2P

7. Member
      Vehicles
      03-20-2017 09:08 AM #7
      Cheers guys..

@Phaetonjohn, I'm looking for ~ 250 GBP plus postage, the latter may make it not worth your while for the transatlantic journey it would need to make.

@Mike... weirdly I still haven't seen you around in that new machine of yours...

I picked the Volvo up on Sunday and its not a bad car by any chalk but it does make you realise how much a P isolates you from the road and world around you. just can't wait for the sun to come out so I can drop the top...
      Entwisi

8. 03-20-2017 09:42 AM #8
      The sun?? In Accrington???

Vehicles
      03-20-2017 10:32 AM #9

@Mike... weirdly I still haven't seen you around in that new machine of yours... .
      Not new any more... had it for over a year... and just about to put the summer boots back on. Probably for the last time... that'll take off the remaining tread and I can go back to the much smoother 17" rims I'm keeping for it... also Inspirations!

I picked the Volvo up on Sunday and its not a bad car by any chalk but it does make you realise how much a P isolates you from the road and world around you. just can't wait for the sun to come out so I can drop the top...
      For some reason I've been noticing again how quiet and smooth the Phaeton is... I think for many years I started taking it for granted... but just recently I've fallen in love again. Hope the Volvo continues to be satisfactory...
      Last edited by n968412L; 03-20-2017 at 10:32 AM. Reason: illiteracy
      Ex member of Le Club 2P

Vehicles
      03-20-2017 10:37 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by invisiblewave View Post
      It does rain sometimes... but that's just an excuse to go and sit in a pub and have some of the proper local bitter.... so it's good here whatever the weather.

M
      Ex member of Le Club 2P

Vehicles
      2007/VW/Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI
      03-20-2017 12:56 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by n968412L View Post
      It does rain sometimes... but that's just an excuse to go and sit in a pub and have some of the proper local bitter.... so it's good here whatever the weather.

M
      Well Ian, you don't have to worry about the kessy when it's raining. I'm s***ing bricks when it's raining here in Sweden, and that's a lot. I can almost rebrick my house by now. But it's actually not leaking.
      Good luck, and pop into the forum once in a while.
      Wiken 😁

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton V10 swb 4-seat, Jeep XK Commander Hemi, SY Stavic 4x4, SY KJ Korando, Mercedes W168
      03-24-2017 10:37 AM #12
      Hi Ian,

I look forward to seeing you back here when you pick that next "I really miss it" Phaeton in a year or two!

All the best,
      Chris
      -- I just bought a Phaeton. How do I..............................-- Upgrades, modifications, pampering
      -- Colours, factory options, reviews...............................-- Technical Reference
      -- Troubleshooting.................................................. ....-- See the TOC/FAQ (Index) for more details

Vehicles
      03-24-2017 12:33 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by invisiblewave View Post
      Completely clear blue skies all day. Bright sunshine. Made me put the summer wheels on!

M
      Ex member of Le Club 2P

14. Member
      Vehicles
      03-27-2017 12:33 PM #14
      Well, shes gone... dropped off at Lookers this morning..

I know what you mean Paximus... There is one for sale on the Facebook group that looks perfect for me at 7.5K but I think I need a break away to really appreciate coming back... although as a real petrolhead there are just soo many cars I would like to own it feels like getting another P would be wasting time I could be ticking a box in something else..

I probably will pop in every now and then and to reiterate I have a genuine VCDS cable, a set of 17" Inspirations with all season tyres ( ~ 3mm tread ) , a 6 CD changer unit, a Solisto basic ( 3.5mm input ) all up for sale..

Plus if anyone wants to collect them I have a couple of REALLY horrible 19" Helios wheels that I'd be happy to give away for full size spares or just as an emergency wheel in case of punctures... no tyres on them, bare wheels.. MUST be collected from Accrington though, I'm not messing with couriers and the like.

Ian
      Entwisi

15. 03-28-2017 02:58 PM #15
      I'm still waiting for a photo of this alleged sighting of the sun in Accrington. Sorry for your loss.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2017 11:48 AM #16
      VCDS now sold

Still available,

Solisto Basic ( 30 quid takes it)
      4 17" Inspirations with centre caps, all seasons fitted with 2.5-3mm tread
      FREE - 19" scabby horrible Helios wheels, perfect for an emergency wheel/spare, no tyres, collection only!!!
      Entwisi

For advertising information click HERE