Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MK5 Rabbit Valeo LED Tail Light Problems

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI, 99 3.2TL, 98 Corolla
      03-18-2017 10:57 AM #1
      Bought some LED tails and I'm having problems with them. Currently no error on the dash, but the lights are all screwed up. I started a thread on it in the VAG-COM section hoping it was just a coding issue. If any of you have input, please help! Attached is a link to my original thread and a video of what they look like.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...#post104085465

Video:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzf...tqYVUyQkk/view

2. 03-18-2017 11:52 PM #2
      I wanted to help but I can't view ur video for some reason. Did u try them without the harness. They should operate similar to normal. If they do at least ur know it's not the lights. Simply a wiring problem. No coding should be needed.lmk. aaaaloha.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      NeKeN

3. 03-18-2017 11:58 PM #3
      Saw the video.really odd. The thing that doesn't really add up is why both sides do relatively the same thing. Try the oem ones again after u try without the harness from ecs. If they work ok then it's the lights themselves. Where did u get them from?

NeKeN

4. 03-19-2017 02:48 AM #4
      So yeah. If ur oem lights work fine still, then u know it's not the wiring up to the ecs euro harness. If you plug the euro led lights with no ecs harness they should operate similar to normal with a few differences like amber outside ring instead of red. Should be relatively easy to narrow down because if they don't flash and act all crazy without the ecs harness, then u know u have a bad harness. If they still do. Probably and internal problem with the lights.

NeKeN

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 11:28 PM #5
      Thanks for the response! Sorry, been really busy the last day and a half. They were even more retarded when I just plugged them in with no harness. Some LEDs were out, some were yellow, some were red, some strobed. I think the lights are screwed. The kid I bought them from said he had no problems with them. Just some random kid parting out his totaled car on Instagram that I randomly came across. I believe him, I think they got messed up in shipping. He said his dad shipped them. Doesn't really matter to me, whoever shipped them packaged them very poorly. I also found it odd though that the LEDs that are out are almost in the same spot on both tail lights. I'll contact him to ship them back and get a refund.

6. 03-20-2017 04:30 AM #6
      I would. It's definitely the source bro. Circuit probably got knocked loose in transit. Aaaaloha.

NeKeN

7. 03-20-2017 04:32 AM #7
      Both sides doing almost identical behavior is screwey but not impossible. If there is a weak spot they probably both broke.

NeKeN

Vehicles
      03-21-2017 08:48 PM #8
      Just because the guy got his "VW buddies" involved I tried them again, but this time on my GTI. The LEDs are sporadic. These pictures are with the harness installed and the tails properly coded...? Mind you, I get all kinds of flickering.

For advertising information click HERE