06-13-2017 10:59 AM #278
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      Some recent shots from a close friend;

Snake in the grass. Nice

Vehicles
      '13 BMW 750i, '16 Mazda Miata, '13 Viper GTS
      06-13-2017 11:00 AM #279
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, how powerful is the pressure washer you are using on the car? I'd like to buy one of these for around the house, but if I can also use it to help wash the car, it would be a bonus.
      I believe its a 3000psi, 2.8gpm unit.

From what I was told by the pros, to get proper foam, you need at least 2500psi. It will foam with less, but it wont be as thick.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly88MPH View Post
      I just bought this one. Cheapest Home Depot has. While i'm sure its not the best quality, it does the trick of washing my car just fine so far. You can safely go a little higher pressure too from what I've read.

I was also told to stay well clear of cheap electrics. They are weak in output, and break more often than not. They are super convenient though in regards to not having to keep fuel.

I have had my ~$300 home depot gas unit for almost 3 years using it 1-2 times per month and it has never skipped a beat. I have used friends electrics and they are absolutely night/day compared to mine (much much weaker).

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly88MPH View Post
      The car looks incredible.

One thing that I always think about with these crazy details is rattles. Doesn't pulling so many little pieces apart for cleaning increase the chance of annoying rattles down the road?
      It all had to be assembled at one point, so it can be dis-assembled and assembled again. If done properly, I've never had an issue. I do shy away from taking things in the interior apart, unless I have all new fresh fasteners/clips.

Quote Originally Posted by d.tek View Post
      Orrrr his detailer just got some awesome images to help promote his business?

I am intrigued by the ceramic coating, and want to do it to my S2000; I feel like it might be too expensive, but the idea of basic washes might make it worth it.
      He could care less about promoting his business (in regards to my crappy cell photos and car) haha. He has million dollar exotics in there and he's quite a photographer himself.

We were helping each other out. He was teaching me new stuff (which i love), and I was lending him a hand so he could focus on work that actually made him money.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      06-13-2017 11:16 AM #280
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      I believe its a 3000psi, 2.8gpm unit.

From what I was told by the pros, to get proper foam, you need at least 2500psi. It will foam with less, but it wont be as thick.
      Ok, cool thanks! I have a standard foam gun that I just hook up to the hose and while it works, the foam isn't all that thick. It looks like when you are ready to rinse the car off, you just use the water gun/wand that came with the pressure washer, without the foam cannon hooked up, correct? I was looking at some options around 3k psi, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the finished with too much pressure---either applying the soap or rinsing it off.

Vehicles
      06-13-2017 11:30 AM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Ok, cool thanks! I have a standard foam gun that I just hook up to the hose and while it works, the foam isn't all that thick. It looks like when you are ready to rinse the car off, you just use the water gun/wand that came with the pressure washer, without the foam cannon hooked up, correct? I was looking at some options around 3k psi, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the finished with too much pressure---either applying the soap or rinsing it off.
      Don't be afraid of it, it will not harm anything. 2 Rules;

1. Always stay at least 12 inches away from the surface when using the pressure washer
      2. Always use the softest nozzle when spraying paint (usually the white 40deg unit)

7. 06-13-2017 12:31 PM #282
      SlowHatch I love all your threads. Thanks for putting in the time to show us the great lengths you go to keep your rides clean and well maintained.

My question is what size spacer are you running and how are the ET lug nuts "holding" up.

Also do you recall the amount of complete turns you got with the spacers and ET lug nuts?

Vehicles
      17 GTI Sport
      06-14-2017 10:29 AM #284
      History | C7 Z51 | GT86 | 987.1 | S197 | W126 | EM1 | GVR4

Vehicles
      06-14-2017 10:49 AM #285
      Quote Originally Posted by S197Jay View Post
      SlowHatch I love all your threads. Thanks for putting in the time to show us the great lengths you go to keep your rides clean and well maintained.

My question is what size spacer are you running and how are the ET lug nuts "holding" up.

Also do you recall the amount of complete turns you got with the spacers and ET lug nuts?

I am running .450" slip on hubcentric up front, and a slip on .375" hubcentric in the rear.

ET nuts typically buy back a little over .300" worth of thread engagement. I do not recall the turns but I am well within a safe range. Typically, if you look at a contact force distribution on a thread form, the first 2 pitches carry 90% of the load. Hence why typical design manuals call for a standard 4 threads (pitches) worth of engagement at minimum from a threaded fastener. This is around .200" worth of thread engagement in my 1/2-20 case, and I am WELL above that.

Vehicles
      '17 Scat Pack Manuel / '01 Camaro SS Manuel
      06-14-2017 11:47 AM #286
      Amazing photographer is amazing. I would love to see the raw images before any photoshopping had been done. That is if any has been done. I am just amazed at how well he photographed that color.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112