VWVortex.com - a S8 followed me home on St. paddys ........... mild s8 build
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: a S8 followed me home on St. paddys ........... mild s8 build

1. 03-20-2017 06:29 PM #1
      Picked this up march 17th..... plans are to get it tuned up and back into tip top shape then toss some mild mods at it. Don't know much about the car at this time aside from running the vag-com full scan on it and putting it on my lift to check the underside. But that will change soon......

didn't really want a black car but this one is in great shape so i pulled the trigger

i did however really want this interior package so that was a mega bonus

more to come

2. 03-22-2017 12:38 PM #2
      nothing like owning a used Audi......... the fun has began about 300 miles into owning the car this paid me a visit...........

1 Fault Found:

008569 - Bank 2; System Too Lean off Idle
      P2179 - 001 - - MIL ON
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 11100001
      Fault Priority: 0
      Fault Frequency: 4
      Reset counter: 255
      Mileage: 139617 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2017.03.17
      Time: 17:25:47

ordered the Bentley for the car so in the mean time i am off to google for research ..........

3. 03-29-2017 02:19 PM #3
      found a bit of a hidden mod not mentioned when i bought the car.........

looks like the previews owner had some kind of inline display mod done to the car, so far i have figured out how to get video but not sound .......

time for its first visit to the lift..... sure it will see a bit of hang time over the next few months

this exhaust system is intense, at some point ill put something a bit more free flowing in but for now just looking for leaks

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat 2007 Audi A8L
      03-29-2017 10:04 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by carsluTT View Post
      found a bit of a hidden mod not mentioned when i bought the car.........

looks like the previews owner had some kind of inline display mod done to the car, so far i have figured out how to get video but not sound .......

time for its first visit to the lift..... sure it will see a bit of hang time over the next few months

this exhaust system is intense, at some point ill put something a bit more free flowing in but for now just looking for leaks

Nice pick up. I have an 07 and when my check engine light came on it was a nightmare. Ended being a fuel injector. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

5. 03-30-2017 12:03 AM #5
      hay hifigli, nice to see you have been thru the joys of these cars. Mind explaining how you determine it was a bad injector for your car? seems the code i am getting can go a million different ways. My first plan is to pull the intake manifold, clean/reseal it then change the spark plugs before moving onto hunting for vacuum leaks. i have read a bit on situations where injectors were bad but not much on how guys got to that point. I ordered the Bentley but its taking the slowest path possible to my door so for now i am stuck with searching the web for tips/tricks.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      04-05-2017 10:27 PM #6
      hay hifigli, nice to see you have been thru the joys of these cars. Mind explaining how you determine it was a bad injector for your car? seems the code i am getting can go a million different ways. My first plan is to pull the intake manifold, clean/reseal it then change the spark plugs before moving onto hunting for vacuum leaks. i have read a bit on situations where injectors were bad but not much on how guys got to that point. I ordered the Bentley but its taking the slowest path possible to my door so for now i am stuck with searching the web for tips/tricks.
      I took it to dealer. I changed plugs and coils. Then the car under load the check engine light would flash and slight hesitation. After paying several indy shops said screw it. Took to dealer and it was cyc 6 had it replace and refurbished the other 3 on that side. After a week number 5 went. Swapped the rest of the injectors and trouble free ever since. Knock on wood

7. 04-08-2017 11:07 AM #7
      so far this car has been great, i just drove it from LA to Denver non stop with zero issues. along the trip i did discover plenty of items needing attention but nothing too major.

no something i am having trouble with is updating the nav system. i bought the 2015-2016 disk for the mmi 2g system and the system can see the disk knows its more recent but when i hit yes to update the system hangs at 0% until the car times out and gives up.

i also got a 3rd party Bluetooth module so i can paly music directly into the MMI system. it works okay but needs a power source so ill have to install an switched 12v usb for it.

Before hitting the road i got some weather tech floor mats and trunk mat. odd thing is weather tech didn't have mats for the rear seat only front, ill contact them when i get home about this issue. but i am super happy with the front mats they fit great and i no longer worry about making a mess on the carpet.

before leaving on the trip i ordered a lot of parts to service teh car but ecs wasn't able to get the box to me before i left so this trip started off with a simple visual inspection and crossed fingers. so far all has been well but i look forward to getting the hood open and doing a lot of service work on this car.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-09-2017 04:01 AM #8
      Glad to hear the car is running well. I don't use my car nav. I have aftermarket bluetooth and just use my phone.

9. 04-15-2017 11:06 PM #9
      took deliver of the Bluetooth adapter for the AIM system. i went with an bluestream Bluetooth adapter that connects directly into the AIM port in the glove box. so far it works great aside from one issue, it needs power fed to it. I plan to install an ignition switched USB port into the glove box to power it.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      04-23-2017 01:18 PM #10
      took deliver of the Bluetooth adapter for the AIM system. i went with an bluestream Bluetooth adapter that connects directly into the AIM port in the glove box. so far it works great aside from one issue, it needs power fed to it. I plan to install an ignition switched USB port into the glove box to power it.

How is the bluetooth working out?
      I am in the process of picking out new wheels hopefully this week i will pull the trigger

11. 04-24-2017 05:37 PM #11
      so far my phone is happy seeing 2 Bluetooth systems and using them at the same time. the MMI also does a good job switching between the 2. aside from needing to supply power to the Bluetooth adapter its a easy install.

i did discover today the weather-tech drivers side floor mat needs to be trimmed. i cant get the car to down shift properly when going WOT. ill get the car into the shop and look into the issue more but at a glance it looks like the high rim on the mat is catching the back of the accelerator pedal and stopping it from moving all the way to the floor.

so happy to not have a paper plate on the car......

grabbed a quick Easter photo before brunch

Last edited by carsluTT; 04-25-2017 at 10:29 AM.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      04-27-2017 09:19 PM #12
      so far my phone is happy seeing 2 Bluetooth systems and using them at the same time. the MMI also does a good job switching between the 2. aside from needing to supply power to the Bluetooth adapter its a easy install.

i did discover today the weather-tech drivers side floor mat needs to be trimmed. i cant get the car to down shift properly when going WOT. ill get the car into the shop and look into the issue more but at a glance it looks like the high rim on the mat is catching the back of the accelerator pedal and stopping it from moving all the way to the floor.

so happy to not have a paper plate on the car......

grabbed a quick Easter photo before brunch

That car is looking good. I just ordered a new set of wheels so i should have them in about 2 weeks. Now to sell my rohanas

13. 05-01-2017 02:30 PM #13
      parts are slowly making it into the shop......

grabbed an ECS billet oil filter cap

while ordering from ecs i also got upper and lower arms (lowers are on back order for a about another month)

looks like early June all the suspension parts and motor gaskets will be delivered so i can pull the intake manifold and do the carbon cleaning service on the motor while tackling the suspension.

Ive been reading up on using the vag-com to do suspension mods. once all the suspension update parts arrive i will dive into adjusting the settings for the air suspension. so far this seems to be the most detailed info i have found about suspension setting adjustments, if anyone has info to add to this topic please feel free to advise me.

Vehicles
      2003 Blown VR6
      05-01-2017 05:39 PM #14
      Looking Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Schimmel Built 24V VR6 - Exit 0 Perfomance - Supercharged & Cogged

15. 05-08-2017 06:04 PM #15
      couch....... couch........ I'm sick i mean the car is sick and needing software help ha ha......

Talked with Owain from Malone Tuning and setup to have a V2 FlashZilla shipped over so we can get some tuning taken care of.

looking forward to getting into some real mods soon!

For advertising information click HERE