VWVortex.com - 2017 Order guide? When is it coming out?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: 2017 Order guide? When is it coming out?

Vehicles
      '16 Golf R, '05 E46 330Ci ZHP
      03-12-2017 01:34 AM #751
      Wait for the facelift model in the fall and hope they pull their heads out of their asses and offer the lighting package again.

GF just got her new factory-ordered 2017 Mazda3 hatch. It has new-for-'17 adaptive LED headlights, and I gotta tell you, they are absolutely incredible. Totally make the xenon output on my Golf R look like junk in comparison. Incredible brightness, perfect light distribution, razor-sharp cutoffs, and adaptive swiveling. So impressive. The Golf/GTI family will go from xenon to LED with the facelift.

'05 E46 330Ci ZHP coupé ..PD99819
      '16 Golf R 6MT/DCC/DAP

2. 03-12-2017 01:16 PM #752
      I have been searching dealer websites, and vw.com search for a simple 1.8 tsi Golf with manual transmission, and I can't seem to find any.
      Does anyone know if these are actually being sold in the US?
      Is it because of the time in the 2017 model year?
      Maybe there are more manuals available early in the model year release, so maybe I will be able to get a manual 2018 later this year.
      I don't know,, what do you guys think?
      thanks

3. 03-12-2017 01:28 PM #753
      Your best bet is to visit Cars.com and Autotrader.com. Enter your variables and your zip code, and you'll see what exists in the mileage range you chose. Someone on this forum helped me with this alternative search and it's a lot easier than doing multiple inquires on VW's site. I live in the southeastern U.S. and many regional Dealers have at least one 5M on hand. Good luck with your hunt!

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2016 vw golf tsi 1.8
      03-12-2017 01:29 PM #754
      I searched for manual 2017 golf's local to me:

https://www.autolist.com/listings#pa...n%5B%5D=manual

Autolist.com is a great resource to search for cars. When I bought my 1.8 manual last spring I used Autolist.com to find the right color combo at the right price and then drove across the state to pick it up.

5. 03-12-2017 02:30 PM #755
      Thank you both. I was able to find a few manual golfs on these sites.
      Closest is a few hundred miles away, however I will just keep looking on these sites every day for a fairly close one.
      It is good to see that they are available.
      Thanks again.

Vehicles
      2016 VW GTI SE 4 Door DSG with PP and LP Night Blue Metallic
      03-12-2017 02:43 PM #756
      Quote Originally Posted by greennebula View Post
      Closest is a few hundred miles away, however I will just keep looking on these sites every day for a fairly close one.
      Thanks again.
      If you deal with a local dealership they are frequently able to do something in the background to get the car brought to you. I don't know if they trade with the dealer that has the car you want or what, but it is a common thing. So if you see the car you want a couple hundred miles away (and you aren't willing to take a day trip) then see if your local guys will bring it onto their lot.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '16 GTI S 4-dr PP LP DSG Night Blue
      03-12-2017 08:22 PM #757
      Quote Originally Posted by Aktunka View Post
      If you deal with a local dealership they are frequently able to do something in the background to get the car brought to you. I don't know if they trade with the dealer that has the car you want or what, but it is a common thing. So if you see the car you want a couple hundred miles away (and you aren't willing to take a day trip) then see if your local guys will bring it onto their lot.
      You can also order a car with exactly the options you want. Might take a few months to arrive, but then you don't have to settle.

Vic

8. 03-13-2017 05:46 AM #758
      Granted, it was the only one in a 500 mile radius when I bought it in November, but they do exist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9. 03-13-2017 10:40 AM #759
      Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
      You can also order a car with exactly the options you want. Might take a few months to arrive, but then you don't have to settle.

Vic
      That's what we chose to do. We might have settled on one alternate color, but we wanted the bright Beige V-Tex on our Golf Wolfsburg and that choice was nowhere to be found. By ordering, there were no compromises.

Vehicles
      79 Scirocco ABA 2L; 20th AE GTI, 2015 E-Golf
      03-13-2017 01:23 PM #760
      Quote Originally Posted by Aktunka View Post
      Dealer Trades are not necessarily possible on rare cars. The other dealership that has the car you want does not *have* to give it up. It's a dealer TRADE. your local dealer might have to give up an equally rare or nice car like a Golf R or Stick GLI, to bring your car in. It's a trade. .

I have a 2017 5 speed Golf coming in to my dealership. It should be here in a couple days.
      Any takers? $1000 loyalty rebate to you if you have a VW in your driveway! I would recommend the factory body kit for it !
      Last edited by Loshambo; 03-13-2017 at 04:39 PM.

11. 03-20-2017 08:51 PM #761
      Has anyone been able to find any of these GTI's? Dealers i call don't even know what i'm looking for.

Vehicles
      Present: 16 GTI SE Past: 12 GTI, 99.5 GTI GLX, 95 Golf Sport, 78 Bus…
      03-21-2017 01:41 PM #762
      Quote Originally Posted by strega51 View Post
      Has anyone been able to find any of these GTI's? Dealers i call don't even know what i'm looking for.
      The US is not getting a Clubsport. Never have been scheduled to either.

13. 03-21-2017 01:49 PM #763
      Quote Originally Posted by greennebula View Post
      Thanks again.
      I have seen a reasonable number of manuals among the lowly S models but hardly any among the Wolfsburg Edition models :-( If you also throw in specific color combos, the selection dwindles to almost nothing.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031