VWVortex.com - 2017 Order guide? When is it coming out?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Results 751 to 775 of 776

    Thread: 2017 Order guide? When is it coming out?

    1. Member KevinC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      9,680
      Vehicles
      '16 Golf R, '05 E46 330Ci ZHP
      03-12-2017 01:34 AM #751
      Wait for the facelift model in the fall and hope they pull their heads out of their asses and offer the lighting package again.

      GF just got her new factory-ordered 2017 Mazda3 hatch. It has new-for-'17 adaptive LED headlights, and I gotta tell you, they are absolutely incredible. Totally make the xenon output on my Golf R look like junk in comparison. Incredible brightness, perfect light distribution, razor-sharp cutoffs, and adaptive swiveling. So impressive. The Golf/GTI family will go from xenon to LED with the facelift.

      '05 E46 330Ci ZHP coupé ..PD99819
      '16 Golf R 6MT/DCC/DAP

    2. 03-12-2017 01:16 PM #752
      I have been searching dealer websites, and vw.com search for a simple 1.8 tsi Golf with manual transmission, and I can't seem to find any.
      Does anyone know if these are actually being sold in the US?
      Is it because of the time in the 2017 model year?
      Maybe there are more manuals available early in the model year release, so maybe I will be able to get a manual 2018 later this year.
      I don't know,, what do you guys think?
      thanks

    3. 03-12-2017 01:28 PM #753
      Your best bet is to visit Cars.com and Autotrader.com. Enter your variables and your zip code, and you'll see what exists in the mileage range you chose. Someone on this forum helped me with this alternative search and it's a lot easier than doing multiple inquires on VW's site. I live in the southeastern U.S. and many regional Dealers have at least one 5M on hand. Good luck with your hunt!

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2016
      Posts
      70
      Vehicles
      2016 vw golf tsi 1.8
      03-12-2017 01:29 PM #754
      I searched for manual 2017 golf's local to me:

      https://www.autolist.com/listings#pa...n%5B%5D=manual




      Autolist.com is a great resource to search for cars. When I bought my 1.8 manual last spring I used Autolist.com to find the right color combo at the right price and then drove across the state to pick it up.

    5. 03-12-2017 02:30 PM #755
      Thank you both. I was able to find a few manual golfs on these sites.
      Closest is a few hundred miles away, however I will just keep looking on these sites every day for a fairly close one.
      It is good to see that they are available.
      Thanks again.

    6. Member Aktunka's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2015
      Location
      Gresham, OR
      Posts
      973
      Vehicles
      2016 VW GTI SE 4 Door DSG with PP and LP Night Blue Metallic
      03-12-2017 02:43 PM #756
      Quote Originally Posted by greennebula View Post
      Thank you both. I was able to find a few manual golfs on these sites.
      Closest is a few hundred miles away, however I will just keep looking on these sites every day for a fairly close one.
      It is good to see that they are available.
      Thanks again.
      If you deal with a local dealership they are frequently able to do something in the background to get the car brought to you. I don't know if they trade with the dealer that has the car you want or what, but it is a common thing. So if you see the car you want a couple hundred miles away (and you aren't willing to take a day trip) then see if your local guys will bring it onto their lot.

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2016
      Location
      Shepherdstown, WV
      Posts
      48
      Vehicles
      '16 GTI S 4-dr PP LP DSG Night Blue
      03-12-2017 08:22 PM #757
      Quote Originally Posted by Aktunka View Post
      If you deal with a local dealership they are frequently able to do something in the background to get the car brought to you. I don't know if they trade with the dealer that has the car you want or what, but it is a common thing. So if you see the car you want a couple hundred miles away (and you aren't willing to take a day trip) then see if your local guys will bring it onto their lot.
      You can also order a car with exactly the options you want. Might take a few months to arrive, but then you don't have to settle.

      Vic

    8. 03-13-2017 05:46 AM #758
      Granted, it was the only one in a 500 mile radius when I bought it in November, but they do exist.

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

    9. 03-13-2017 10:40 AM #759
      Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
      You can also order a car with exactly the options you want. Might take a few months to arrive, but then you don't have to settle.

      Vic
      That's what we chose to do. We might have settled on one alternate color, but we wanted the bright Beige V-Tex on our Golf Wolfsburg and that choice was nowhere to be found. By ordering, there were no compromises.

    10. Member Loshambo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2003
      Location
      South New Jersey
      Posts
      1,806
      Vehicles
      79 Scirocco ABA 2L; 20th AE GTI, 2015 E-Golf
      03-13-2017 01:23 PM #760
      Quote Originally Posted by Aktunka View Post
      If you deal with a local dealership they are frequently able to do something in the background to get the car brought to you. I don't know if they trade with the dealer that has the car you want or what, but it is a common thing. So if you see the car you want a couple hundred miles away (and you aren't willing to take a day trip) then see if your local guys will bring it onto their lot.
      Dealer Trades are not necessarily possible on rare cars. The other dealership that has the car you want does not *have* to give it up. It's a dealer TRADE. your local dealer might have to give up an equally rare or nice car like a Golf R or Stick GLI, to bring your car in. It's a trade. .

      I have a 2017 5 speed Golf coming in to my dealership. It should be here in a couple days.
      Any takers? $1000 loyalty rebate to you if you have a VW in your driveway! I would recommend the factory body kit for it !
      Last edited by Loshambo; 03-13-2017 at 04:39 PM.

    11. 03-20-2017 08:51 PM #761
      Has anyone been able to find any of these GTI's? Dealers i call don't even know what i'm looking for.

    12. Global Moderator EPilot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 1999
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      9,404
      Vehicles
      Present: 16 GTI SE Past: 12 GTI, 99.5 GTI GLX, 95 Golf Sport, 78 Bus…
      03-21-2017 01:41 PM #762
      Quote Originally Posted by strega51 View Post
      Has anyone been able to find any of these GTI's? Dealers i call don't even know what i'm looking for.
      The US is not getting a Clubsport. Never have been scheduled to either.

    13. 03-21-2017 01:49 PM #763
      Quote Originally Posted by greennebula View Post
      Thank you both. I was able to find a few manual golfs on these sites.
      Closest is a few hundred miles away, however I will just keep looking on these sites every day for a fairly close one.
      It is good to see that they are available.
      Thanks again.
      I have seen a reasonable number of manuals among the lowly S models but hardly any among the Wolfsburg Edition models :-( If you also throw in specific color combos, the selection dwindles to almost nothing.

    14. 03-26-2017 05:14 PM #764
      I took the attached photo of a sticker on the windshield of a just-delivered Golf S at a southeastern U.S. Dealer. It was fresh off the truck, with all of the shipping protection still in place.

      Does anyone know how to interpret the data? I'm guessing that the date of 2017-02-08 is the date of manufacture? If so, that would mean that it takes 6-Weeks to ship from Puebla, through the Port of Jacksonville and on to a Dealer.

      SESE is the 3PL (Third Party Logistics) contractor http://www.gruposese.com/en

      I can't get the photo to appear with my post, so please click the link. Thank you.

      http://img.gg/7v9a2lQ

      Interestingly, the common window sticker shows that the 5-Speed manual transmission is made in Argentina. VW owns a transmission plant in Cordoba, Argentina.
      Last edited by Fitz Ingarage; 03-26-2017 at 08:19 PM.

    15. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2016
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      2017 GTI Autobahn; 2015 Audi S3; 2009 MINI Cooper S Convertible
      03-28-2017 01:24 PM #765
      Quote Originally Posted by aenea View Post
      I was at a dealer yesterday that had 3 new build 6 speed GTI Autobahns and none of them had DCC. It's still listed as a feature on the VW website, but it wasn't on the Monroney sticker and they didn't have a "Comfort" drive setting. They also listed for $33,295 instead of $34,095 that the VW website lists for an Autobahn, so VW has knocked $800 off the price.
      Has anyone else run into this: Autobahn with no DCC?

    16. 04-06-2017 11:22 PM #766
      Hoping someone can confirm the only differences between the 2016 and 2017 Autobahn are listed below? Did anything else change on the exterior look such as tail lights, etc? Any mechanical improvements or changes that are not listed in the brochures? I'm trying to decide between a used 2016 vs a new 2017. I'm not sure these are worth spending the extra $4-5k. Thanks

      Adaptive Cruise Control
      Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist)
      Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Traffic Alert
      DCC Dynamic Chassis Control

    17. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2016
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI Ed. 30 // 2016 GTI Autobahn PP/LP/DAP
      04-07-2017 06:02 AM #767
      I had the same debate whether to get a '16 used or '17 new. I ended up going with the used '16 and save the extra money. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are but my '16 has all the features you listed. I believe those are part of the DAP rather than autobahn model though. Good luck with your search, these machines are so much fun!

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2012
      Posts
      241
      Vehicles
      '17 GTI 6MT Autobahn
      04-07-2017 09:04 AM #768
      I don't think the '17 has any differences, other than how the options/trims are packaged. In '17, all the Autobahns have Performance Pack, LP, DCC, and DAP (although I think DCC is back to being optional again?), but '16s with all those options were quite rare.

      I didn't think I would even use it, but ACC is way more useful than I imagined. On road trips, you basically just have to focus on steering, and it handles your speed perfectly. The other features aren't that special though, so I definitely wouldn't pay an extra $4k just for ACC.
      Last edited by the_phew; 04-07-2017 at 09:57 AM.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 4th, 2016
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      572
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R DSG DCC DAP
      04-07-2017 09:22 AM #769
      The only actual difference between then two years is that you don't get a glove box lock in the 17s. Everything else is packaging. There is a lot more included as standard in the 17s (but it seems like that might be changing as there are reports that DCC is not on all 17s now, for instance, so check the spec sheet for each car you look at).

      DCC was an option on the 16 models. I think it's great if you live in an area with poor quality roads. It should be included in the 17s. But check.
      Performance Pack was an option in 16. Depends on your use whether you want it. Many are happy without.
      DAP was a much larger optional package in the 16s than it is in the 17s, so included all the things you listed above, plus the features of the current 17 DAP option, except auto headlights. Although this can be enabled with VCDS, as the hardware is the same. DAP was an order only option in 2016, so it's pretty rare to find it. It's cool, but probably not a deal breaker or with the money for a lot of people.
      Lighting Pack with the bi xenon headlights and adaptive front lighting was also an option in 16, that is standard in 17. I think that the lights are great and is encourage you to find a 16 with them installed. You can get similar after market, but they don't have the adaptive elements.

      Fairly sure that's everything. You pretty much can spec then the same across the two years, but there's more as standard in the 17 models, and getting everything in a 16 model may well be hard to find. Choose the bus you want. The savings are probably worth it for the right used model.


    20. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2015
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      63
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE (Manual)|Tornado Red w/ lighting
      04-07-2017 09:13 PM #771
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard Goring View Post
      The only actual difference between then two years is that you don't get a glove box lock in the 17s. Everything else is packaging. There is a lot more included as standard in the 17s (but it seems like that might be changing as there are reports that DCC is not on all 17s now, for instance, so check the spec sheet for each car you look at).

      DCC was an option on the 16 models. I think it's great if you live in an area with poor quality roads. It should be included in the 17s. But check.
      Performance Pack was an option in 16. Depends on your use whether you want it. Many are happy without.
      DAP was a much larger optional package in the 16s than it is in the 17s, so included all the things you listed above, plus the features of the current 17 DAP option, except auto headlights. Although this can be enabled with VCDS, as the hardware is the same. DAP was an order only option in 2016, so it's pretty rare to find it. It's cool, but probably not a deal breaker or with the money for a lot of people.
      Lighting Pack with the bi xenon headlights and adaptive front lighting was also an option in 16, that is standard in 17. I think that the lights are great and is encourage you to find a 16 with them installed. You can get similar after market, but they don't have the adaptive elements.

      Fairly sure that's everything. You pretty much can spec then the same across the two years, but there's more as standard in the 17 models, and getting everything in a 16 model may well be hard to find. Choose the bus you want. The savings are probably worth it for the right used model.
      Why would they eliminate the lock on the glove box?

      Just purchased a 17 Autobahn, and DCC seemed to be standard. It was a strong reason for my purchase, and so far is satisfying. I am upgrading from a GTI SE 2015.

      I was pleasantly surprised by some of the other standard options for the Autobahn 17s: Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist)
      Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Traffic Alert. Nice additions!

      Hope this is of some help.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 4th, 2016
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      572
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R DSG DCC DAP
      04-07-2017 09:30 PM #772
      Quote Originally Posted by ScootsMon View Post
      Why would they eliminate the lock on the glove box?
      Who knows? But apparently the case.

      Quote Originally Posted by ScootsMon View Post
      Just purchased a 17 Autobahn, and DCC seemed to be standard. It was a strong reason for my purchase, and so far is satisfying. I am upgrading from a GTI SE 2015.
      Congratulations! Agreed, it's a great feature. It was originally standard on the 17 Autobahn, but there are reports of some 17 Autobahns now coming without it. So always check the sticker, just in case. There was a similar issue with the 17 R with the first run not coming with DAP, despite the order guide showing that it would. They do change things a little through the year.

    22. Member Patronus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2003
      Location
      Washington state
      Posts
      909
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI Autobahn manual, DAP, LP, red, 18” Durbans, AWE cat-back exhaust
      04-08-2017 11:30 AM #773
      I would trade all of the other safety/convenience options for ACC. It is just magical. I'd give up park assist, blind spot monitoring and all that other stuff for it. It is that good.

      Heck, to find a 2016 Autobahn with DAP (special order only), I gladly gave up PP and drove 1000 miles to pick the thing up. Love the car. Don't use the locking glove box.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      730
      Vehicles
      Golf SEL
      04-09-2017 11:25 AM #774
      Quote Originally Posted by Patronus View Post
      I would trade all of the other safety/convenience options for ACC. It is just magical. I'd give up park assist, blind spot monitoring and all that other stuff for it. It is that good.

      Heck, to find a 2016 Autobahn with DAP (special order only), I gladly gave up PP and drove 1000 miles to pick the thing up. Love the car. Don't use the locking glove box.
      Yes... ACC is by far the most impressive... but followed closing by HBA(High Beam Assist)... the other DAP features like Park Assist/Park Distance Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot, Front Assist and Rear Assist are neat but much less useful in the practical sense.

    24. 04-29-2017 08:47 PM #775
      Well, nuts. Our 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M special order delivery time has been extended three weeks for a total of 15 Weeks. Not a big deal, but my wife and I are so wanting to see it in our driveway. As long as our '10 JSW TDI 6M stays strong in the interim, we'll be fine.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •