Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: DSG Problems?

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R Tech/DSG
      03-21-2017 07:14 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by MP3DUB View Post
      Is it normal for the DSG to be really, really f@#$ing stupid while cold?
      Not in my experience. The only thing I notice is if I get on it moderately when pulling onto the street then there's a hard 1-2 shift. I attribute that to the 2-4-6 clutch being sticky from sitting. The solution is to either pull away slowly or do a quick 1-2-1 shift as I roll down the driveway. A sticky/cold wet clutch is a fact of life on my motorcycle so I'm used to it.
      Last edited by isoprene; 03-21-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Vehicles
      91' VRT GLI... 12' Golf TDI
      05-18-2017 10:04 AM #152
      2016 DSG GTI APR stage2 ECU file and TCU tune, APR downpipe and intake. Ive been experiencing some odd DSG behavior that I haven't seen discussed before. I haven't had the opportunity to drive another similar DSG car so this may all be normal but it's been bugging me since I got tuned 5k miles ago. Will try to get a video tonight.

1. When applying consistent throttle from a stop(maybe 30% throttle) as soon as the car engages 2nd gear it feels like i just pushed the pedal down another 20%. It happens as soon as 2nd engages and the car doesn't exactly throw you back into your seat but it definitely feels like I gave it more gas when I haven't moved my foot on the accelerator.

2. Inconsistent shifts. I have a downpipe and maybe the extra noise is just amplifying this but some shifts are lightening quick with a pop from the exhaust and some sound like a person shifting a manual car and slipping the clutch too much. It doesn't seem dependent on how warmed up the car is but seems to only happen on the lower gesrs(1-4)

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI DSG SE
      05-18-2017 08:43 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by DubmyRUCA View Post
      2016 DSG GTI APR stage2 ECU file and TCU tune, APR downpipe and intake. Ive been experiencing some odd DSG behavior that I haven't seen discussed before. I haven't had the opportunity to drive another similar DSG car so this may all be normal but it's been bugging me since I got tuned 5k miles ago. Will try to get a video tonight.

1. When applying consistent throttle from a stop(maybe 30% throttle) as soon as the car engages 2nd gear it feels like i just pushed the pedal down another 20%. It happens as soon as 2nd engages and the car doesn't exactly throw you back into your seat but it definitely feels like I gave it more gas when I haven't moved my foot on the accelerator.

2. Inconsistent shifts. I have a downpipe and maybe the extra noise is just amplifying this but some shifts are lightening quick with a pop from the exhaust and some sound like a person shifting a manual car and slipping the clutch too much. It doesn't seem dependent on how warmed up the car is but seems to only happen on the lower gesrs(1-4)

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well, obviously being that you are modified many people would suggest these questions be asked of your tuner. But I will share my take on it, I have a JB1 on my DSG. All cars I have ever owned have demonstrated some sort(s) of driving inconsistencies. Some days they feel sluggish, other days peppy. My GTI does the same thing. And wit the JB1, everything is "amplified". Sometimes I get explosive, unanticipated bursts of power when casually accelerating. Sometimes the car seems lazier. I have noticed one consistency: If I always drive it aggressively, it will always feel snappy and very quick. If I spend too much time being "chill" with it, it seems to "relearn" my behaviour and become relatively sluggish, racing to higher gears and avoiding boost. To me, it seems normal, usually a firm WOT will wake the car back up.

Things change with a flash tune and a DSG tune, but I am sure even when those control modules are flashed, you will occasionally get inconsistent performance.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567