VWVortex.com - Great South Florida Dealers - GTI
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Great South Florida Dealers - GTI

1. 04-05-2017 10:49 PM #1
      Hey All,

First of all, sorry if this is a oft repeated question. I did search and only found old threads.

A little background... I was previously in the market for a Golf R, even pre-ordered but had a bad/terrible experience with a dealer which is actually posted about on this forum a couple of years ago. Life has happened and I'm not longer willing to pony up for an R, but still love the GTI. I noticed some good deals are to be had and I've been thinking of trading my 2015 Mazda 3 for 2017 GTI.

So to the question... can anyone recommend a great dealer in South Florida? Willing to drive just about anywhere (I'm in Miami) if the dealer is friendly, reasonably up front and willing to deal?

I'm willing to consider an S or an SE and I'm not particularly picky on the color. I don't really have any equity in the Mazda sadly, but it seems like if I essentially trade the Mazda, pay off loan, with a couple of grand down and Tier 1 credit I can get into a GTI for pretty much the same payment. The Mazda 3 was bought because I needed to be particularly frugal and I did get an outrageous deal but I regret not picking up a GTI pretty much every day.

Any suggestions for a good dealer guys? Hell I'll consider out of state if it comes to it.

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by tidmutt; 04-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.

2. 04-06-2017 11:30 AM #2
      If not too far, try the new one in Weston.

3. 04-06-2017 02:06 PM #3
      Thanks... Rick Case?

Can I ask why you recommend them? Do you have personal experience?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      16 VW Golf R DBP DSG DCC NAV
      04-07-2017 07:24 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by tidmutt View Post
      Hey All,

First of all, sorry if this is a oft repeated question. I did search and only found old threads.

A little background... I was previously in the market for a Golf R, even pre-ordered but had a bad/terrible experience with a dealer which is actually posted about on this forum a couple of years ago. Life has happened and I'm not longer willing to pony up for an R, but still love the GTI. I noticed some good deals are to be had and I've been thinking of trading my 2015 Mazda 3 for 2017 GTI.

So to the question... can anyone recommend a great dealer in South Florida? Willing to drive just about anywhere (I'm in Miami) if the dealer is friendly, reasonably up front and willing to deal?

I'm willing to consider an S or an SE and I'm not particularly picky on the color. I don't really have any equity in the Mazda sadly, but it seems like if I essentially trade the Mazda, pay off loan, with a couple of grand down and Tier 1 credit I can get into a GTI for pretty much the same payment. The Mazda 3 was bought because I needed to be particularly frugal and I did get an outrageous deal but I regret not picking up a GTI pretty much every day.

Any suggestions for a good dealer guys? Hell I'll consider out of state if it comes to it.

Thanks in advance.
      What's up with the one on Bird Road?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R, 15 Q3
      04-12-2017 11:31 PM #5
      I've purchased 2 cars from Gunther (a Passat and an R). I wasn't able to get them to move much on the R (about $500) but the Passat I got for almost $4k under MSRP... both cars negotiated online.
      Parting out 2014 Passat SEL TDi (sold back to VW).... // Ed's Option 2 headlights // Monster Mats // CarGo mat w/ blocks // OEM springs LINK

Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      05-22-2017 01:31 PM #6
      Vista VW in Pompano Beach is really good. I did my TDI buyback thru them and I use the parts dept. all the time. Nice small dealer and great staff.
      Common sense is a myth

7. 06-04-2017 08:26 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by tidmutt View Post
      Hey All,

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered looking out of this region? I went thru all South East Florida dealers and their "best" prices were $28.5k out the door for a manual Sport. I flew to Georgia and got it for $26k for a DSG. If you are willing to look outside of the area, there is plenty of good deals out there.

For advertising information click HERE