VWVortex.com - Is this true? Anyone going to get a 2015 diesel?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 32

    Thread: Is this true? Anyone going to get a 2015 diesel?

    1. Member Yogibearal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2014
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      289
      Vehicles
      2017 Passat SEL Prem, 2014 VW Beetle TDI-DSG, 2008 Honda Odyssey, 2000 Honda VFR800
      04-14-2017 02:10 AM #1
      http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/new...icle-1.3014363

      Says they got approval to sell 2015 models that have the fix on them. I wonder if anyone has tried to figure out what the fix does to gas mileage and HP.

    2. 04-14-2017 06:57 AM #2
      I would get an Audi or Porsche with the six

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    3. Member
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Ft. Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,317
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL;2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid; 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid; 2015 Nissan Leaf
      04-14-2017 11:02 AM #3
      2009 JSW TDI (returned 12/15/16)
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL (returned 12/14/16)
      2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid (replacing 2009 JSW)
      2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid (replacing 2014 Passat)
      2015 Nissan Leaf (for in-town use)

    4. 04-14-2017 11:14 AM #4
      Just left dealer from oil change. They told me they had 50 diesels all with deposits on them. They just started doing the phase one fix (tune) and once be gives them the ok they will start contacting people with deposits. Said they are giving customers 48 to come in and purchase or cars will go to those on waiting list.

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    5. Member Hoffdad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2013
      Location
      Mentor, OH
      Posts
      139
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof
      04-14-2017 02:25 PM #5
      I read an article this week (and unfortunately can't find it now) that the 2015 diesels are actually being priced and sold at MSRP and higher. Is it really worth it if they're not going to perform as well as they use to???

    6. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      8,522
      Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      04-14-2017 02:31 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoffdad View Post
      I read an article this week (and unfortunately can't find it now) that the 2015 diesels are actually being priced and sold at MSRP and higher. Is it really worth it if they're not going to perform as well as they use to???
      that's insane for a car two MY old. I guess if the demand for them is high enough they can charge what they want to charge.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Ft. Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,317
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL;2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid; 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid; 2015 Nissan Leaf
      04-14-2017 10:20 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoffdad View Post
      I read an article this week (and unfortunately can't find it now) that the 2015 diesels are actually being priced and sold at MSRP and higher. Is it really worth it if they're not going to perform as well as they use to???
      No...I'm still not convinced that anyone lingering in the VAG world of diesels (CR TDIs) will recover from this debacle.

      How can you insure a 2 year old car, purchased at original MSRP?????????
      2009 JSW TDI (returned 12/15/16)
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL (returned 12/14/16)
      2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid (replacing 2009 JSW)
      2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid (replacing 2014 Passat)
      2015 Nissan Leaf (for in-town use)

    8. 04-14-2017 10:24 PM #8
      If the dealership has to "make repairs" to the car I don't know if they can legally sell them as new. I bought an 2006 Jeep Commander with 36 miles on "used". It left the factory with no clear coat on the roof. They had to fix them and sell at discount.

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    9. Member
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Ft. Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,317
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL;2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid; 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid; 2015 Nissan Leaf
      04-15-2017 11:21 AM #9
      AFAIK, any car that has never been titled can legally be sold as "new." Whether or not it is ethical is another question.

      How the insurance industry will handle this convoluted issue remains to be seen.

      Anyone thinking of buying a "new" 2015 VW CRTDI should pose the question of their insurance company. What is the replacement value if the car is totaled?
      2009 JSW TDI (returned 12/15/16)
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL (returned 12/14/16)
      2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid (replacing 2009 JSW)
      2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid (replacing 2014 Passat)
      2015 Nissan Leaf (for in-town use)

    10. Member UberDanno's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2013
      Location
      Sun City, AZ
      Posts
      484
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Passat SEL TSI
      04-16-2017 09:42 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by tdiatlast View Post
      Very cool, I'm thinking there might be some ex-TDI people sorry they didn't keep their diesels. I mean, they bought diesel for some reason. I always thought the difference in emissions was probably pretty small, just that it exceeded specifications. Dieselgate was a huge debacle and lawyers made a ton of money...

    11. n00b
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2017
      Location
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      2
      Vehicles
      B7 Passat TDI
      04-18-2017 09:12 PM #11
      I haven't yet had the chance to introduce myself but since I have just put down a deposit on a new 2015 B7 Passat TDI. I might be able to provide some info.

      First off, since the car was never titled, it is considered as new.

      For insurance, my insurer allows for up to 2 years back for a car to be registered as new so my 2015 will be considered new and should I total the 2015 Passat, it will be replaced with a model with the equivalent equipement.

      No markups at my dealer... actually got it with a big markdown. Same warranty applies as for a brand new car starting at the date of purchase.

      There is the info I could share for now.

    12. 04-19-2017 11:55 PM #12
      In my case I don't regret and will never regret selling my TDI since I made $13,000 off the car. But with the news of VW selling left over 2015 and 2016 TDI models I started contacting dealerships today. So far every dealer I have spoken to is either selling them at MSRP or $5,000 off MSRP (given by VW) and they will not add any extra incentives. Another consensus I came across is most dealers already have deposits on most or all the cars at both prices. So far it doesn't seem like anyone looking to get back into a TDI will be able to get a sweet deal. Personally I think these cars should price at or below the value of a 3 year old used car.

    13. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      13,355
      Vehicles
      2017 VW
      04-20-2017 04:49 AM #13
      ^^^
      They're being discounted, $5k off & 0% @ 72months if you purchase (for example), but they're also selling really quick

      With a lease, they're offering 24month leases with $8.5k off and a 45-48% residual depending on the mileage

      Good info on this page:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...discount/page6
      2017 Passat VR6
      2017 Passat R-Line

    14. Member
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Ft. Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,317
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL;2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid; 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid; 2015 Nissan Leaf
      04-20-2017 08:51 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by B7coalburner View Post
      I haven't yet had the chance to introduce myself but since I have just put down a deposit on a new 2015 B7 Passat TDI. I might be able to provide some info.

      First off, since the car was never titled, it is considered as new.

      For insurance, my insurer allows for up to 2 years back for a car to be registered as new so my 2015 will be considered new and should I total the 2015 Passat, it will be replaced with a model with the equivalent equipement.

      No markups at my dealer... actually got it with a big markdown. Same warranty applies as for a brand new car starting at the date of purchase.

      There is the info I could share for now.
      My question remains, as these (2015s) age, how insurance companies will calculate replacement costs after a few years. I just can't believe, in 2020, that a totaled 2015 model year vehicle would be the same value (using the various "book" values) as a 2017. It just doesn't make sense.

      Of course, for the sake of those buying these 2015s, I hope my question is moot.
      2009 JSW TDI (returned 12/15/16)
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL (returned 12/14/16)
      2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid (replacing 2009 JSW)
      2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid (replacing 2014 Passat)
      2015 Nissan Leaf (for in-town use)

    15. Member UberDanno's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2013
      Location
      Sun City, AZ
      Posts
      484
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Passat SEL TSI
      04-20-2017 09:30 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by crafferty View Post
      In my case I don't regret and will never regret selling my TDI since I made $13,000 off the car. But with the news of VW selling left over 2015 and 2016 TDI models I started contacting dealerships today. So far every dealer I have spoken to is either selling them at MSRP or $5,000 off MSRP (given by VW) and they will not add any extra incentives. Another consensus I came across is most dealers already have deposits on most or all the cars at both prices. So far it doesn't seem like anyone looking to get back into a TDI will be able to get a sweet deal. Personally I think these cars should price at or below the value of a 3 year old used car.
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      ^^^
      They're being discounted, $5k off & 0% @ 72months if you purchase (for example), but they're also selling really quick

      With a lease, they're offering 24month leases with $8.5k off and a 45-48% residual depending on the mileage

      Good info on this page:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...discount/page6
      As long as they're selling, VW has no incentive to offer further discounts and/or rebates!

      I'm wondering if/when they will start selling some of the buy back cars...

    16. n00b
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2017
      Location
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      2
      Vehicles
      B7 Passat TDI
      04-20-2017 01:10 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by tdiatlast View Post
      My question remains, as these (2015s) age, how insurance companies will calculate replacement costs after a few years. I just can't believe, in 2020, that a totaled 2015 model year vehicle would be the same value (using the various "book" values) as a 2017. It just doesn't make sense.

      Of course, for the sake of those buying these 2015s, I hope my question is moot.
      Maybe this question will be handled differently depending on your insurer... out here in Quebec, Canada you are obligated to have a minimal insurance on a car but we do have the possibility to add some more insurance... in my case, I can pay an extra for 4 years and the insurer will keep the value of my car as the price I have paid (obviously, the premium for the first is much lower than on the fourth year).

      I can't say if there is a different approach in the US on this matter...

    17. Member ThePhoenix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2012
      Location
      Rancho Santa Margarita, California
      Posts
      1,579
      Vehicles
      2014 Titanium Silver Passat TSI SE w/SR
      04-20-2017 02:21 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by UberDanno View Post
      As long as they're selling, VW has no incentive to offer further discounts and/or rebates!

      I'm wondering if/when they will start selling some of the buy back cars...
      i think it was posted awhile back that ALL buybacks were to be crushed.

      they are probably just selling the stock of new TDI's to get rid of them and then thats it
      Chaz

      The British Leyland Rule: It's better to go fast in a slow car, than slow in a fast car.

    18. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      13,355
      Vehicles
      2017 VW
      04-21-2017 05:54 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
      i think it was posted awhile back that ALL buybacks were to be crushed.
      I don't think that's true at all.
      VW still has to come up with a fix for the owners that decided to keep their TDI, so if/when they do then they should be able to modify those cars (if they wish) and resell them.
      If no fix is ever approved, they were going to part out/break down the cars I believe. They own them and can do whatever they want (except sell them without a fix), so they definitely wouldn't just crush them all
      2017 Passat VR6
      2017 Passat R-Line

    19. Member
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Ft. Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,317
      Vehicles
      2009 JSW TDI; 2014 Passat TDI SEL;2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid; 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid; 2015 Nissan Leaf
      04-21-2017 11:36 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
      i think it was posted awhile back that ALL buybacks were to be crushed.

      they are probably just selling the stock of new TDI's to get rid of them and then thats it
      I'm sure you're right..."...it was posted awhile back..."

      However, "it" was wrong then, and is wrong today.

      snobrdrdan has it right.
      2009 JSW TDI (returned 12/15/16)
      2014 Passat TDI-SEL (returned 12/14/16)
      2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid (replacing 2009 JSW)
      2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid (replacing 2014 Passat)
      2015 Nissan Leaf (for in-town use)

    20. 04-21-2017 11:55 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by tdiatlast View Post
      I'm sure you're right..."...it was posted awhile back..."

      However, "it" was wrong then, and is wrong today.

      snobrdrdan has it right.
      I think they will fix and sell abroad. After all the stripping and abuse people did to them not worth the headache to keep them in the US. They will end up in third world with all the losing team champ shirts that get scrapped.

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    21. Member UberDanno's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2013
      Location
      Sun City, AZ
      Posts
      484
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Passat SEL TSI
      04-22-2017 10:46 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by SmartAssBill View Post
      I think they will fix and sell abroad. After all the stripping and abuse people did to them not worth the headache to keep them in the US. They will end up in third world with all the losing team champ shirts that get scrapped.

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      True, some were stripped and/or abused, but there are probably a lot of respectful owners, I would think they could successfully sell some of the best ones.

    22. 04-22-2017 11:11 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by UberDanno View Post
      True, some were stripped and/or abused, but there are probably a lot of respectful owners, I would think they could successfully sell some of the best ones.


      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    23. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      11
      Vehicles
      NMS 2012 PASSAT TDI SEL, NMS 2015 PASSAT TDI SEL
      04-23-2017 12:27 PM #23
      Picked up my not so Brand New TDI yesterday. Odometer reading 21 Miles
      Fontana Red/Titan Black, no much selection in my area mostly White/Titan Black

    24. 04-23-2017 01:49 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by RileyCtr View Post
      Picked up my not so Brand New TDI yesterday. Odometer reading 21 Miles
      Fontana Red/Titan Black, no much selection in my area mostly White/Titan Black
      Just the $5k off? Please tell me you did better!!

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

    25. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      11
      Vehicles
      NMS 2012 PASSAT TDI SEL, NMS 2015 PASSAT TDI SEL
      04-23-2017 04:07 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by SmartAssBill View Post
      Just the $5k off? Please tell me you did better!!

      Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      Was lucky to get a color other than white, the grey one I wanted sold as i was driving to the dealership.

      110K miles on my 2012 Passat TDI, received $21,000 from VW.
      I will pay $10k for a "new" 2015 Passat TDI anyday of the week, without any haggling (they won't anyway) since there is a waiting list

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •