Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Eurodyne tuner with Beetle

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo Beetle 2.0TSI
      04-16-2017 12:18 AM #1
      Does anybody here know of anybody with experience with the Eurodyne tuner with Maestro suite software. I was looking at this as an option for a tune for a BT setup. I am ordering an IE intake manifold and don't want a check engine light on all the time. I figured this would let me do this and I could choose which turbo I want instead of just being stuck with a kit like APR's. I have APR stage 2 right now but would like to make more power than their stage 3 kit offers.

2. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      04-16-2017 12:26 AM #2
      I am also looking at this option to perform an SAI delete.

3. 04-18-2017 02:12 AM #3
      Do not get the eurodyne software, I have them on my beetle and never got it to work.

TBH its not their fault since they said they do not support beetles officially but said would try to make it work if I provided the original ecu files, I got it to them and they gave me a tuned file but there were so many issues of it not working correctly i jsut gave up.
      Went with REVO technik instead and it has worked flawlessly for 1 year

my car has k04 from cts turbo

Vehicles
      2017 Passat SEL Prem, 2014 VW Beetle TDI-DSG, 2008 Honda Odyssey, 2000 Honda VFR800
      04-21-2017 12:16 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by ExtremePowerhouse - Mike View Post
      Never heard of them but you are doing the right thing by asking users and checking online reviews
      EuroDyne is actually pretty well known - I looked into it for the Passat as well. No go at this point with Gen3 1.8T, they say check back later. They have one of the better tunes for the Golf R. Also their kit comes with the tool to flash back to factory yourself, but it is a full tune unlike a JB.

If you have a torque converted automatic O9G transmission I wouldn't do much more than JB1 at this point if you are looking for longevity. If you have 2.0T w/DSG then it can handle the extra torque and there are a variety of tunes out there.

APR and EuroDyne are really good. But with APR you have to either pay to flash back to factory every time or in PNW at Achtuning the service is free however you still need to bring your car in every time before a service. Kind of a pain.

5. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      04-21-2017 10:55 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Yogibearal View Post
      EuroDyne is actually pretty well known - I looked into it for the Passat as well. No go at this point with Gen3 1.8T, they say check back later. They have one of the better tunes for the Golf R. Also their kit comes with the tool to flash back to factory yourself, but it is a full tune unlike a JB.

If you have a torque converted automatic O9G transmission I wouldn't do much more than JB1 at this point if you are looking for longevity. If you have 2.0T w/DSG then it can handle the extra torque and there are a variety of tunes out there.

APR and EuroDyne are really good. But with APR you have to either pay to flash back to factory every time or in PNW at Achtuning the service is free however you still need to bring your car in every time before a service. Kind of a pain.
      I have APR with the APR Mobile dongle right now I have the option of switching from stock, 91, 104, and valet stage 2 tunes with out going to a dealer. That is one thing I like but I really wanted to go big turbo and have to option to disable the fault codes for a run flap delete and a SAI delete. Both me and wife find it very annoying to have the check engine light on all the time and that's why we have yet to get an intake manifold and SAI delete kit. I tried contacting APR and they told me they didn't provide tunes that support those modifications. Which is why I thought about getting the Eurodyne. Are there any other tuning options that I might be able to look into?

Vehicles
      2017 Passat SEL Prem, 2014 VW Beetle TDI-DSG, 2008 Honda Odyssey, 2000 Honda VFR800
      04-22-2017 05:32 PM #7
      Ah I see where the disconnect is. I didn't notice you are driving a 2012 2.0T. According to APR their dongle supports the EA888 gen1/2 engines. I was thinking and speaking to 1.8T gen3 engines with auto transmissions. With the 2.0T and DSG that is all together something different.

I'm wondering if you can find something from GIAC or Unitronic?

I wish the APR would support the 1.8T gen3.

For advertising information click HERE