Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed 2015 TDI offer: $5,000 factory cash back + 0%

Vehicles
      14 Mazda6 Touring, 05 Sienna LE, 04 Saab 9-5W, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      04-19-2017 04:10 PM #76
      $5k off MSRP and 0% interest isnt really much of a deal IMO.

when i bought my 2008 GTI, i got about $3500 off MSRP and 0%.
      when we bought our 2013 JSW TDI we got exactly $4k off MSRP but not 0%... 1.99 was good too though.

i GET that these will be new cars. but sitting for 2-3 years they are not new in the eyes of the market. the posters here are not the greatest sample set... but it does prove people will notice.
      when 2018 cars are about on the lots... and they want to sell a 2015 at a slight discount, many many people will just move onto the new model year.

adding in longer/better maintenance and warranty could help some, but some of that is ALREADY added on any AEM completed TDI that VW gets to resell anyways.

the biggest problem is that these cars while new are really not. they have sat. yes, VW can swap out fluids, tires, batteries, etc. but that will not cure the reality of being 2-3 model years behind other new cars.
      $5k off isnt IMO enough to eliminate that gap in perception.

$10k off, is absolutely enough... i maybe even say $7k off would be enough. I just don't see $5k as being quite enough.

FYI.
      proposed AEM warranty for fixed VW TDIs.
      ---
      WARRANTY AND LEMON LAW PROTECTION FOR MODIFIED VEHICLES

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant shall provide an Emission Control System warranty and an Engine Long Block warranty (collectively, the “Extended Emissions Warranty”) for each Eligible Vehicle that undergoes an Approved Emissions Modification (“Modified Vehicles”):

A. The Extended Emissions Warranty shall cover all parts and labor, as well as the cost or provision of a loaner vehicle for warranty service lasting longer than 3 hours. Defendant must not impose on consumers any fees or charges, and must pay any fees or charges imposed by Volkswagen Dealers related to the warranty service.

B. The Emissions Control System warranty must cover all components which are replaced as part of the Approved Emissions Modification and any component which can
      reasonably be impacted by effects of the Approved Emissions Modification in accordance with Sections 3.9.1 and 4.3.10 of Appendix B of the DOJ Consent Decree, such as increased thermal load or cycling, increased soot load, increased use of EGR, increased DPF regeneration, and increased fuel injection pressure. The Emission Control System warranty shall cover the following parts, as further specified in the applicable Extended Emissions Warranty Parts Coverage List that Volkswagen AG or Audi AG will submit with each emissions modification proposal submitted to EPA/CARB for review and approval of any proposed emissions
      modification:

1. The entire exhaust after treatment system, including the DOC, the SCR catalyst (if applicable), the dosing injector and other DEF system components (if applicable), the NOx trap (if applicable), all sensors and actuators, and the exhaust flap;
      2. The entire fuel system, including the fuel pumps, high pressure common rail, fuel injectors, and all sensors and actuators;
      3. EGR system including the EGR valve, EGR cooler, EGR filter, all related hoses and pipes, and all sensors and actuators;
      4. The turbocharger;
      5. The OBD System and any malfunctions detected by the OBD System other than those related to the transmission; and
      6. The DPF.

C. The Extended Emissions Warranty shall cover each and every DPF that has failed as a result of implementing any Approved Emissions Modification except as provided in Section 3.9.2 of Appendix B of the DOJ Consent Decree.

D. The Engine Long Block warranty shall cover the engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft, and valve train.

E. The warranty period for the Extended Emissions Warranty shall be the longer of:
      1. Measured from the Eligible Vehicle’s initial sale or lease: (a) for Generation 1 and 2, 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first; or (b) for Generation 3, 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first;

2. Measured from the date and mileage when an Approved Emissions Modification is implemented prior to any resale of the Eligible Vehicle: 4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first; or

3. Measured from the date and mileage of the time of the first resale transaction after an Approved Emissions Modification: 4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first; provided, however, that Subsection E.3 applies only to the first resale transaction after the modification to the first person who in good faith purchases the vehicle for purposes other than resale.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 04:13 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by 87'moneypit View Post
      I test drove one of the 2015's on Monday and was very disappointed, very sluggish in my opinion compared to our 2016 1.8t GSW, very poor acceleration... I wonder what the output is now compared to before the fix... We had a 2012 JSW TDI and it wasnt fast, but definitely was better that these 2015's with the "fix" applied.
      that may or may not have just been your perception at the time.
      some of the people over at TDI have seen the fix, and have not mentioned a notable change pre/post fix to mileage or performance.

i havent kept TOO up on the comments, but its not supposed to be an obvious difference. else, MANY people who went for the fix will complain and cause another hailstorm for VW.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1988 M3 (sold) =( 2013 GolfR 2015 Touareg TDI
      04-19-2017 04:14 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      and what happens once the cars are moved offsite to a dumping ground?
      do the dealer service departments send their techs on all day field trips to the dumping grounds to check on rotting cars?
      The cars that are at the "dumping grounds" are the cars that were bought back from customers. The cars that we are talking about here are brand new 2015 TDIs that were never sold. These were kept by the dealers (possibly at their own off site locations along with their other new inventory) VW did pay dealers to inspect these vehicles every 30 days.

Vehicles
      2017 A7 3.0T Prestige S-Line Black Optic Pkg
      04-19-2017 04:31 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      And Jettas and Passats? Good thing MK7s are the only TDIs they sold...
      TDI's (Golf or not) had an average days sales of around 60 days or less pre-Diesel Gate. There will be exceptions, just like anything, but to say all 2015 models are 3 years old is incorrect. #fakenews

5. 04-19-2017 04:33 PM #80
      buy used/new/old TDI, chip it.

/likeaboss.jpg
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1987 Peugeot PB-18 – Manual Power
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Mustang GT Premium; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      04-19-2017 04:50 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by masa8888 View Post
      but to say all 2015 models are 3 years old is incorrect. #fakenews
      That would be great if that was actually what I said, hoss. #fakenews

7. 04-19-2017 05:02 PM #82
      and what happens once the cars are moved offsite to a dumping ground?
      do the dealer service departments send their techs on all day field trips to the dumping grounds to check on rotting cars?
      I quoted someone who was referring to the new unsold 2015s that have been on the dealers lots.

The "dumping ground" cars are the 09-15 buyback cars.

Dealerships were supposed to be servicing the new unsold 2015s for the last year and a half.

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 05:27 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by joeydog View Post
      The cars that are at the "dumping grounds" are the cars that were bought back from customers. The cars that we are talking about here are brand new 2015 TDIs that were never sold. These were kept by the dealers (possibly at their own off site locations along with their other new inventory) VW did pay dealers to inspect these vehicles every 30 days.
      ok fine but thats going to be a fairly low percentage of 2015 cars right? and an even lower percentage of the total TDI's out there.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 05:34 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by shawshank redemption View Post
      I quoted someone who was referring to the new unsold 2015s that have been on the dealers lots.

The "dumping ground" cars are the 09-15 buyback cars.

Dealerships were supposed to be servicing the new unsold 2015s for the last year and a half.
      honestly i doubt beyond charging dead batteries and adding air to flat tires, that very little is actually being done to these dealer lot 2015's.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

10. 04-19-2017 05:49 PM #85
      honestly i doubt beyond charging dead batteries and adding air to flat tires, that very little is actually being done to these dealer lot 2015's.
      My dealership changed the oil and filters a couple times over the 18 months also put a few miles on the car every month. Not much more needs to be done to a car in the first couple years.

Back to the original point. The cars were not just sitting for 2 years neglected. Then part of the process for selling the TDIs, dealers check over batteries, brakes, tires and fluids.

11. 04-19-2017 06:15 PM #86
      My dealership changed the oil and filters a couple times over the 18 months also put a few miles on the car every month. Not much more needs to be done to a car in the first couple years.

Back to the original point. The cars were not just sitting for 2 years neglected. Then part of the process for selling the TDIs, dealers check over batteries, brakes, tires and fluids.
      The only reason I am not already driving mine is that there is a detailed checklist handed down by VW that must be strictly adhered to before the cars are released.

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2000 BMW 323I 5spd
      04-19-2017 06:33 PM #87
      Question to dealership finance folks.

How will this contract be viewed by the bank buying the loan? Will they treat like a used car meaning shorter terms taking into account the depreciated value at the end of the term?

Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi Jeep CJ3B
      04-19-2017 06:49 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      Question to dealership finance folks.

How will this contract be viewed by the bank buying the loan? Will they treat like a used car meaning shorter terms taking into account the depreciated value at the end of the term?
      It will finance as a brand new car
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

14. 04-19-2017 07:10 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by masa8888 View Post
      As far as I know, all cars are being checked up on a monthly basis with tires, batteries, and fluids replaced as necessary. If I was in the market, I'd probably take a serious look into picking up a new 2015 GSW TDI for my wife.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Sorry, but I don't buy that at all.
      Me either ! My local dealer has 15 or so that have not moved in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04-19-2017 07:31 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      There's also a $1000 Loyalty bonus right now on new models. I'm not sure this applies to the 'new' TDIs.

I just emailed my local dealer to see what they have.
      Does the Loyalty bonus apply to aircooled cars?

Chris
      | 2017 Korean Appliance SE | 2008 Suburban LTZ | 2003 Dodge Ram | 2002 BMW 530i con mañuel | 1974 SuperBeetle x 2 | 1979 Camaro | 1975 Scout |
      The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler sport, 2015 GTI SE w/ PP
      04-19-2017 09:00 PM #91
      I just got this email from my preferred VW dealer about this.

All Volkswagen Customers:

Recently, Volkswagen of America announced immediately the release for SALE to the public all in stock 2015 Brand New and Dealership demos of Jetta, Golf and Passat TDi diesel vehicles.

This long anticipated event is now here as of April 17th, 2017.

Please Hurry... Our expectations are that these vehicles will sell very fast to the public, so we wanted to reach out to our previous customer and offer first choice selection to current and past Kings VW owners.

We have available to our customers over 43 Brand New-Untitled TDi's for immediate sale and release and of those a few dealer demos are also included.

These New TDi diesel vehicles have the full factory new vehicle warranty with the start date of April 17, 2017 and will get the full bumper to bumper and powertrain coverage (demos sold will have the warranty available less the current miles on the odometer).

The best pricing deal is up to $8,500.00 off original MSRP when the customer selects a VW credit 24 month lease or ZERO percent financing up to 72 months and $5,000.00 off original MSRP when VW credit financing is selected as an option.

Sorry, NO dealers can participate in this offer.

Disclaimer: No other incentives available in combination with this limited time offer. Credit approval thru Volkswagen Credit required for qualified customers on lease and 0.0% financing offers. No additional discount for cash purchases. See dealer for details.
      "Look pal, I'm an engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like: what is beauty? Because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of Philosophy. I solve practical problems!" ~ Dell C.
      Proud owner of a 2015 GTI SE (midnight blue) with performance pack, lighting package and 6 speed

17. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-19-2017 09:06 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      Does the Loyalty bonus apply to aircooled cars?

Chris
      Well, I have that covered!

As long as I wouldn't have to trade it in, of course.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

18. 04-20-2017 10:59 AM #93
      Best guess, 90% of these will sell at this deal and a few lower spec remaining cars will take a bit more (local dealer funded) incentive to shift.
      Right now the dealers are very clear in the sales memo that the package is the package... that's because VW are paying for it not them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. 04-20-2017 12:12 PM #94
      Just as a heads-up to anyone contemplating buying one of these. On TDIclub a few folks have shown photos of some of these cars and described some other potential issues arising from storage.

Inspect the area around the door handles for corrosion. Photos have been shown of two different cars, two different colours, which showed corrosion bubbling through the paint at the corner in the sheet metal where the fixed part of the door handle attaches. Inspect all around all four door handles particularly underneath. The door handle openings appear to be a corrosion weak spot (thin paint, possibly).

Inspect the headliner. There have been a couple reports of dirty (damaged?) headliners. It's not 100% sure, but it's possible that some of these cars may have blocked sunroof drains (from dust and debris settling on them and then getting into the gap around the sunroof and never getting blown out), which leads to water getting into the space above the headliner.

Don't be buying one of these sight-unseen, and do a very careful inspection yourself.

Vehicles
      Golf GTI 7
      04-20-2017 12:23 PM #95
      So the fix wont be completed until next year.

Two-stage fix

The fix involves an initial software change available now. A second phase of the fix will start in about a year, when VW will install more software updates and new hardware, including a diesel particulate filter, diesel oxidation catalyst and nitrous oxide (NOx) catalyst.

The emissions modification will be offered at no charge to Canadians who already own affected vehicles.

http://canada.autonews.com/article/2...sels-from-2015

21. 04-20-2017 12:24 PM #96
      We had 24 "new" 2015 TDIs last week. Today we have 2.
      Frankly I'm stunned these sold so fast. I thought the "deal" was not good enough to move them.
      Must be a ton of die hard TDI fans out there.
      Good luck to them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 12:57 PM #97

i stand corrected.

however, i still dont think this upkeep process is sufficient to only cut $5k off the price.
      i got $3500 and $4000 off brand new, not sitting 2+ years, VW's with very little to no real negotiation.

so to only get just a little bit more on a TDI thats been mostly sitting for a couple years just doesnt do it for me.

as a funny... i mentioned it to the wife yesterday.
      and she basically said, "so i can go out and buy the exact same car we just sold back using up all the money they just gave us?". essentially... if we were going to do that, why didnt we just keep the car we had?

to which i rebutted, no it would cost $1k less. (we got $4k off on her JSW)
      but dont get the sunroof model, and it would be another $1800 less.
      forgo the extended warranty we got last time, so thats another $2k less.
      stop being lazy and get a manual, another $1100 less...

see it is cheaper... (with less stuff)
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 12:59 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      We had 24 "new" 2015 TDIs last week. Today we have 2.
      Frankly I'm stunned these sold so fast. I thought the "deal" was not good enough to move them.
      Must be a ton of die hard TDI fans out there.
      Good luck to them.

maybe i was wrong there???
      i absolutely would not have excepted multiple dealerships to move our 22 'new' TDI's in a week much less ONE dealership.

do you know if your dealer is sweetening the deal beyond that $5k discount?
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

24. 04-20-2017 02:00 PM #99

i absolutely would not have excepted multiple dealerships to move our 22 'new' TDI's in a week much less ONE dealership.

I don't know for sure but I would imagine we are. I can't believe people are buying these things for only 5k off.

25. 04-20-2017 03:13 PM #100

There was no extra offering at my dealership...and why would they less than a week after the cars were released without seeing what the demand was like first? There aren't many out there and when they are gone - they are gone. One NH dealer only had 3. My dealer had just over 80 cars and they are selling faster than they can prep them.

I stopped in to take a look at mine today and they were still putting it through the process. Still hoping to take delivery this weekend. Loving the night blue in person on the wagon.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast