VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed 2015 TDI offer: $5,000 factory cash back + 0%

Vehicles
      Golf R
      04-20-2017 03:20 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      I don't know for sure but I would imagine we are. I can't believe people are buying these things for only 5k off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      0% for 72 has certainly lots to do with it ...
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

Vehicles
      91 Jetta Coupe
      04-20-2017 03:41 PM #102
      Can anyone in Canada comment on any available incentives? Will we get the same offering or get the shaft like usual

Vehicles
      14 Mazda6 Touring, 05 Sienna LE, 04 Saab 9-5W, 93 S4, 02 Ninja 250
      04-20-2017 03:45 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      There was no extra offering at my dealership...and why would they less than a week after the cars were released without seeing what the demand was like first? There aren't many out there and when they are gone - they are gone. One NH dealer only had 3. My dealer had just over 80 cars and they are selling faster than they can prep them.

I stopped in to take a look at mine today and they were still putting it through the process. Still hoping to take delivery this weekend. Loving the night blue in person on the wagon.
      i get it. but the other guys dealer had 24 and sold 22... in a week. thats a LOT of TDI's (considering public opinion of TDI's over the past year) going out the door in a short amount of time for one dealer.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

2.0 TDI "BHW" engine partout - @tdiclub @vwvortex

Vehicles
      Golf GTI 7
      04-20-2017 03:59 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by MKII Golfman View Post
      Can anyone in Canada comment on any available incentives? Will we get the same offering or get the shaft like usual

These are the TDI deals in Canada:

MY15 Golf TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $8,000

MY15 Sportwagen TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR

MY15 Jetta TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,500 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $8,500

MY15 Passat TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $7,500 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $9,500

MY15 Beetle TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $7,700

Offer valid from April 11 to April 30th.

Vehicles
      91 Jetta Coupe
      04-20-2017 04:24 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      These are the TDI deals in Canada:

MY15 Golf TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR

MY15 Sportwagen TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR

MY15 Jetta TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,500 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $8,500

MY15 Passat TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $7,500 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $9,500

MY15 Beetle TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
      Customer Cash Up to $7,700

Offer valid from April 11 to April 30th.
      Thanks Hajduk! Does anyone know if dealers are obligated to let potential clients know about these incentives? I called a local dealer and they told me no incentives were available?

6. 04-20-2017 05:05 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      i get it. but the other guys dealer had 24 and sold 22... in a week. thats a LOT of TDI's (considering public opinion of TDI's over the past year) going out the door in a short amount of time for one dealer.
      Normal people have already forgotten about it for the most part. It is still clear to TCL because we see it on our screen every day still. Everyone else is now talking about Trump, Aaron Hernandez, etc.

I made the decision because I can get rid of a lot of negative equity on my current car, get more miles for my .40 a mile work allotment, and am going to pay 0%. Add the extensive extended warranty and this is a deal I can't afford to pass up.

And the fact that it might also make some Prius drivers shake their fists is just an added bonus.

7. 04-20-2017 10:10 PM #107
      Remember.. the public opinion is the same one saying that Hillary would win. I am finding public opinion not worth what they charge for it.

The folks who bought it because it was "clean"... have moved on... Now the true tdi folks are left. And when they run out, its over.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      04-20-2017 10:57 PM #108
      that may or may not have just been your perception at the time.
      some of the people over at TDI have seen the fix, and have not mentioned a notable change pre/post fix to mileage or performance.
      I find this highly unbelievable.
      So VW spent how much time trying to figure out how to fix this issue without a dramatic performance drop before the EPA called for a stop sale, and couldn't....
      ...But now they did something and it ok per the EPA is is noticeably different?
      Either VW is so incompetent I wouldn't trust a toaster they designed, or the TDI fans are intentionally downplaying the performance hit because they want their beloved TDIs to become beloved again.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 11:23 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find this highly unbelievable.
      So VW spent how much time trying to figure out how to fix this issue without a dramatic performance drop before the EPA called for a stop sale, and couldn't....
      ...But now they did something and it ok per the EPA is is noticeably different?
      Either VW is so incompetent I wouldn't trust a toaster they designed, or the TDI fans are intentionally downplaying the performance hit because they want their beloved TDIs to become beloved again.
      That is possible. Could be filling themselves a little bit. Would def like to see some proof, dyno runs, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

10. 04-21-2017 01:17 AM #110
      If these cars are selling as well as some claim here, then VW has some serious soul searching to do.

They claim they are done with diesel models here in the USA, but it appears that the consumers are certainly NOT at all.

I think we do know that most typical diesel customers are NOT interested in an electric car in any shape or form at this point and until batteries become much more advanced they are still just a novelty for people with money to burn....

So VWoA and VW Canada I think you need to once again RETHINK the plans you have, or else your sales and customers
      are going to likely disappear.

11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      04-21-2017 08:56 AM #111
      That is possible. Could be filling themselves a little bit. Would def like to see some proof, dyno runs, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
      Sorrry, didn't mean to be too....mean in VW and TDI fans.
      Maybe VW was bluffing the EPA hoping the EPA would back down and EPA called their bluff...to avoid spending a grand or whatever in each car.
      Somebody needs to compare an original and post fix TDI of similar spec - more curious about mpg than hp.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

04-21-2017 10:59 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by dr whos it View Post
      If these cars are selling as well as some claim here, then VW has some serious soul searching to do.

They claim they are done with diesel models here in the USA, but it appears that the consumers are certainly NOT at all.

I think we do know that most typical diesel customers are NOT interested in an electric car in any shape or form at this point and until batteries become much more advanced they are still just a novelty for people with money to burn....

So VWoA and VW Canada I think you need to once again RETHINK the plans you have, or else your sales and customers
      are going to likely disappear.
      LOL it's just pent-up demand and there aren't many units for sale anyways.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R

13. 04-21-2017 11:06 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by MAGICGTI View Post
      Exactly.. Not sure what the total number of available cars is in the US, but I think it is around 11k. If you consider how many people have already participated in the buyback it isn't surprising there is a high demand. I think this is reflective of the TDI loyalist/enthusiast rather than the general public. This is probably the last chance for anyone to own a "new" TDI from VW...ever...

Vehicles
      Burnt Camaro, ATS
      04-21-2017 11:10 AM #114
      My buddy turned in his 2010 TDI, got the check and then bought a 2015 TDI.

He is ridiculously happy. Paid something like $3k to own a car for 7 years, then gets a "new" one for 5k off and 0% for 72.

Vehicles
      17 Golf R, 15 VW Tiguan, 93 LX Foxbody, 70 C10 5.3L LS
      04-21-2017 11:15 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      My buddy turned in his 2010 TDI, got the check and then bought a 2015 TDI.

He is ridiculously happy. Paid something like $3k to own a car for 7 years, then gets a "new" one for 5k off and 0% for 72.
      in all honesty though if you're happy with the TDI, its a great deal.

you made bank on the old one, and got what you know and love at a deep discount.

Vehicles
      04-21-2017 11:53 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      Normal people have already forgotten about it for the most part. It is still clear to TCL because we see it on our screen every day still. Everyone else is now talking about Trump, Aaron Hernandez, etc.

I made the decision because I can get rid of a lot of negative equity on my current car, get more miles for my .40 a mile work allotment, and am going to pay 0%. Add the extensive extended warranty and this is a deal I can't afford to pass up.

And the fact that it might also make some Prius drivers shake their fists is just an added bonus.
      I dont know that i agree that normal people have forgotten.

I work with a bunch of normal people... and at the points I have mentioned the TDI buyback, etc... its always seemed like a negative interaction. They wouldnt want a car that VW lied about and broke the law to produce... no matter that VW has paid the price and is fixing them. Few of those "normal" people would have even considered a TDI before, I would venture that (in my circle) this number is closing in on zero who would consider one now.

Just because Trump has the headlines doesnt mean people forget isht like this.

Now. I can see where some people will forgive. And in some cases, that might be a smart choice.
      But IMO, for your situation, there is likely a better way to get out of your current car/negative equity situation then to jump into a fixed VW TDI. The future of these cars reliability, performance, and resale are huge unknowns at this point.

Seems to me the argument to jump into a AEM fixed VW TDI instead of say a CPO Prius or Volt seems more emotional than financial/logical. (thumbing your nose a prius drivers)

I love VW TDI's, more than most... but the future of these cars is speculation.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

Vehicles
      04-21-2017 11:55 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Sorrry, didn't mean to be too....mean in VW and TDI fans.
      Maybe VW was bluffing the EPA hoping the EPA would back down and EPA called their bluff...to avoid spending a grand or whatever in each car.
      Somebody needs to compare an original and post fix TDI of similar spec - more curious about mpg than hp.
      nah i agree.

i want the fix to not affect anything negatively.
      but i also want to see proof.
      epitome
      Mr. Money Mustache

18. 04-21-2017 01:09 PM #118
      I dont know that i agree that normal people have forgotten.

I work with a bunch of normal people... and at the points I have mentioned the TDI buyback, etc... its always seemed like a negative interaction. They wouldnt want a car that VW lied about and broke the law to produce... no matter that VW has paid the price and is fixing them. Few of those "normal" people would have even considered a TDI before, I would venture that (in my circle) this number is closing in on zero who would consider one now.

Just because Trump has the headlines doesnt mean people forget isht like this.

Now. I can see where some people will forgive. And in some cases, that might be a smart choice.
      But IMO, for your situation, there is likely a better way to get out of your current car/negative equity situation then to jump into a fixed VW TDI. The future of these cars reliability, performance, and resale are huge unknowns at this point.

Seems to me the argument to jump into a AEM fixed VW TDI instead of say a CPO Prius or Volt seems more emotional than financial/logical. (thumbing your nose a prius drivers)

I love VW TDI's, more than most... but the future of these cars is speculation.
      Well I talked to multiple customers this week through my job (sales) conversationally about buying the car and not one of them really had anything to say one way or the other. Mentioning the scandal mostly got blank looks. Maybe because your coworkers have heard you talk about your TDI over the past year and a half you are getting a different reaction. I won't even get into the argument about whether or not the general public has a short memory...you can have your opinion and I have mine.

There is nothing emotional about this purchase so I am not sure where you are getting that. This will be the first diesel car I will ever own - and probably the last.

And why would I buy a used Prius or Volt when I would pay higher interest and I have no interest in driving either one of those cars 40k miles a year? It was a joke about Prius owners anyway so try to not to be so serious. My best friend since high school has driven Prius' for years and I always give him good natured ribbing about it.

I also have an EXCELLENT VW dealership that I have bought my last three cars from and get most of my service done there after finding out their pricing is on par or in some cases less than an indy shop I had been using. The service writers go out of their way to make sure repairs are done quickly, they give me "coupons" off of service work because I go there all of the time, and always have a new loaner available for me whenever the need arises.

19. 04-21-2017 02:50 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by MAGICGTI View Post
      Yet you state that there IS demand. Pent up demand at least. I say that those consumers will continue to exist.
      Also true that MOST consumers either don't know about the EPA issues or don't care one way or another.

Many folks including myself feel that the EPA has overreached and been too invasive in its mission.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2011 Sonata Limited
      04-21-2017 03:51 PM #120
      It's amusing to me how many car buyers drop their guard when a manufacturer offers 0% financing. It's such a great tool for car companies, because it immediately allows them to charge more for a car, while the car buyer who thinks he is a financial guru is totally thrilled either way.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Mustang GT Premium; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      04-21-2017 03:57 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      It's amusing to me how many car buyers drop their guard when a manufacturer offers 0% financing. It's such a great tool for car companies, because it immediately allows them to charge more for a car, while the car buyer who thinks he is a financial guru is totally thrilled either way.
      youre virtually always better off taking the rebates and 1-2% financing

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2011 Sonata Limited
      04-21-2017 04:16 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      youre virtually always better off taking the rebates and 1-2% financing
      Yup, but that never stops the 0% guy from bragging about how great his loan is.

Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-21-2017 04:33 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Yup, but that never stops the 0% guy from bragging about how great his loan is.
      "I don't understand basic math!"
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      04-21-2017 04:48 PM #124
      Edmunds has a pretty good calculator for rebate vs. incentives
      https://www.edmunds.com/calculators/...s-rebates.html

Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

25. 04-21-2017 05:03 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Edmunds has a pretty good calculator for rebate vs. incentives
      https://www.edmunds.com/calculators/...s-rebates.html

For 2 dollar difference a month, I would take the higher payment with the lower loan amount. Always closer to the payoff in case of trade in or total loss.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast