VWVortex.com - Increase engine idle RPM via VCDS...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Increase engine idle RPM via VCDS...

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI, 2007 VW GTI (sold), 2013 Infiniti G37x Sedan
      04-20-2017 03:00 AM #1
      Just came across this mod on a YouTube channel I am subscribed to. I have done numerous tweaks on my GTI but never knew this would possible. The guy in the video (who has a VERY heavily modified GTI) explains some of the "benefits". Not sure how I feel about doing this, would hate to harm the engine in any way. Just wondering if anyone has done this or would be willing to try it...

Side note, check out some of the videos on his YouTube channel. I would guess it is one of the fastest GTIs in the country.
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

2. 04-20-2017 03:24 AM #2
      Bumping up rpm 50 will not hurt anything

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2016 GTI SE CSG 6 SPD PP LP
      04-20-2017 01:37 PM #3
      Been curious about this myself but for a different reason than stated in the video.

I am hoping it will make starting from a complete stop in 1st gear a little smoother and more consistent with a manual transmission car. I've noticed that on cold start when the idle revs are higher (close to 1000 rpm) for the first minute or so of driving, first gear clutch engagement is smoother. After the idle revs drop to 650-700 rpm it becomes trickier to have a smooth start without giving excessive gas or slipping the clutch too much on a consistent basis.

I've always chalked this up to my driving style (I like to slip the clutch as little as possible while still being smooth), as well as the 1st gear + Final ratio in the manual transmission cars. The discrepancy between stopped and crawl speed is roughly 4-5 mph or close to 1000 rpm. Upping the idle revs a small amount might help close this gap a bit.

Anyone have thoughts on that or a similar experience?
      2016 GTI SE | 4DR CSG 6MT PP LP - Build Thread | My Garage
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      VWR Springs | Flush Kit | AWE Track Edition | Folding Mirrors | LED Tails | 034 Insert | Shifter Bushings | S3 Short Shifter | Clutch Delay Delete | SS Clutch Line | aFe Pro Dry S | deAutoKey | OBD11

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 GTI SE MT
      04-20-2017 03:55 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by nicholam77 View Post
      Been curious about this myself but for a different reason than stated in the video.

I am hoping it will make starting from a complete stop in 1st gear a little smoother and more consistent with a manual transmission car. I've noticed that on cold start when the idle revs are higher (close to 1000 rpm) for the first minute or so of driving, first gear clutch engagement is smoother. After the idle revs drop to 650-700 rpm it becomes trickier to have a smooth start without giving excessive gas or slipping the clutch too much on a consistent basis.

I've always chalked this up to my driving style (I like to slip the clutch as little as possible while still being smooth), as well as the 1st gear + Final ratio in the manual transmission cars. The discrepancy between stopped and crawl speed is roughly 4-5 mph or close to 1000 rpm. Upping the idle revs a small amount might help close this gap a bit.

Anyone have thoughts on that or a similar experience?
      I feel like it was easier to start smoothly in my Mk7 TDI which idled around 850-900 than it is in the GTI I drive now (650-700 idle speed).

Vehicles
      2016 GTI SE CSG 6 SPD PP LP
      04-22-2017 12:01 AM #6
      Anyone able to code the idle RPM correction with OBDeleven? I tried tonight but it didn't work. Kept saying "Something went wrong please try again later" when clicking on the adaptation channel. Before attempting I updated the app to the latest.
      2016 GTI SE | 4DR CSG 6MT PP LP - Build Thread | My Garage
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      VWR Springs | Flush Kit | AWE Track Edition | Folding Mirrors | LED Tails | 034 Insert | Shifter Bushings | S3 Short Shifter | Clutch Delay Delete | SS Clutch Line | aFe Pro Dry S | deAutoKey | OBD11

For advertising information click HERE