VWVortex.com - File this under "When BMW Made the Best Sedans" -- All Original E34 M5
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: File this under "When BMW Made the Best Sedans" -- All Original E34 M5

Vehicles
      2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited
      04-24-2017 06:42 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Sorry but this one looks like a Stance-twerkes car compared to the one Hushy posted. Stock ride height and ambers > slizammed and clears.
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

Vehicles
      2006 Lancer Evo 9, 2013 FR-S
      04-24-2017 08:39 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      The E34 M5 is the only M5 worth owning (in my humble opinion). The best of the best. I should probably buy one before prices go insane.
      I have to concur with you and DeeJoker. Last of the inline 6 M5's, last handbuilt M5 and the last one built in the M-shop rather than on the regular 5 series line. Real treat to own and drive. I gave mine up in the Great Recession for a lot more than I paid for it, but have definitely missed it.

Not to take away from the OP or car being sold now, but just for Rule#1. Here's a few pics of my 1991 Diamondschwarz Metalic with White Interior (first pic with prev owner's plate):

Obviously, I loved the clear indicators and Hella smoked rears on mine

Vehicles
      12 Mazdaspeed 3, 91 MX5
      04-24-2017 09:12 PM #53
      Great looking car

I'm dying to know - how did you get that interior photo to turn out so well? Is the car in the shade?

I shoot tons of car photos for work and doing dark colored interiors in the middle of the day is the bane of my existence.
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      Creep my new instagram - Chrispluscars

4. Member
      Vehicles
      1995 M3
      04-25-2017 12:06 AM #54
      Nice shots, hushypushy.

When I close my eyes and think "BMW", this car is what I picture.
      Last edited by Charlie84; 04-25-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Vehicles
      e-Golf + Boxster
      04-25-2017 11:49 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Great looking car

I'm dying to know - how did you get that interior photo to turn out so well? Is the car in the shade?

I shoot tons of car photos for work and doing dark colored interiors in the middle of the day is the bane of my existence.
      Yeah, the key is even lighting. I did the interior shots with the car parked here:

I shot cars for a dealership for a few years and yeah, interior shots can be tricky. You don't want to be in too dark of shade, but bright lighting creates harsh shadows and blown out highlights.

It depends on what you're going for; ideally you want to be in "bright shade" or some kind of diffused light. If all that matters is the interior itself, you can create a mobile studio by draping a white bed sheet over the greenhouse of the car. Voila, bright pure white diffused light. And if you want to get professional with that setup, use a tripod and combine the exposures with and without the sheet to perfectly expose inside and out

But if time is a factor and you have to shoot with standard harsh lighting, I have two tips for you: one, consider the angle of the sun. Usually if it's coming from the front or back of the car, you're okay; from the side will create weird shadows and make it hard to get a clean exposure. The other tip is to use negative exposure compensation. Cameras tend to overexpose car interiors anyway (the electronics get fooled by a sea of dark material), but especially in harsh lighting you want to under-expose because it's easier to add shadows than recover blown highlights.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie84 View Post
      Nice shots, hushypushy.

When I close my eyes and think "BMW", this car is what I picture.
      Damn, not your E36 M3 eh?

I think they're both equally good looking on the outside, but the E34 has a phenomenally better interior IMO.
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road. [Updated 4/7]

Vehicles
      Personal: 2017 SS, 1997 LS1/T56 V90 Work: 2012 Camry L
      04-25-2017 04:47 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      Yeah, the key is even lighting. I did the interior shots with the car parked here:

*Charlie brown adults talking noise*
      Wat

Back to the subject matter, I rode in this car after watching "The Fast and The Furious" when it was re-released during its 15th year anniversary last year. Love the rear "buckets". It was a very comfortable car even for 4 growned adults to ride in.

It's long been my favorite M car, only trumped by the E34 M5 touring.

Anxiously awaiting the auction results. So far, BaT has been playing nicely, even if that one jimmy rustler tried using the "candid talk" on the DWA! podcast to catch Art up but he was no match for JDMArt and his F5 skills
      LS1 Volvo Thread

Previously owned - MkV R32 #3917, 2008 Silverado 1500 VHO 4x4

Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-25-2017 05:18 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Wat

Back to the subject matter, I rode in this car after watching "The Fast and The Furious" when it was re-released during its 15th year anniversary last year. Love the rear "buckets". It was a very comfortable car even for 4 growned adults to ride in.

It's long been my favorite M car, only trumped by the E34 M5 touring.

Anxiously awaiting the auction results. So far, BaT has been playing nicely, even if that one jimmy rustler tried using the "candid talk" on the DWA! podcast to catch Art up but he was no match for JDMArt and his F5 skills
      Furiously slapping that F5.

Agreed on the E34 being my favorite M, especially the Touring. That's just the pinnacle of driving dynamics and refinement. The E28 was more fun, the E39 was more refined, but the E34 was just right.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Vehicles
      I used to drive a Rabbit5GTI or something. May also own a NATO Sand Jeep.
      04-25-2017 05:35 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Furiously slapping that F5.

Agreed on the E34 being my favorite M, especially the Touring. That's just the pinnacle of driving dynamics and refinement. The E28 was more fun, the E39 was more refined, but the E34 was just right.
      How many loads were blown over that green touring that was just sold on BaT?

Many. The answer is many.
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Vehicles
      Personal: 2017 SS, 1997 LS1/T56 V90 Work: 2012 Camry L
      04-25-2017 06:05 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      How many loads were blown over that green touring that was just sold on BaT?

Many. The answer is many.
      Brendan actually got turned off by the pointy elbows, aka the bid price. Would not fap; BaT inflated sale price -2/10

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-touring/

I was more a fan of this blue boy that popped up a couple years ago. If it had that hazelnut interior from the elekta I would probably still be enjoying a Sting-level tantric orgasm.
      LS1 Volvo Thread

Previously owned - MkV R32 #3917, 2008 Silverado 1500 VHO 4x4

Vehicles
      I used to drive a Rabbit5GTI or something. May also own a NATO Sand Jeep.
      04-25-2017 06:08 PM #60
      Brendan actually got turned off by the pointy elbows, aka the bid price. Would not fap; BaT inflated sale price -2/10

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-touring/

I was more a fan of this blue boy that popped up a couple years ago. If it had that hazelnut interior from the elekta I would probably still be enjoying a Sting-level tantric orgasm.
      I like to have my loads blown to funny-money jnms. So the pointy-elbows sale price gave me no ****s.

What it must be like to drop 120k on something and not bat an eye. Rollin in 300k a year pre-tax must be able to do it, rite?
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-25-2017 06:13 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      I like to have my loads blown to funny-money jnms. So the pointy-elbows sale price gave me no ****s.

What it must be like to drop 120k on something and not bat an eye. Rollin in 300k a year pre-tax must be able to do it, rite?
      $24k a month would about do it. As long as it doesn't have a rear wing.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Vehicles
      12 Mazdaspeed 3, 91 MX5
      04-25-2017 06:34 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      I shot cars for a dealership for a few years and yeah, interior shots can be tricky. You don't want to be in too dark of shade, but bright lighting creates harsh shadows and blown out highlights.

It depends on what you're going for; ideally you want to be in "bright shade" or some kind of diffused light. If all that matters is the interior itself, you can create a mobile studio by draping a white bed sheet over the greenhouse of the car. Voila, bright pure white diffused light. And if you want to get professional with that setup, use a tripod and combine the exposures with and without the sheet to perfectly expose inside and out

But if time is a factor and you have to shoot with standard harsh lighting, I have two tips for you: one, consider the angle of the sun. Usually if it's coming from the front or back of the car, you're okay; from the side will create weird shadows and make it hard to get a clean exposure. The other tip is to use negative exposure compensation. Cameras tend to overexpose car interiors anyway (the electronics get fooled by a sea of dark material), but especially in harsh lighting you want to under-expose because it's easier to add shadows than recover blown highlights.

Hope that helps
      Huge help

I've actually done the white bedsheet before, the problem is getting one large enough to drape over a Range Rover

I've been bugging my boss to get me a pop up garage tent thing to do interiors in, we just don't have any parking spaces to spare at the moment.
      GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
      Creep my new instagram - Chrispluscars

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123