VWVortex.com - Build help
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Build help

1. 04-20-2017 10:57 PM #1
      I'm currently planning on adding bosch 550cc, IE high flow fuel rail, 4 bar bosch FPR, to my mk4 gli with a stage 2 unitronic from the previous owner and I need to know if they'll be a straight bolt on or if I'll have to contact unitronic and switch the ownership license and get the car retuned.

Vehicles
      2003 GTI 20AE #1901
      04-21-2017 09:52 AM #2
      Anytime you change injector size or fuel pressure, you will need to be retuned.

I have to ask though, why are you doing fueling upgrades with a stock turbo?
      2003 GTI 20AE #1901: my Jazz Blue racecar
      2014 GLI Edition 30 6M in Tornado Red: my wife's daily
      IG: @gasinmyveins18T

Vehicles
      2003 GTI 1.8T
      04-21-2017 02:37 PM #3
      The injectors and 4bar FPR will only make you run rich, even if you could tune it to run well on the stock turbo it wont benefit you to run those injectors and FPR unless you upgrade to big turbo (GT28RS range).

For stage 2 software on stock turbo, just retune as long as you have upgraded downpipe, FMIC or upgraded SMIC and upgraded diverter valve.

4. 04-21-2017 04:59 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by GasInMyVeins View Post
      Anytime you change injector size or fuel pressure, you will need to be retuned.

I have to ask though, why are you doing fueling upgrades with a stock turbo?
      I'm planning to change the turbo soon but because money it'll be a little later down the road.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th AE GTI
      04-21-2017 06:38 PM #5
      You will definitely need to get retuned.

The injection calculation uses a table for the response time of the solenoid in the fuel injector vs the current battery voltage. The response time will be different in your new injectors. There is also a constant value that relates to the max flow rate of the injector that will need to be changed.

As stated, any time you change to a new injector, or edit your base fuel pressure, you will need to get retuned because you will require a new injector constant and battery voltage compensation table.

Hold off on buying fuel injectors until you buy, or at least decide on what turbo you will be using. You want to make sure you buy injectors that can supply enough fuel for whatever airflow your turbo is capable of
      Rifle drilled IE rods-Stock AWP head-TT 225 intake manifold-Audi V8 MAF with 3.5" cone filter-PagParts bottom mount V band manifold-.63ar Vband JB Precision 5558-TiAL 38mm Vband wastegate-PagParts downpipe-Sound Performance 3" boost actuated cutout-2.5" Vband Catback-TiAL QR-Snow Stage 2 WMI-Diesel Geek Sigma Six short shifter-ClutchNet 6 puck clutch-Genesis II 1000cc-Bosch 044 inline-Maestro Tuned

6. 04-21-2017 06:44 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
      You will definitely need to get retuned.

The injection calculation uses a table for the response time of the solenoid in the fuel injector vs the current battery voltage. The response time will be different in your new injectors. There is also a constant value that relates to the max flow rate of the injector that will need to be changed.

As stated, any time you change to a new injector, or edit your base fuel pressure, you will need to get retuned because you will require a new injector constant and battery voltage compensation table.
      Will I be able to edit the fuel using the maestro suite? and is there a better programming tool?

Vehicles
      BMP 20th AE GTI
      04-21-2017 07:01 PM #7
      You can do that with maestro. I havent messed around with Maestro for a while, but my experience with it hasnt been great. If you dont want to learn to tune, which isnt exactly easy, take it to a local shop or have Gonzo (is he still around?) remote tune it for you or something.
      Rifle drilled IE rods-Stock AWP head-TT 225 intake manifold-Audi V8 MAF with 3.5" cone filter-PagParts bottom mount V band manifold-.63ar Vband JB Precision 5558-TiAL 38mm Vband wastegate-PagParts downpipe-Sound Performance 3" boost actuated cutout-2.5" Vband Catback-TiAL QR-Snow Stage 2 WMI-Diesel Geek Sigma Six short shifter-ClutchNet 6 puck clutch-Genesis II 1000cc-Bosch 044 inline-Maestro Tuned

8. 04-21-2017 07:03 PM #8
      You can do that with maestro. I havent messed around with Maestro for a while, but my experience with it hasnt been great. If you dont want to learn to tune, which isnt exactly easy, take it to a local shop or have Gonzo (is he still around?) remote tune it for you or something.
      I learned some tuning when I was in school to be a mechanic and I'm doing mechanical engineering now so it shouldn't be too hard.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th AE GTI
      04-21-2017 07:15 PM #9
      Im in school for Mech Engineering too

Its not necessarily difficult to use Maestro, its just the fact that theres no support for the program anymore, and you dont exactly have full access to your ecu like you would if you were to tune with Nefmoto software. Maestro is basically just pretty wrapping paper that makes the whole process more user friendly. Im all for people learning to tune, but just be aware that theres no support from Eurodyne once you buy Maestro, and the help thread here is pretty dead now too. Basic tuning theories will still apply to shaping maps smoothly so interpolated values arent on steep slopes, and getting a general timing curve laid out isnt any different than a different car would be, but dealing with the whole torque based load calculations can get a little convoluted.

Anyways, if you plan to learn how to tune, get familiar with the Nefmoto site, and learn what you can over there because you wont find a better ME7 tuning resource on the internet

10. 04-21-2017 07:18 PM #10
      Im in school for Mech Engineering too

Its not necessarily difficult to use Maestro, its just the fact that theres no support for the program anymore, and you dont exactly have full access to your ecu like you would if you were to tune with Nefmoto software. Maestro is basically just pretty wrapping paper that makes the whole process more user friendly. Im all for people learning to tune, but just be aware that theres no support from Eurodyne once you buy Maestro, and the help thread here is pretty dead now too. Basic tuning theories will still apply to shaping maps smoothly so interpolated values arent on steep slopes, and getting a general timing curve laid out isnt any different than a different car would be, but dealing with the whole torque based load calculations can get a little convoluted.

Anyways, if you plan to learn how to tune, get familiar with the Nefmoto site, and learn what you can over there because you wont find a better ME7 tuning resource on the internet
      Will do thanks

For advertising information click HERE