Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Beware of Tracy VW

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 Rabbit, 1986 GTI, 1981 Caddy, 1999 Audi A4
      04-26-2017 11:28 AM #1
      My wife and I purchased our CPO Tiguan from Tracy VW back in early November. Here's a quick rundown of our issues:

-Sold the car with a flat tire and tires that needed immediate replacement
      -They did our sales paperwork for the wrong VIN
      -Misrepresented the extended warranty as a VW factory warranty
      -Didn't show us the warranty agreement and we did not sign the warranty agreement but they charged us for it
      -Didn't register our car until 3/28/17, almost 5 months after our purchase
      -Wrong VIN is still in our name
      -Did not respond to our BBB complaint

I contacted VW customer care and gave them 2 months to resolve my issues and got absolutely nowhere. In late March I filed a complaint with the BBB which Tracy VW has ignored. But only after the BBB complaint did the car get register in our name.

Hopefully no one else gets the kind of treatment we have received from this worthless dealership.

2. 04-26-2017 12:26 PM #2

If a General Manager really cares about his business practices.........he/she should have gotten involved. I don't know if they did or not, but the Dealership I work at >>>>>> the GM would have a field day with the Sales Dept!!!!!!!
      ***ORIGINAL OWNER*** ...............1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S, Hatchback, Brilliant Silver, Zenki "Hachi Roku" TRUENO

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 Rabbit, 1986 GTI, 1981 Caddy, 1999 Audi A4
      04-26-2017 03:00 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 1 can 'rado View Post

If a General Manager really cares about his business practices.........he/she should have gotten involved. I don't know if they did or not, but the Dealership I work at >>>>>> the GM would have a field day with the Sales Dept!!!!!!!
      I'm not exactly sure who the VW Customer Care was dealing with. The response I was given by the dealer (possibly the GM) through VWCC was to go to the DMV and show a proof of insurance. This was not the case at all and I was informed to contact the DMV investigations unit, which I've contacted but haven't followed through with. I've worked with so many great dealerships and I guess I was blind to the of Tracy VW.

4. 04-26-2017 08:26 PM #4
      Do a Yelp Review
      ***ORIGINAL OWNER*** ...............1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S, Hatchback, Brilliant Silver, Zenki "Hachi Roku" TRUENO

For advertising information click HERE