VWVortex.com - First look at an Atlas
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: First look at an Atlas

1. 06-18-2017 12:06 AM #1
      Had my Tiguans oil changed at the dealer today and got to look at the new Atlas. The one I looked at was a blue one Nice color. From they inside the size reminded me of my daughters Tahoe. Way too big for my taste. Compared it to a Toureg they had on the lot and the fit and finish on the Atlas was as good or better than the Touregs, for a lot less money. Now that the Toureg is no longer available with a two speed transfer case four wheel drive I can't see why anyone would select it over an Atlas. I think VW will do great with the Atlas.

2. 06-19-2017 03:31 PM #2
      I saw one in the dealership yesterday, I didn't look to closely,but It didn't impress me at all. There are a dozen other producers that have similar capability vehicles. I doubt the build is equal to the Touareg or Cayenne ,I do own a TREG and it is a tank of a build. Without a diesel it will not interest many people. I get over 30mpgs on the highway and tow 7000 lbs. I wish them well.

BTW people tell me the new Tiguan is a great car coming out.

3. 06-19-2017 04:05 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
      I saw one in the dealership yesterday, I didn't look to closely,but It didn't impress me at all. There are a dozen other producers that have similar capability vehicles. I doubt the build is equal to the Touareg or Cayenne ,I do own a TREG and it is a tank of a build. Without a diesel it will not interest many people. I get over 30mpgs on the highway and tow 7000 lbs. I wish them well.

It looks like the 2018 LWB Tiguan is going to be a great car. The 2 liter turbo, expected 29mpg on the hwy, lower price than the Atlas, increased cargo space over the old tiguan and the fact that it also has the 6 yr warranty makes me think I should wait to test drive a tiguan before I take home an Atlas.

4. 06-19-2017 05:44 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

i think with a diesel, it would sell like hotcakes. in fact, it probably was designed to have a diesel motor before dieselgate. When you open the fuel door, their is an empty space where the DEF filler goes.

5. 06-20-2017 11:58 PM #5
      Get over the diesel,it's done.More European cities are banning diesel vehicles probably forcing car makers to give up on them soon. Dead technology other than for large commercial vehicles , trains and ships.i did own two diesel VW thirty years ago and they were great at the time, replacing our 10 mpg Ford 460's but that was then.

6. 06-21-2017 11:33 PM #6
      The Atlas has cheap plastic central. The fit and finish is good, but much of it is made of cheap, hard plastic. I was not impressed. I would never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by IHC View Post
      Had my Tiguans oil changed at the dealer today and got to look at the new Atlas. The one I looked at was a blue one Nice color. From they inside the size reminded me of my daughters Tahoe. Way too big for my taste. Compared it to a Toureg they had on the lot and the fit and finish on the Atlas was as good or better than the Touregs, for a lot less money. Now that the Toureg is no longer available with a two speed transfer case four wheel drive I can't see why anyone would select it over an Atlas. I think VW will do great with the Atlas.

7. Today 12:12 AM #7
      What's the big deal with soft plastic surfaces? Do you guys fondle them all the time? Only time i touch most surfaces is during cleaning and it makes no difference if they are hard or soft. Durability matters more to me.

For advertising information click HERE