VWVortex.com - First look at an Atlas
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: First look at an Atlas

1. 06-18-2017 12:06 AM #1
      Had my Tiguans oil changed at the dealer today and got to look at the new Atlas. The one I looked at was a blue one Nice color. From they inside the size reminded me of my daughters Tahoe. Way too big for my taste. Compared it to a Toureg they had on the lot and the fit and finish on the Atlas was as good or better than the Touregs, for a lot less money. Now that the Toureg is no longer available with a two speed transfer case four wheel drive I can't see why anyone would select it over an Atlas. I think VW will do great with the Atlas.

2. 06-19-2017 03:31 PM #2
      I saw one in the dealership yesterday, I didn't look to closely,but It didn't impress me at all. There are a dozen other producers that have similar capability vehicles. I doubt the build is equal to the Touareg or Cayenne ,I do own a TREG and it is a tank of a build. Without a diesel it will not interest many people. I get over 30mpgs on the highway and tow 7000 lbs. I wish them well.

BTW people tell me the new Tiguan is a great car coming out.

3. 06-19-2017 04:05 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
      I saw one in the dealership yesterday, I didn't look to closely,but It didn't impress me at all. There are a dozen other producers that have similar capability vehicles. I doubt the build is equal to the Touareg or Cayenne ,I do own a TREG and it is a tank of a build. Without a diesel it will not interest many people. I get over 30mpgs on the highway and tow 7000 lbs. I wish them well.

It looks like the 2018 LWB Tiguan is going to be a great car. The 2 liter turbo, expected 29mpg on the hwy, lower price than the Atlas, increased cargo space over the old tiguan and the fact that it also has the 6 yr warranty makes me think I should wait to test drive a tiguan before I take home an Atlas.

4. 06-19-2017 05:44 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

i think with a diesel, it would sell like hotcakes. in fact, it probably was designed to have a diesel motor before dieselgate. When you open the fuel door, their is an empty space where the DEF filler goes.

5. 06-20-2017 11:58 PM #5
      Get over the diesel,it's done.More European cities are banning diesel vehicles probably forcing car makers to give up on them soon. Dead technology other than for large commercial vehicles , trains and ships.i did own two diesel VW thirty years ago and they were great at the time, replacing our 10 mpg Ford 460's but that was then.

6. Yesterday 11:33 PM #6
      The Atlas has cheap plastic central. The fit and finish is good, but much of it is made of cheap, hard plastic. I was not impressed. I would never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by IHC View Post
      Had my Tiguans oil changed at the dealer today and got to look at the new Atlas. The one I looked at was a blue one Nice color. From they inside the size reminded me of my daughters Tahoe. Way too big for my taste. Compared it to a Toureg they had on the lot and the fit and finish on the Atlas was as good or better than the Touregs, for a lot less money. Now that the Toureg is no longer available with a two speed transfer case four wheel drive I can't see why anyone would select it over an Atlas. I think VW will do great with the Atlas.

For advertising information click HERE