VWVortex.com - questions: jack point rubber, gas pedal switch, throttle blip on clutch release, oil filter stem
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: questions: jack point rubber, gas pedal switch, throttle blip on clutch release, oil filter stem

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R LSG 6MT
      06-18-2017 11:02 PM #1
      After jacking the car a few times with a HF 3-ton jack and hockey puck, some of the rubber coating on the front jack points got removed. Want to re-coat it. What is this stuff?

When pressing gas pedal all the way down, I can feel a switch. Is there one? What does it do?

If I release the clutch pedal in neutral, there's a slight blip in the throttle. It shows up on the tach. Is this a gear shift nanny they either forgot to or decided not to remove in neutral?

Changed the oil for the first time today. Filter stem is 2 pieces. I just put the new filter on top of the lower stem then threaded on the filter cover with the 2nd half. Did not see a way these 2 pieces interlock. Is this right?

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R Tech/DSG
      06-18-2017 11:33 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by WetMacula View Post
      When pressing gas pedal all the way down, I can feel a switch. Is there one? What does it do?
      That's the kickdown switch for the DSG. I'm not sure if anyone has IDed a function for it with the 6MT or if VW is just saving money using a single throttle pedal controller module for all cars.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      06-18-2017 11:34 PM #3
      The clutch disengagement and RPM increase is to prevent stalling. There's also some science behind it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R LSG 6MT
      06-18-2017 11:46 PM #4
      My right foot does that and I never stalled a car in neutral.

5. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R 6MT
      06-18-2017 11:59 PM #5
      I think you should push the filter into the filter housing then thread the housing on the base that is on the engine. That is the way I did it and they way that I have seen it done on you tube.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R LSG 6MT
      06-19-2017 12:11 AM #6
      Now that I think about it, I did put the filter on the housing first. It sticks to the housing when you remove it.

Vehicles
      16 R, 12 z4
      06-19-2017 07:49 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by WetMacula View Post
      After jacking the car a few times with a HF 3-ton jack and hockey puck, some of the rubber coating on the front jack points got removed. Want to re-coat it. What is this stuff?

If I release the clutch pedal in neutral, there's a slight blip in the throttle. It shows up on the tach. Is this a gear shift nanny they either forgot to or decided not to remove in neutral?

Changed the oil for the first time today. Filter stem is 2 pieces. I just put the new filter on top of the lower stem then threaded on the filter cover with the 2nd half. Did not see a way these 2 pieces interlock. Is this right?
      Some of my front jack parts have come off. You can just leave it or gets some 3m rubberized spray like I did and give it a little coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2016 Lapiz R - DCC/DSG -Res Delete - Hyper Black RSE102 - modded stock box- All DeAutoKey Leds-Double Apex Garage-Xpel Ulti

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      17 GTI Sport, 14 Golf TDI Man, 11 Tiquan 4Motion Man, 09 Crossfox, 04 R32, 99 Passat, 89 Jetta GLI
      06-19-2017 06:20 PM #8
      1. For jacking up the car I would recommend the ECS Jack Pad kit for your car. Works great and no damage to coating.
      2. Have a 6MT GTI Sport and don't feel this switch on the pedal, but it may be different for the R
      3. Don't have this blip happen on my GTI Sport, but again different than a R probably.
      4. Just changed the oil in my GTI Sport and I believe that the filter is the same for your R, and when I removed the housing with the filter the stem that moved was attached by a ball on one end to the insert in the housing, so don't understand why yours would be in two pieces. Just slid the new filter over the stem and open centering rod in the main housing and screwed it back on.

9. 06-20-2017 08:36 AM #9
      Info re the oil filter "stem": http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ght=oil+filter.

and: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7#post98637857

I vaguely recall that DAP may also have mentioned this change in one of their recent YouTube videos. As suggested by kornsined, this ^ is/may be what is called a "running change" in the biz that goes unannounced except in-house to authorized dealers.
      Last edited by RennWerks; 06-20-2017 at 08:46 AM.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R LSG 6MT
      Yesterday 11:01 PM #10
      Thanks guys. I definitely have the 2-piece filter stem. Was nervous I may have installed it wrong but the car's been fine for days.

The ECS jack kit looks nice but not worth $90. Problem is I'm stuck with a gravel/dirt driveway for now. Difficult to jack and work under. I have 2-piece race ramps which help a lot.

Throttle blip is annoying and so is music volume attenuation anytime parking sensors beep about something. Happens anytime I let it roll back too far in neutral at a light or on a hill. Any way to disable sound attenuation with park sensors on?

So nobody knows what the gas pedal switch does on a manual trans?

Also discovered what might be a glitch. Usually roll around in custom DCC mode (comfort DCC, normal steering, and race everything else). When switching from custom to race mode and back to custom, the exhaust flaps stay open until the car is switched off.

For advertising information click HERE