Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Sounds like I'm dragging something

1. 06-03-2003 10:43 AM #1
      I start my car up today and everything is running fine. I stop to pick-up a friend of mine, turn off my car and leave it for 20 minutes. I get back in my car turn it on and start to leave when it sounds like I'm dragging a bumper under my car or something, by the way my bumper skin fell off yesterday and it dragged under my car for like 30 feet. Now I just have the rebar. I look under my car and see nothing hanging down or dragging. so I start going again and I hear the noise, I let it go and when I get up to 40 mph it goes away... any ideas?

Vehicles
      2008 R32
      06-03-2003 11:21 AM #2
      sounds like the plastic in the front wheel wells, if your front bumper fell off - look for pieces draggin on the driveshafts or the inside of the wheels.

3. 06-03-2003 12:04 PM #3
      I'll check that, any other suggestions? Thank you

4. 06-03-2003 01:12 PM #4
      bump

5. 06-03-2003 01:20 PM #5
      maybe a cat crawled onto your warm engine.

6. 06-03-2003 01:32 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by the_wurst »
      maybe a cat crawled onto your warm engine.

I hate when they do that!!! I took a cat for a hell ride one time cuz he wouldn't get out of my engine bay. While i drove he would crawl up and sit on the top of the engine, and when i would stop, open the hood, he'd crawl back down behind the engine

It took me almost an hour and a half to get the lil bastid out!! I drove him about 20 km's from home and gave it a swift boot in the ass. Haven't seen that kitty around anymore

7. Banned
      06-03-2003 03:15 PM #7
      quote, Sounds like I'm dragging something

See Tbird about that, he's the expert on dragging shlt about.