Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WI-foxcities, dubbers!!!!!

Vehicles
      2000 NB TDI, 1980 Rabbit, 1987 Westy, 1983 Rabbit Pickup...
      04-23-2008 06:27 PM #32501
      I have to take a CATIA test, so we'll see how that goes. I only have experience with SolidWorks.

Vehicles
      2006 tdi golf...1986 gti rabbit ...1969 type III fasty
      04-23-2008 06:45 PM #32502
      Quote, originally posted by vwfreek »
      Currently I have no hours, no pay, and no stress.

sounds like an invitation to hang out with me again ...smiles widely at you ...seriously though ...i have parts for the truck ...and that snow bank is gone right?....i would love to spend time with you if you will help me again....

04-23-2008 08:08 PM #32503
      just a heads up, cabins are almost rented for DIV so if anybody wants one, let me know soon [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Also, if anyone wants to help with the show, get together with me asap, I have a list of positions and the crappy ones will go last of course

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60 & 08 Passat wagon TSI
      04-23-2008 08:32 PM #32504
      Quote, originally posted by Soup Guy »
      just a heads up, cabins are almost rented for DIV so if anybody wants one, let me know soon [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Also, if anyone wants to help with the show, get together with me asap, I have a list of positions and the crappy ones will go last of course

Sign me up for the wet t-shirt judge.
      Brian

Vehicles
      Something German
      04-23-2008 08:51 PM #32505
      Quote, originally posted by Bunnah »
      Wait, who is it that is doing the detailing? I need you to get in contact with me.. I have wetsanding and buffing left on my clearcoat, but my clearcoat went on a little harder than intended. I need help wetsanding/buffing the car down, and would be interested in buying/trading/bartering for your help!
      920-948-5020 Adam
      I'm hoping to have this done by Monday.. Painting a car is such a big task when nobody helps!

Adam, I'll try giving you a call tonight or tomorrow. I'd love to help you out, but wetsanding and buffing is a lot of work. I'd estimate the job to take over 10 hours.
      To everyone else, I don't mind hanging out at gtg's and helping out dubbers from time to time, but I'd just like you all to understand that detailing, though I enjoy it, is my occupation. I cannot pay my electric bill or buy my necessary chemicals with a 12-pack. Just to use Adam's question above as an example... what is 10 hours of your time worth at your job? Now, if you're working part time... double it. That is what I typically expect for my time.
      I hate to crack the whip on hooking my friends up, because I'd really like to just get my name out there. But, I just want you guys to be aware.
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing
      Professional Mobile Automotive Detailing
      Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
      TCL - always a friendly place where mistakes are rewarded.

Vehicles
      86' GTi , 90' Corrado 16vG60 , 88 scirocco 16v (sold) , 95' GTi vr6 (gone), 86 BMW 325i (sold)
      04-23-2008 08:58 PM #32506
      Quote, originally posted by ButchHusky »
      Sign me up for the wet t-shirt judge.
      Brian

x2

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta TDI (GTI front swap, JOM Coilovers, VR6 front brake swap)
      04-23-2008 09:11 PM #32507
      Quote, originally posted by Mechorg »
      Adam, I'll try giving you a call tonight or tomorrow. I'd love to help you out, but wetsanding and buffing is a lot of work. I'd estimate the job to take over 10 hours.
      To everyone else, I don't mind hanging out at gtg's and helping out dubbers from time to time, but I'd just like you all to understand that detailing, though I enjoy it, is my occupation. I cannot pay my electric bill or buy my necessary chemicals with a 12-pack. Just to use Adam's question above as an example... what is 10 hours of your time worth at your job? Now, if you're working part time... double it. That is what I typically expect for my time.
      I hate to crack the whip on hooking my friends up, because I'd really like to just get my name out there. But, I just want you guys to be aware.

Todd, I totally understand and would still love your help. Let's work out a deal on how much it's going to cost me. I need this done and I'm worried I'm going to mess it up.

8. 04-23-2008 09:30 PM #32508
      what is 10 hours of your time worth at your job? Now, if you're working part time... double it. That is what I typically expect for my time.

LOL, so take what my company thinks my time is worth....Dick, and multiply by 2? No thanks....lol.

Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI 6mt, 2006 Hemi Jeep
      04-23-2008 10:30 PM #32509
      Quote, originally posted by wreckedmyteg »
      I did the rear brakes in the 337 last night.

had i know and not been working 12ish hours most days of the week this time of year, i could have lent a hand and brought over my caliper piston tool i bought a while back.

10. 04-23-2008 10:40 PM #32510
      Quote, originally posted by ezmacscoobysnk »
      had i know and not been working 12ish hours most days of the week this time of year, i could have lent a hand and brought over my caliper piston tool i bought a while back.

Speaking of which....I may need to borrow it. The 6 needs brake pads all the way around.

Vehicles
      Caddy and some MK3's
      04-23-2008 10:59 PM #32511
      Quote, originally posted by vwfreek »
      I have to take a CATIA test, so we'll see how that goes. I only have experience with SolidWorks.

Well good luck - we could use acouple more dubbers up in the engineering department. I had a guy come up to me after lunch today, saying it "sounded like my engine was really struggling to idle..."
      ...Gotta love the way my car idles....
      Madspeed

PSN: OldRustyBucket

Vehicles
      84 Rabbit GTI, 15 Mazda6
      04-23-2008 11:51 PM #32512
      WOOT!!!! Got the rims back from sandblasting tonight. They're getting powdercoated this weekend.

Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen Rabbit
      04-24-2008 01:16 AM #32513
      Quote, originally posted by HCClubPrez »
      Well good luck - we could use acouple more dubbers up in the engineering department. I had a guy come up to me after lunch today, saying it "sounded like my engine was really struggling to idle..."
      ...Gotta love the way my car idles....

Those damn 270* cams will really mess you up man!

Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI 6mt, 2006 Hemi Jeep
      04-24-2008 07:47 AM #32514
      corey just let me know when i can stop over and drop it off or something depending what my work is like and what day i may be able to help.

Vehicles
      N54 135i
      04-24-2008 10:32 AM #32515

Completely understandable.
      In my case - I'm not one to pay for a service I can perform myself. I'd rather opt to put the money towards my own steam cleaner (or, reupholster my pillars and headliner as planned).
      Nothing personal. I just don't shell cash for something I can do myself, and I can figure out pretty much anything.

Vehicles
      Something German
      04-24-2008 11:33 AM #32516
      Quote, originally posted by A1WolfsburgGLI »
      LOL, so take what my company thinks my time is worth....Dick, and multiply by 2? No thanks....lol.

So in that case, my time is worth double Dick.
      I only say this for the people that may not understand the accounting of running your own businesses. I have to pay my own taxes, medicare, social security, etc... (all the stuff your employer takes out of your checks) not to mention insurance. So, when I say that I charge $50 per hour, that does not even close equal to what my 'income' would be. It's closer to $25 per hour, which I feel is perfectly reasonable for a skilled technical job.
      I wasn't trying to insult anyone saying that my time is worth more than yours. Just trying to enlight you guys on the difference between someone in college charging $100 cash for a side job detail and someone charging $200 that is insured, licensed, professional, and legal.
      Some proper page ownage:

Modified by Mechorg at 10:35 AM 4-24-2008
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing

Vehicles
      Something German
      04-24-2008 11:48 AM #32517
      Quote, originally posted by wreckedmyteg »
      Completely understandable.
      In my case - I'm not one to pay for a service I can perform myself. I'd rather opt to put the money towards my own steam cleaner (or, reupholster my pillars and headliner as planned).
      Nothing personal. I just don't shell cash for something I can do myself, and I can figure out pretty much anything.

I don't take it personal. I'm not saying that I don't mind helping people out, I love sharing knowledge. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the steamer that I use, this one comes fairly recommended as a non-commercial model:
      SteamMax 1500 Watt
      These ones are more comparable to the commercial one I use:
      http://www.vaporsystems.com/
      If you would like me to take a crack at your A-pillars before you reupholster them, just let me know. I'll let you play around with the steamer yourself so you can further decide if you want one for yourself.
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing

Vehicles
      2009 GTi, 1990 G60 Corrado, 07 A4, 81 Scirocco
      04-24-2008 12:32 PM #32518
      I just want to drive my dub again...

19. 04-24-2008 01:48 PM #32519
      I want a place to store a rolling shell for 2 months. And pay the least amount possible.

Vehicles
      N54 135i
      04-24-2008 02:48 PM #32520
      Has anybody here used the DEI CAN1 can-bus interface for hooking up an alarm?
      I can't really find any info on it (tried google, the12volt, ect). DEI's site sucks, and the product details page for this particular item is broken (it pukes code).
      From what I gather, starting in 02 VW's and Audi's have a can-bus interface. 2 wires to tap for the alarm triggers and outputs, vs a sh-t load.
      I want to install my Viper 5900 in the 337 since I'm pulling it out of my CRV when I sell it. I'm redoing the stereo, and would dig the peace of mind (paging remotes kick butt).

Edit - here's the description for it from an ebay auction...

Compatible with the Factory Security and Convenience Functions, Other Fuctions Include: Lock and Unlock, Factory Alarm Arm and Disarm, Windows Open and Close, Sunroof Open and Close, Trunk Release, Driver s Priority Unlock, Headlights On/Off, Horn Honk, Parking Light Flash, Hazard Lights, Reverse Lights
      Provides Digital Communication Between Security System & Vehicle
      Compact Design, Easy to Mount
      Simple Programming, No Key Required for Operation
      Reads the Tach and Factory Alarm Status
      Comes with Universal Harness and T-Harness
      Plugs into Most Directed Systems with a 12-Pin Main Harness
      Works with Any Aftermarket Remote Start or Keyless Entry System
      Compatible with the Factory Anti-Theft System
      Maintains the Integrity of the Factory Anti-Theft System
      High Security 2-Wire Data Transfer

Modified by wreckedmyteg at 11:53 AM 4-24-2008

21. 04-24-2008 04:09 PM #32521
      Does anyone have any scrap 3" exhaust pipe preferably a 3" 90 I could have or buy. Hell, I'll buy A 180deg U bend if ya got one. I need to get this downpipe done so I can roll which you foolzzz.

22. 04-24-2008 04:19 PM #32522
      To everyone else, I don't mind hanging out at gtg's and helping out dubbers from time to time, but I'd just like you all to understand that detailing, though I enjoy it, is my occupation. I cannot pay my electric bill or buy my necessary chemicals with a 12-pack. Just to use Adam's question above as an example... what is 10 hours of your time worth at your job? Now, if you're working part time... double it. That is what I typically expect for my time..

i was planning on paying you but would like to know how much you would charge to steam my engine bay. im guessing itll take maybe an hour or so... so at my job double an hours time would be hmm... $16.50. is $50 somewhere around what u would charge?

23. 04-24-2008 04:30 PM #32523
      Hmmmmmm, is that 10 hours on a saturday or on a sunday. My time would kill a motha f'er... Yeah it's tuff when you got mad people hittin ya up for favors. Sometimes it's good though because what they got you might need.

24. 04-24-2008 06:07 PM #32524
      Ray, where the hell were you last sunday? We came to wisconsin to dragrace and you weren't there!
      St.Louis Blues hockey fan!
      The blackhawks suck.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta TDI (GTI front swap, JOM Coilovers, VR6 front brake swap)
      04-24-2008 06:39 PM #32525
      Hey Todd!
      Tried calling you today, hope you can get in touch with me tonight. I'd like to pay you to help me some time before Sunday evening. I am willing to pay! I don't have much at the moment (switched to a new job, so I'm getting half paychecks from each which aren't as much as I'd usually get), but I'm willing to pay what I can to get this done. I just need my car done so I can drive to work on Monday morning and still have a job!

Page 1301 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 3018011201125112911297129812991300130113021303130413051311135114011801 ... LastLast