Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: WI-foxcities, dubbers!!!!!

Vehicles
      N54 135i
      04-25-2008 12:51 PM #32551
      Quote, originally posted by Chud19 »
      No. They do not.
      I will keep my eye's open for something with dog's.

My apartment allows dogs. It's kind of a sh-t hole, though.
      The only reason I'm there is due to the 2.5 car garages you can rent.
      I pay $440 for a 1 bdrm (including the extra $45 for both stalls of the garage).
      It's an old building, and my bathroom and kitchen are both carpet, but it's worth it for the garage.
      Treyton Oaks - 2620 N Helen St.
      It's right behind Community First CU on Ballard and OO.

Vehicles
      84 Rabbit GTI, 15 Mazda6
      04-25-2008 01:07 PM #32552
      Quote, originally posted by turd burglar1 »
      I can do wheels. You pick the color at http://www.columbiacoatings.com and I will do the work for a small fee. You can get a pound of media for like 15 bucks. Check out the site, order the powder and we'll make some arrangements.

Damn, I'd probably take you up on this if it wasn't for the fact that there's a guy over in Grand Rapids too that wants to buy my whole golf front end setup. BUT, of the $225 I'm making, $100 could go to gas.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-25-2008 01:43 PM #32553
      Quote, originally posted by Mechorg »
      First question... why are you getting a new exhaust? Simplify your answer then ask yourself which best fits your needs.
      My exhaust is stainless and I paid a pretty penny for it. But I plan on keeping my car a long time and the midwest winters can be brutal. I'd say that what I spent on my exhaust was definitely worth the money.

im getting a new exhaust for 3 main reasons. 1, i need to properly fill my gli rear valance with a nice tip. 2, i want to HEAR my car when i drive it. heh. and 3, if its going to bring with it even an ounce of power gain, thatd be a nice touch. it seems like whatever i get, it should be stainless since i live in wisconsin. i just cant figure out if itd be smarter to drop $600 to get one thats 2.25"(the suggested size for mk4 2.0s) but no lifetime warranty, or save $175 and get a 2.5" with a lifetime warranty(which has mixed reviews amongst 2.0 owners regarding power loss).

Modified by Clean PG at 12:47 PM 4-25-2008
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      2009 GTi, 1990 G60 Corrado, 07 A4, 81 Scirocco
      04-25-2008 02:10 PM #32554
      First question... why are you getting a new exhaust? Simplify your answer then ask yourself which best fits your needs.
      My exhaust is stainless and I paid a pretty penny for it. But I plan on keeping my car a long time and the midwest winters can be brutal. I'd say that what I spent on my exhaust was definitely worth the money.

agreed. I plan on keeping my corrado forever, even though I don't drive in the winter, I still bought a stainless system and the cops can ******* if I'm going to ever change it. If you don't plan on keeping the car for a long time, it's easier to go aluminum, but if you drive in the winter, it's a strong reason to go stainless. Meh to the warranty. I love my techtonics exhaust, the cops don't though.

Vehicles
      04-25-2008 02:13 PM #32555
      well thats the thing, its not just the warranty thats making the decision tough. its also an extra $175 i save if i go WITH the one that comes w/ the warranty. the only downside is the piping is 1/4" larger...
      so its like $175 + lifetime warranty vs. a possibe loss of some power.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

6. 04-25-2008 02:23 PM #32556
      Quote, originally posted by AutoX-FIB »
      Damn, I'd probably take you up on this if it wasn't for the fact that there's a guy over in Grand Rapids too that wants to buy my whole golf front end setup. BUT, of the $225 I'm making, $100 could go to gas.

I don't understand what you are talking about. What does selling your Golf front end have to do with powder coating????

7. 04-25-2008 02:26 PM #32557
      Glad to see ya back online, turd.

It's good to be here but sucks that I have to get rid of my baby VW. It's a hard pill to swallow, but so is watching my son get the shaft from his psycho mom. I have been doing anything and everything I can on the side to make as much money as humanly possible. I figured selling the Rado would be easy, but for some odd reason, I haven't sold jack off it yet except for the block and auto tranny. Plus I'm waiting on Chud to pick up the shell.

Vehicles
      87 rocco 2l16v w/02a lsd 4.24
      04-25-2008 02:41 PM #32558
      anyone one here work at or know anyone who works at ORBIS in menasha??? I was put thru my piss test, vision, hearing, background check, pyshical. and told I will start around 1st may. BUUUT not a definite date though. curious if anyone knows anything about this place or if I even have a job
      87 rocco 2l16v MS3 02a/j with 4.24 on LSD. 91 rado geting 1.8t, 02 cabrio geting vr6, 04 r32 vf stg 2 sc, and a few other goodies

Vehicles
      84 Rabbit GTI, 15 Mazda6
      04-25-2008 03:05 PM #32559
      I don't understand what you are talking about. What does selling your Golf front end have to do with powder coating????

Sorry, My friend that is doing the powdercoating for me lives in Grand Rapids, and I'm also selling my front end to someone else that lives there. Hence, I need to make a trip out there to sell the parts AND get the powdercoating done at the same time.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta TDI (GTI front swap, JOM Coilovers, VR6 front brake swap)
      04-25-2008 03:06 PM #32560
      Quote, originally posted by austin neuschafer »
      anyone one here work at or know anyone who works at ORBIS in menasha??? I was put thru my piss test, vision, hearing, background check, pyshical. and told I will start around 1st may. BUUUT not a definite date though. curious if anyone knows anything about this place or if I even have a job

What in the world is the job? Superhero or something?

Vehicles
      2009 GTi, 1990 G60 Corrado, 07 A4, 81 Scirocco
      04-25-2008 03:17 PM #32561
      Quote, originally posted by Bunnah »

My 2 minutes of research shows that it's owned by menasha corp... they make plastic stuff for storage.. special pallets and the like.

Vehicles
      Something German
      04-25-2008 03:22 PM #32562
      I think Bunnah was commenting in the long list of testing and requirements for the job.
      Hey Corey... what was the place you had recommended for mounting my summer tires?
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing
      Professional Mobile Automotive Detailing
      Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
      TCL - always a friendly place where mistakes are rewarded.

13. 04-25-2008 04:11 PM #32563
      I think Bunnah was commenting in the long list of testing and requirements for the job.
      Hey Corey... what was the place you had recommended for mounting my summer tires?

http://www.experttire.com/loca...54957
      $13 total per wheel! Mounted, balanced and a new stem. They had no problem with mounting weights on the inside.

14. 04-25-2008 04:56 PM #32564
      Quote, originally posted by AutoX-FIB »
      Sorry, My friend that is doing the powdercoating for me lives in Grand Rapids, and I'm also selling my front end to someone else that lives there. Hence, I need to make a trip out there to sell the parts AND get the powdercoating done at the same time.

ah.....gotcha

Vehicles
      84 Rabbit GTI, 15 Mazda6
      04-25-2008 05:19 PM #32565
      Dubs Anon Meeting TONIGHT!
      I just talked to JoeD and him and Collin are going to BW3's tonight around 7. I'm gonna be meeting them there too, but I want to catch the Pistons playoff game so I'll be there earlier then that so we'll have a good seat. Come on out! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      87 rocco 2l16v w/02a lsd 4.24
      04-25-2008 06:56 PM #32566
      no, they make collapsible plastic pallets, the position is machine operator ofa plastic injection molding machine
      87 rocco 2l16v MS3 02a/j with 4.24 on LSD. 91 rado geting 1.8t, 02 cabrio geting vr6, 04 r32 vf stg 2 sc, and a few other goodies

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta TDI (GTI front swap, JOM Coilovers, VR6 front brake swap)
      04-25-2008 07:29 PM #32567
      Hope you guys are all parked inside. Looks like some heavy hail headed up through the valley right now, and tornado warnings all over the place. A couple of tornadoes have been spotted apparently just south of Oshkosh.

Vehicles
      04-25-2008 09:18 PM #32568
      Hope you guys are all parked inside. Looks like some heavy hail headed up through the valley right now, and tornado warnings all over the place. A couple of tornadoes have been spotted apparently just south of Oshkosh.

wow for real there were tornado warnings? it looks liek it all missed wausau to the south, *phew*

Modified by Clean PG at 8:20 PM 4-25-2008

Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI 6mt, 2006 Hemi Jeep
      04-25-2008 09:48 PM #32569
      Quote, originally posted by wreckedmyteg »
      My apartment allows dogs. It's kind of a sh-t hole, though.
      The only reason I'm there is due to the 2.5 car garages you can rent.
      I pay $440 for a 1 bdrm (including the extra $45 for both stalls of the garage).
      It's an old building, and my bathroom and kitchen are both carpet, but it's worth it for the garage.
      Treyton Oaks - 2620 N Helen St.
      It's right behind Community First CU on Ballard and OO.

i'll have to check that out, how many garages are available?

20. 04-25-2008 09:51 PM #32570
      Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Does anyone have an old aquarium they don't want? Preferably something larger than 20 gallons. I am going to be doing my own chrome electroplating with it. I actually could use more than one if possible.
      Plus, whomever helps me out with this, if I can get it setup correctly and actually do the chroming, I'll do some chrome parts as well. I also do powder coating for those that need smaller things powder coated.

my girlfriend and our roomate both work at just pets and the owner has a garage full of tanks and what not. i can ask if i can snag one. even if i cant get one for free i can probably get a good deal.
      also i would be interested in getting my bugattis powdercoated.

Modified by knottyvr6jetta at 7:16 PM 4-25-2008

Vehicles
      04-25-2008 10:17 PM #32571
      just ordered up some falken 912's for the ole S4. one tire that was in really bad shape let go on the way to work this morning, and when i got done and back to my car tonight after work it was flat, on goes the full size spare.
      should hopefully see the tires at the door step around wednesday i'm guessing.

currently have asx by kuhmo they were alright, time to try something different.
      Quote, originally posted by knottyvr6jetta »
      also i would be interested in getting my bugattis powdercoated.

speaking of, still intersted in the vr head i have sitting around?
      or anyone else for that matter.

Modified by ezmacscoobysnk at 9:21 PM 4-25-2008

22. 04-25-2008 10:32 PM #32572
      Quote, originally posted by ezmacscoobysnk »
      just ordered up some falken 912's for the ole S4. one tire that was in really bad shape let go on the way to work this morning, and when i got done and back to my car tonight after work it was flat, on goes the full size spare.
      should hopefully see the tires at the door step around wednesday i'm guessing.

currently have asx by kuhmo they were alright, time to try something different.

Look up at my previous post as to where to get them mounted. They're about 5 min from our homes right by the McDonalds on Green Bay Rd. just off 41 and Winneconne.

Vehicles
      04-25-2008 10:54 PM #32573
      Quote, originally posted by A1WolfsburgGLI »
      Look up at my previous post as to where to get them mounted. They're about 5 min from our homes right by the McDonalds on Green Bay Rd. just off 41 and Winneconne.

i saw the post! thank you.

24. 04-25-2008 11:02 PM #32574
      Just a friendly reminder.....
      The One Lap is at Road America next Sat. May 3rd.
      I talked to Enrique and it should be a free entry fee, but like I said it may be like $5 or $10, but I doubt it.
      I think I'm going to get there by 9AM, which means leaving appleton by 7:30 or so. Usually when I meet up with others to head to RA we meet at the 3rd street diner in Menasha for some Bfast at like 6:30 or so, eat and then head to the track.
      Is anyone else interested in going?

25. 04-26-2008 12:02 AM #32575
      Quote, originally posted by ezmacscoobysnk »
      speaking of, still intersted in the vr head i have sitting around?

when i get my taxes back i think i might. i got a lot of stuff i want to buy with my stimulus check and taxes. i think first on the list is msd as my coilpack is on its way out. after that i would like to get euro fenders from the dealer if available. (as they are becoming less and less accessable.) gonna talk to scott or mike at VDH and see if they can still get em. if not i would like to buy that head from you. either way come june-july i should have extra money to buy stuff with and will take that off your hands. sorry for the long wait, but i will have all my debt paid off by end of june. and no sense in setting myself back further.

Page 1303 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 3038031203125312931299130013011302130313041305130613071313135314031803 ... LastLast