Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Immobilizer bypass

Vehicles
      87 Jetta (1.8T), 82 Rabbit Pickup 16V
      07-08-2003 11:38 PM #1
      I'm swapping a AWW into an MK2. I've already encountered immobilizer issues. I've seen some references in vortex that ECU changes that allow me to bypass the immobilizer functionality all together, though no specifics. Is anyone familiar with ECU changes which will eliminate the immobilizer from the swap? Thanks

Vehicles
      92 GTI 16v Vortech V1, 84 GTI 1.8t, 78 Rabbit 1.8, 75 Rabbit, 72 Porsche 911
      07-09-2003 03:37 PM #2
      I've heard a few are using ecu's and harnesses out of pre 99 audi/ passat cars....AEB engines to be exact. No immobilizer. or DBW to worry about either. I've got an AWW too...so your not alone.
      www.4everkustoms.com

PVW 3/12 Friends In Low Places

Vehicles
      04 R32/76 Swallowtail
      07-09-2003 05:56 PM #3
      AWW requires the ecu, instrument cluster and key to be from the same vehicle (you can recode the ECU but you must have the key and cylinder matching the instrument cluster.

There is a guy on the east coast with a 24V VR6 Jetta and he knows the vag-com block and the value to disable that system, it may be the same for the AWW-I do not know his name though (sorry).

You should have a wire off of the harness for the instrument cluster that is green I believe, this wire runs from the cluster to the ignition lock-if the two items do not have an equal value and a matching key then the ECU is told to not allow the car to start-without going aftermarket engine management you will need the above mentioned parts

4. 07-09-2003 06:01 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by mattinbend »
      AWW requires the ecu, instrument cluster and key to be from the same vehicle (you can recode the ECU but you must have the key and cylinder matching the instrument cluster.

good info but just one thing to add. you can use any key, but it needs to be programed for that instrument cluster. you can do this with the VAG-COM.

ok another thing too. the wires going to the reading coil are green and black, twisted together the whole way, easy to spot.

Vehicles
      87 Jetta (1.8T), 82 Rabbit Pickup 16V
      07-09-2003 06:54 PM #5
      Ok.... I have the correct key except it's not coded for the ignition so I throw an Invalid Key Fault and Immobilizer prevents a start. Per the Dealer I have to drag the car to them to have the key reprogrammed (can't do it w/ VagCom). I will contact the VAG-COM guys at Ross to get assistance. Thanks

6. 07-09-2003 07:43 PM #6
      you CAN do it with a vag-com. in my experience the dealers dont even know what a vac-com is.

Vehicles
      04 R32/76 Swallowtail
      07-09-2003 08:28 PM #7
      don't you just go to the immobilizer block and zero all basic settings? Then when you turn the key off and back on it reinitializes to the value of the key resistor correct (it's been a year)

I agree that you should call Ross and get on their yahoo group for an exact procedure-no need to give the dealer $$-save em for a K04