Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHY VWVORTEX SUCKS - Volume 1

Vehicles
      13' Gencoupe 2.0T
      07-29-2003 03:48 AM #71
      Its 3:46am do you know where your kids are? Reading the forums at VWvortex.

Great points, if people had an attitude like people in this thread, it would rule! Cause like everyone is being friendly and it appears to be great. I do miss the willis pictures, those were funny.

TDI

2. 07-29-2003 11:36 AM #72
      Quote, originally posted by Sunil »

People are really hostile in discussion forums simply because the likelihood of violent reprisal is fairly low. I'm not going to fly to Anchorage to beat up the fat butt-scratching couch-racer that just called me an idiot while he sips his third Mountain Dew of the evening.

aww go on, where's your sense of adventure, i hear alaska is lovely this time of year

3. 07-31-2003 01:49 AM #73
      1) There are just some people who love to disagree and at the same time put you down because it makes them feel better about themselves.

2) I wonder why post counts even matter....

3) Some people just enjoy going into a thread and posting totally off topic yet directed to the one who had started the thread in an attacking way....thus feeling as if they were the better person.

4) Again putting down another make of car and saying that VW(hence their car) is the better choice and no other will do....They are saying that nothing is better than their car or them either for that matter.

5) Agree totally

6)

7) witty

8) Haha......What was your point?....J/K....good post even if I said it.

4. 07-31-2003 01:11 PM #74
      i dont pay attention to post counts at all, for example you have roughly 3x the number of posts that I do, but i have been on vw vortex roughly 3x as long.

Post counts have nothing to do with how authoritative a subect is, considering many posters just write something like

OWNED!

or some crap like that, which does nothing at all to establish a poster's experience level or authoritativeness.

A better moderation system found elsewhere would reduce the signal to noise ratio immensely.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-08-2003 04:11 PM #75
      Quote, originally posted by CBJ »
      Disclaimers, 9 - Points of Discussion, 5. Another clear win for Disclaimers.

WOOO DISCLAIMERS!!!!!

6. 08-08-2003 04:50 PM #76
      Quote, originally posted by Chapel »

WOOO DISCLAIMERS!!!!!

hahaha.. hey you can't say anything without a few disclaimers in the car lounge (where it was originally posted).. otherwise you'd just get flamed and no good responses.. this way, he got flamed a lot, but a few real resonses actually got in there!

7. 08-11-2003 08:53 PM #77
      Well regardless of content you did an excellent job at formatting that original post. Italics, bold, a little bit of everything!

8. 08-15-2003 05:26 PM #78
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      ...and NEXT week on "WHY VWVORTEX SUCKS," maybe I'll devote an entire post to "people who completely miss the point of my post, and think I'm trying to play moderator, even though they have zero sense of humor, nor can they comprehend the idea of sarcasm!"

That'll be a hit for sure.

i read this post and started laughing because i thought someone was making fun of you, then i looked at the poster and noticed it was you, i think the problem is theres no tone of voice or facial expressions in writing, no one can tell when your being sarcastic.

as far as calling people ignorant, ive done that, someone posted a pic of their car, some dick said thats rice, i asked what part is rice, he said it just is, i asked again, where?, he said its ricy, i said your ignorant and full of ****, and he imed me being all mad that i was being mean to him, and that hes allowed to have an oppinion, you know what i did, i closed the im window and never looked back.

one thing i largly disagree with is, this is a volkswagen web page, hence the name VW vortex, it pisses me off when people back up cars that are not vw, and dog on vw and whatever, on a vw forum, then call the people that back up vw closed minded. i try to drive any car i can, i want to know what the car feels like, and there are some that ive driven that i HATED, one being an integra, now ive driven german cars from a beater '85 GTi to a brand new M3, and i have loved all of them, the way i fit in the car i like, that integra just felt odd, i have driven some japanese cars that i like, but if i go in the car loung and say no i dont like integras for something so small as you sit too high and the steering wheel is too low, they will call me ignorant, even though that was the only reason i couldnt stand driving it.

and like someone said if you cant handle an internet forum i wait till you have to deal with real live people.

oh and one more thing, while you did make some valid points, it takes some real balls to name a thread why vortex sucks, but then you made a disclaimer saying oh but i really dont think it sucks, mabey you should try sticking to your guns.

9. 08-15-2003 06:27 PM #79
      wow thats deep...

10. 01-04-2004 03:03 AM #80
      bump this ****! huhet

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      07-26-2012 12:12 AM #81
      THIS FORUM REALLY DOES SUCK! BADLY! ALONG WITH ALL OF IT'S MEMBERS, WELL.... ATLEAST A MAJORITY!!!!

I'M LEAVING IT JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE HIJACKED EVERY THREAD I POSTED.... FLAMING ME HARD AS ****, FOR NO REASON BUT DEFENDING MYSELF!

**** VORTEX, **** YALL! I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH LAMENESS IN A FORUM - AND I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN SOME BAD ONES!!!

YOU LOST ANOTHER MEMBER... I'M SURE YOU'LL LOSE PLENTY MORE BEFORE IT'S UP!!!!

ROCK ON GENERATIONDUB AND VWFORUM !!!!! BIG TO THE TEX!!!!
      Jetta AWP 1.8t - GT2860R @ 22lbs, Stage II Eprom Chip/Tune, T25 Mani, Deatschwerks 550cc injectors, Walbro 255, ATP adjustable 4bar FPR, 3" downpipe/testpipe (catless), 3" Borla Catback, Neuspeed Intake w/ Heat Shield, Neuspeed FMIC Core w/ ATP Piping, Forge 007 DV, Sachs Single Mass Clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Raceland Coilovers, Forge Silicone TIP, SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete, 35A Custom's Catch Can, Aristos w/ 20mm spacers in rear

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      07-26-2012 12:16 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by der.gegner View Post
      and like someone said if you cant handle an internet forum i wait till you have to deal with real live people.
      Yea... and get your ****in ASS WHOOPED!
      Jetta AWP 1.8t - GT2860R @ 22lbs, Stage II Eprom Chip/Tune, T25 Mani, Deatschwerks 550cc injectors, Walbro 255, ATP adjustable 4bar FPR, 3" downpipe/testpipe (catless), 3" Borla Catback, Neuspeed Intake w/ Heat Shield, Neuspeed FMIC Core w/ ATP Piping, Forge 007 DV, Sachs Single Mass Clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Raceland Coilovers, Forge Silicone TIP, SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete, 35A Custom's Catch Can, Aristos w/ 20mm spacers in rear

13. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      07-26-2012 07:07 AM #83
      I'm not really sure that it was necessary to bump this thread. I'm sorry if you've had a rough time here or if people are being disrespectful to you.

If you're having issues in the forums here, our moderators can help you out. The simplest and best way to deal with a problem if people are being insulting to you is to not respond to them and just push the little "report to moderator" button (the little "!" in a triangle at the bottom of every post) below the posts that are breaking the rules. This lets the moderators know that they need to look at that post, and they'll handle the problem for you.

Let the moderators handle it, don't respond, and everyone has a better day.

If there are any specific problems you need help with, please feel free to PM me and I'll see what we can do.

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123