VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Jb's Offical Jetta6 HID/LED Bulb Guide

437K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  deAutoLED.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Jb's Official Jetta6 HID/LED Bulb Guide

Finally decided to put this guide together after so many requests.

*Feel free to ask all your Jetta6 HID, LED, Bulb Questions here.

~Jb :)

Please Rate!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Links:

1. Halogen Head Light
  2. Standard Fog Light Coming Soon
  3. Bi-Xenon Head Light Coming Soon
  4. GLI Fog Light Coming Soon

[*]Standard/LED Tail Light
  5. LED Tail Light Coming Soon

[*]Front Seat

[*]Rear Seat

[*]Trunk

6. Head Light and Fog Light Removal and Replacement Coming Soon
    [*]Standard Tail Light and Tag Light Removal and Replacement

[*]Interior Light Removal and Replacement

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HeadLight: (Models: S, SE, SEL, TDI)

1. Head Light = h7
  2. High Beam = h7
  3. DRL = 1156

[*]Turn Signal = 7507 (NO BULB REPLACEMENT AT THE MOMENT)
  4. City Light = 194

[*]Side Marker = 194 (CANBUS REQUIRED)
  5. Fog Light = 9006 (pic coming soon)

See less See more
#141 ·
Remove the lower center grill.

Then the fog light grills each, and then you can un screw the hhousing for the fogs and change the bulb.

The grills all pop out, use a plastic molding remover if you have one of something that wont scratch the paint and grill.

#143 ·
Dont do all that, there are plastic removable panels in the wheel well...

#142 ·
http://forums.vwvortex.com/images/vmg/editor/smilie.png

Hey guys,

I appreciate all of this information and I went out and replaced almost all of my bulbs. everything works but now my information system keeps telling me to check my DRL's, low beams, license plate lights, etc. along with the bulb indicator staying on. any information on that? keep in mind all my bulbs are working....thanks for the time.

#145 ·
almost success

I replaced my DRL's, headlights, visors, domelights, and license plate we LED stuff in my 2012 gli and im getting the notifications to check bulbs and my bulb light is on. but everything works and looks really good, so got any advice?

#146 ·
aaaaand, forgot to say i used the vision technology bulbs too.

#147 ·
Will I replaced everything you did EXCEPT the headlights, so my assumption is that it would be those as I have not had any problems with the ones I replaced. Did you use the LED headlight bulbs? or the halagon bulbs.

Did you do the side markers also? If so those are canbus bulbs and that might be your problem also.

#148 ·
no side markers, and yes i used led bulbs for the headlights. but its tellin me to check my low beams (headlights) and my license plate bulbs (which work and look great). so i dunno, im thinkin about just dealing with it.

#150 ·
I have a feeling its the LED headlights. On a side note, how do you see with those, Ive been told the light output is extremely low and that they "look" good but are useless.

As far as the License plate lights go i dont know, I also installed everything but the Low beams and havent gotten any errors. Try putting in the oem low beams and see if that clears the issue

#157 ·
LED Headlights

Yeah the LED headlights look great but oyu cant see anything, they're strictly for cosmetic purposes...you cant see ANYTHING with them in a dark areas, I count on street lights a lot. which is why im alsways looking for someone to tell me what HID's to buy. cuz those jetta 2-piece bulbs mess everything up.

#158 ·
can you tell me about the HID's you got cuz none of the ones I am finding will fit with tis 2 piece factory bulb set up. The ones i get plug in and work fine, but they dont click into place because that factory bulb is some weird 2 piece arrangement ive never seen before.

#161 ·
Did you already get my number? As u can see I suck at postingand taking pics. Nokia h7, piaa 1156 bulbs, gotta look at boxes for rest. Overall I paid 130 for 5 sets. Very happy cause I got free installation. That's how easy it is to install.....

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

#171 ·
Check Amazon.
On the first page of this thread, there is a break down of the particular bulbs, and locations. You can get some from Ebay, and several other online distributors. Or if you have a local shop, you can try there too.

I ordered mine from Amazon. Just plugged in the numbers, like H7, 1156, T10, etc. etc...and went from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.