VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The NOOBS guide to ATL GTG's

58K views 151 replies 67 participants last post by  Arteon Wayne 
#1 · (Edited)
--- Under Construction ----

A (attempted) concise listing of GTGs in Atlanta area... In no specific order. Credit for individual threads/ organizers goes to others, not me... they know who they are.
These are the main/regular ones... keep eyes peeled in the the SE forum for anything labeled "ATL"

VW
---------------
Gears and Beers

When: 1st Sunday on the month 12-4pm
Where: Red Brick Brewing Co.
2323 Defoor Hills Rd NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318

Show your German key fob and get $4 off entry (regularly $12, discounted rate is $8), this gets you a souvenir pint glass as well as 6 tickets for beers. There will be food on site.

Der Biergarten

When: Every 2nd Tues. 7.30pm
Where:
300 Marietta Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30313

Parking:
In the parking deck at the Hilton Garden Inn (seen on the left in picture above) located at: 275 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Parking is validated for 3hrs but can work around that if you get 2 parking validations and insert them at the gate on the ground floor.

See less See more
#141 ·
I've got a '14 Jetta 1.8t and I'd be up for a meet. The usual big meet is caffeine and octane at the perimeter mall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That one looks awesome. Maybe a bit less casual than Kartel but the presence of more classic cars would be appreciated!

#3 ·
Thats gonna have to be up to the Mods..
My understanding is that one of them would have to make a new thread and copy the info over in order to sticky it. (Which is fine w/ me if a mod is reading :thumbup:)

Time will tell

#7 ·
I just listed the ones that were posted here that I knew of.. as far as I am concerned all regular GTGs could/ should be on this list. VW or non specific alike. Some of the best GTGs I've been to have been mixed ones..

Bryson, if you want post up or PM me the info, and I'll add it to the 1st post. :thumbup:

#12 ·
There's lots up here in 400 north area. It's a mix of cars though but GREAT people. We've changed ours from every wens to every other wens. Monday nights at Andretti's is every monday. We do trivia at Ethyls before we race and it's half price after 10pm and arcades are free. Once a month Topspeed has a GTG at the shop, I can keep go'n.

#14 · (Edited)
Yep, I looked for you guys but couldn't find ya... TONS of cars at that C&O

There's lots up here in 400 north area. It's a mix of cars though but GREAT people. We've changed ours from every wens to every other wens. Monday nights at Andretti's is every monday. We do trivia at Ethyls before we race and it's half price after 10pm and arcades are free. Once a month Topspeed has a GTG at the shop, I can keep go'n.

If you can get me times and address, etc... I'll add everything to the 1st post. :thumbup:
I want to try to keep everything in the same format so its easy for noobs to read.

#18 ·
i really need to get out too a C&O. but i as well dont do early mornings.

#21 · (Edited)
Hey Kris...theres another on the east side thats pretty regular now...a lot of air cooled so far but a few watercooled pop up. Its a nice spot for GTGs and so far its been cool.

JR Crickets on Panola Rd. every other Wed. opposite the thurs gtg.

I will Im you the full details if u need me to...also...we plan to link it with the KK gtg on wed for some caravan/cruising time too.

Question...Is there a provision for 5th thursday? Any gtg this week?

#27 ·
Is that Barrett parkway GTG the one at starbucks or is it somewhere else right there? I know the one at starbucks has alot of nice cars sometimes (all kinds) but also gets some silly rice kiddies acting dumb and usually ends up with the cops running everyone off. :thumbdown:

I almost got hit in that lot by a "neon light car" because he was going about 45 mph around the building in the parking lot! showing off to his carload of friends. I rolled up to where he parked and was going to lay some beat'in :mad: but the guy was super apologetic. Wouldn't have cared so much if I didn't have my girl in the car.

end rant about barrett parkway/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.