VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

24K views 116 replies 29 participants last post by  snobrdrdan 
#1 · (Edited)
Very First Original Post: "Well everyone, just want to officially say hello! I am getting my 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion with Sunroof and Navi within the next week and I wanted to create a thread for pictures and to mark my progress as I go along with modifications. I look forward to meeting all of you on here!"

Edits with Build Progess:

Ok so after I got the Tiguan it wasn't long until I decided something needed to change so I thought long and hard about what wheels I wanted and I ended up getting some sweet Matte Black 18x8 Audi A8 reps that I put the stock rubber on. So far I have had no complaints with the ride and im enjoying the extra inch even though they are the same tires.

Here was a shot taken of the car with the new wheels shortly after install:

That was taken at Dubs on Defrost, my very first VW show :)

After the wheels I decided to get an intake but instead of going the APR route which many have taken, i decided to support a smaller startup and purchase a Modshack Intake. I was the gineau pig for the intake and there was some small adjustments but its fitting and working wonderfully.

Here is a shot of the intake installed, also at DoD:

After the Intake I went for tint, I chose 35% for the front and 50% for the rear which with the stock tinting everything came out very close to the same shade with it slightly darker still in the rear.

I also bought a couple accessories for the fun things I like to do, Mountain biking and snowboarding. So I picked up an Inno-FR Cross bar set and Inno dual bike carrier for the hitch.

Here is a shot of the Tig with the roof rack on at my car clubs annual BBQ:

Now that I had it looking sleek I wanted to see a bit better so I got a set of 35W 3000K HID Fogs with Lamin-X Yellow vinyl on the lenses and a set of 6000K Halogen replacement bulbs for the low beams. I also tried my hand at vinyling and covered my front and rear emblems with CF vinyl.

Heres a shot of those:

With the help of a new awesome company that was started(Performance Street Industries, PSI) by one of our clubs OG members I ordered an AutoMeter boost gauge and installed that into a Steering column gauge pod. The install was quite interesting but I finally got it to work by taping into the fuse used to power the right control stalk of the steering wheel.

Here is a shot or two of the gauge installed:

I treated myself to the APR Stage 2 tune with all options for my birthday when a sale was going on and it has been sitting in the stock setting until a downpipe was purchased. After going back and forth with several companies trying to find out if they would be willing to manufacture a 3" DP for a Tiguan with 4motion, I ended up going with the 2.5" Techtonics Tuning Downpipe with a single cat.

I have since received it and its sitting in my living room as such:

I have spoken to a local Exhaust/Performance shop and I will soon be getting this installed with a custom cat back made just to my liking. Once its made and installed I can unleash the Stage 2 awesomeness!

I also ordered custom NY vanity plates for the Tig that will say "TIGGY" on them. I am going to purchase a front tow hook mounted plate holder, and bumper plugs for the holes that will be there after taking off the stock holder

On 8-28-2012 I decided that my ventures into the bagged scene are not going to happen. I decided that I no longer want to go this direction but instead do what I really want. With that said I ordered a new present for the Tig that I am hoping will get here before H20i :)

9-16-2012 - I thought I would update everyone with some additions that have been put on the car. I put the cross bars back on and installed my new SportRack Roof Basket!!! I also installed my new 2" Hitch and D-Ring receiver along with my GoMiniGo Front Tow Hook mounted Plate holder. I got a set of color matched bumper plugs that will be going in and hopefully I will mount my spare on the basket for H20i :) Everything is coming together nicely, its just a shame I couldn't get the cat back done before the trip.
Here are some updated pics, excuse the filth :)

Newest pictures with the new wheels :) :) :)

NEW NEW PIC WITH THE NEWEST WHEELS :)

Here is a full list of all mods, items purchased thus far:

Exterior Aesthetics:
VW Emblem PlastiDipped Black - Front
VW Emblem PlastiDipped Black with Carbon Fiber "backlay" - Rear
Tint - 35% Front/ 50% Rear
6000K Halogen Low Beams
OEM LED Fog Light Housings
LED Parking/City Lights
LED License Plate Lights
Bumper Plugs - Set of Deep Black Pearl
US Mill Works Front Tow Hook LP Bracket

Exterior Accessories:
Draw-Tite 2" Hitch
SmittyBilt Receiver Hitch D-Ring
Curt Class III 2" Hitch Ball
INNO IN-FR Roof Rack Crossbars
INNO Hitch 2-Bike Carrier

Wheels:
Summer Set
18x8.5 et45 Rotiform TMB
255/45r18 Sumitomo HTR Z III XL

All Season Set - FOR SALE
19x8.5 et35 Matte Black BBS CX-R Reps
Black Lug Bolts
225/45r19 General G-Max AS03

Winter Set:
16x7 Silver MSW Type 14 Plasti-dipped Cobalt Blue
215/65r16 General Altimax Artic

Brakes/Hub/Spacers:
Black Zinc eLINE Diamond Slotted Rotors - Front and Rear
Akebono Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads - Front and Rear
70mm Stud Conversion Kit - Front and Rear
Ball Seat and Conical Seat Lug Nut full sets for new Studs
12.5mm Hubcentric ECS Tuning Spacers - Front and Rear

Engine/Engine Bay/Exhaust/Brakes:
APR Stage II+ Tune - Stock(non Test-Pipes File)/93TP/100TP/Valet
ModShack VTDA TSI Intake
Forge TSI Catch Can Kit
Custom Blue Painted Engine Cover with extended notch cut out
Custom Blue Painted Battery Cover
Custom Blue Painted VTDA Air Diverter Cone.
Weather-Stripping Hood Mod
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" SS Race Downpipe - single cat
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" SS Straight Mid-Pipe
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" SS Axle-Back Exhaust
Custom aluminum spacer bushings for the center cross member to accommodate larger exhaust
**SPULEN Dog Bone Engine Mount Insert

ICE and Interior:
ProClip Phone Mount with 2 different universal phone holders.
Steering Column Mounted Single Offset Gauge Pod
Autometer Boost/Vacuum Gauge with Red Backlight
Chrome Trimmed Euro Light Switch w/o Auto
LED Dome Lights
LED Rear Headliner Lights
LED Trunk Lights
Ross-Tech Micro-CAN Interface cable
Cobra IRAD105 iRadar

VAGCOM Mods:
Windows Up/Down with Key-Fob
Fog Lights as DRL's
Cold Diagnostics Turned off for LED License Plate Bulbs
PWM bit for LED License Plate Bulbs

** = In Progess/Not Installed Yet

See less See more
#7 ·
Congrats and Welcome. You will find many people here extremely helpful with any questions you might have.

Welcome to the family. May the MOD bug bite you really, really hard. :laugh:

#10 ·
Thanks again guys! Due to some delays I am finally picking up the tig tomorrow after work. I will post up pics as soon as possible :)

I cannot wait to start the mods, the bug bit me when I was driving my Fit and it hasnt stopped biting since :p

I alreay have wheels planned as well as the APR ECU Tune.

#13 ·
Im ordering some LP frames for front and back along with some cf vinyl to wrap the emblems and chrome grill in the front.

I just received my Inno cross bars to attach to the side rails so I can install my snowboard carrier. I also got my USB MDI adapter so i can plug in a flash drive or phone for the receiver. Still looking at lots of options for wheels although I feel like im pretty set on some TSW's that I saw(I think they are very nice even tho they aren't OEM or BBS or similar, hope im not flamed too much for that lol)

When I finally get new wheels im gonna throw snow tires on the stockers and maybe plastidip them as well.

Thats all I can think of for now...I want to get some engine bay nick nacks but I have no idea where to look for the 2.0 TSI. I want to find some CF covers for various parts or maybe ill just custom paint the stock engine cover or buy a spare to paint. Any idea where to look for that?

#33 ·
Just a quick update: Got the new wheels on after a few headaches but everything is now worked out. I also just purchased a CAI that will hopefully come by the middle of next week. It's going to be a surprise so I'm not saying anything yet, but stay tuned if your interested. :) :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.