VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aonarch's Carpool Lane Hero!

38K views 355 replies 44 participants last post by  Aonarch 
#1 · (Edited)

^ As of 05Oct2012.

Picked up 13Aug2012 from Gunther VW.

Does this come standard, if so that is awesome!

I traded my MKVI GTI for the 2012 Beetle, which turned out to be a Dung Beetle (Harr dee harr harr), but thankfully VWoA bought it back and I ordered a 2012 JSW TDI CW with Pano and Nav... I was rather disappointed when a base TDI showed up instead of one with Pano and Nav, but I was told the wait would be 3 more months at the earliest and I would have to drive the Beetle until it came in, so I said no this one is fine and drove it home.

Plans?

Ehh not sure, I have modded my fair share of cars, but for this one I want to it to be all about me. Feel free to input your opinion, but I will probably ignore it. :p

I originally wanted to just go with a set of matched springs and shocks instead of coils, but now after helping install air ride in a friend's MKVI GTI I am kind of interested in it. However, I want a trouble free setup, and air ride is not trouble free.

^ Before the Beetle.

So Far:

• Koni Coil-Overs
  • O.Z. Racing Ultraleggras 17x8
  • Sumitomo HTR Z III 225/45/17
  • Color-matched Side Markers (Ordered)
  • Bi-Xenons
  • H&R RSB
  • K&N Drop-in
  • Muffler Delete w/ Corsa tip (Ordered)
  • Yakima Rack
  • 35% Llumar Tint
  • De-Badged
  • APR Tune (Appointment scheduled)
  • Gold Brake Calipers
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Plate Frame
  • ETX18L Deka AGM Battery w/ Odyssey Gold SAE Terminals

See less See more
#204 ·
Whenever I see a car with aftermarket wheels the same size as stock ones I think one of the following:
1. The car was involved in an accident and the wheels were damaged and they went "cheap" and replaced the OEM wheels with aftermarket ones.

2. OEM wheels were stolen and they went the cheap route and bought aftermarket ones to replace them.

#208 ·
Looking good!!!

Not to thread jack but, I took delivery of my CW JSW 6 speed last night to join the JSW family! Love it so far! It's not my sold R32 but, fun in its own way. Hoping to do some type of shock/springs with some rims next summer (no point to switch them out now with winter approaching) to make it more fun in the twisties.

I've been stalking your thread (& anything nikhsub1 does to his JSW) for inspiration. :D

#212 ·
looking really sweet man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.