VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

golf gti 2.0.

11K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  TM87 
#1 ·
Our golf gti 2.0 2001 starts up fine,gets warm and cuts out and wont restart. No warning lights on dashboard. Any ideas please.

#20 ·
No idea but the OP has mk3. Better question is why does VW related thread bring all the azzholes out?
For other "car enthusiasts" on this forum, some people actually don't mind working on their cars. I know it's hard to understand for you armchair racers, internet experts.

As for OP,
Check the mk3 section and 2.0 section in "technical forum".

#3 ·
Cause it wants to commit suicide.

#12 · (Edited)
What a dumb-ass response. He's trying to fix it himself because he's not the money-wasting b!tch you probably are.

Why is it only mk4 VW owners that show up on this forum in this manner?
The question is more like "why is it everyone treats mk4 owners in this manner? Look at his post count; he's looking for help and clearly hasn't spent enough time on here to know there's a section for his car's model.

And calling people 'dickheads' is very mature?:confused:
Because no one on this bloody forum takes anyone (especially vw owners, even more so for mk4 owners) seriously and treats them like idiots. Dickheads? Very appropriate. All of you.

This forum is full of bullsh!t.

Our golf gti 2.0 2001 starts up fine,gets warm and cuts out and wont restart. No warning lights on dashboard. Any ideas please.
My guess is it's something idle related. My Mazda Protege had something similar; it was an EGR valve problem (emitted gas recirculation?) and it would start up fine. After it warmed up, the idle was so rough it would drown itself. I don't know how Volks's systems are, but my brother had the same problem on his and got so bad he replaced the valve. Hope that helps you narrow down the problem. :thumbup:

#19 ·
unplug the MAF sensor, see if it runs. if it does, you need a new MAF sensor. Known problem on those cars.

And ignore all the *******s. As one example, Mellberg is a loser who thinks hes cool because he drive a POS 80s VW. The rest aren't any better.

#25 ·
Mk4 2.0?

I see these come in with the same problem every so often. It could be the ignition control module. On these motors you can buy the module and coil as one assembly from your local auto parts store.

Check the date of manufacture, there is a cutoff at 09/2000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.