VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Compomotive wheels finally has a US Distributor! Our very own 1552design!

169K views 244 replies 111 participants last post by  BMP_3918 
#1 ·
So, here I am reading the Jetta GLI 6 thread and I figured "Oh, lemme check 1552s facebook page about it"
lo and behold the GREATEST NEWS EVER TO HIT THE US SHORES (if you know anything about wheels)

Compomotive Wheels Available Through fifteen52!

Published: February 3, 2011
fifteen52 is proud to announce our position as Compomotive’s current North American distributor.

We’re still working on a pricing program as well as listing the Compomotive portfolio in the products section of this website, but in the mean time feel free to forward inquiries to info@fifteen52.us.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not only that, but they're selling them at an amazing good price.

At the FORMER distributor they were asking $450/wheel for TH 17x8s
at 1552 they're selling them at a MUCH more reasonable $289/wheel

If you don't know about Compomotive wheels, let me go over the basics:

• Extremely strong
  • Extremely light
  • used almost exclusively by rally teams for the last 25 years

I was first introduced to Compomotives by two people here on the VWVortex
Brad @ 1552 with his Golf Next Door

and Pat (who's username escapes me) who also had them on a black A2 GTI

They're offering all their wheels (Modulars are available by special order, I hear) but focusing on the motorsport wheels:

The MO5

The MO6

the ML

the TH1

the TH2

I hate to come off like an advertiser here, I'm just trying to spread the word for those people who had asked me in the past about where to get Compomotives.

Check their site for sizing options. It's not just VW fitments either. They're offering the line of lug pattern, offsets and widths.

These make great autocross, rallycross, stage rally or just great looking street wheels.

This is going into my budget for next year. I've wanted a set of Compomotives forever.

See less See more
#13 ·
I've wanted a set of Compomotives forever.
This is great news, however, you do know you could order them directly from Compomotive...at least I could last year, and still can this year. There did not appear any issue with shipping to the States, and the pricing is very affordable.

A set of 16x8 MO1681s with shipping to the States was $1,245.00 or $311.25 per wheel.

Is the $289/wheel for all wheels or does it vary with wheel model?

#51 ·
Finding a set of Series 1 Turbos like those would be difficult at best
However finding some R10 Turbos (the modern reproduction version) is easier... however not @ $90/ea anymore. Ronal USA is no more and you would have to import them at around $150/ea + shipping and you're limited to 15" diameter wheels in 4 lug bolt patterns (mostly 4x100)

Compomotive THs come in many different sizes and bolt patterns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.